Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thieves ❯ Webs and Revelations ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, again. Danica asked me to update within a day or two, so I did. lol.  ^_^ I didn't have this chapter completely written, so I've been working on it, like, all day. It's a little longer than most. I hope you enjoy it.

I don't own yu yu hakusho

Chapter 6. Webs and Revelations

For the next few days, the companions worked out their plan. Over the days Saira and Kurama drew closer and closer. It was rather annoying to the other two members.

The guys had gone to get supplies so Minai and Saira talked a little.

"So you and Kurama have gotten quite close lately, huh?" Minai said.

Saira just smiled, her eyes getting a kind of faraway look.

Minai stuck her tongue out, "Bleh! People in love make me sick."

"Excuse me?" Saira blinked.

"You heard me."

Saira glared, seeing the teasing look on her best friend's face. A sudden thought came to her. "Hey, when the stone in your necklace turns purple, what does it mean?"

"Purple?!"

Saira nodded.

Minai blinked, totally bewildered.

"I…I don't know… I don't think it's ever been purple before… Why?" Minai asked.

Saira shook her head. She began to put the pieces together. Minai's necklace turns a new shade when she is around Kuronue… "Hm…"

Any further conversation was cut off when the two guys came back, each carrying a bag.

The four companions packed up camp and left. They headed for the fortress they were to rob. As they passed through a forest, Kurama noticed a small crack in the ground. The four of them walked over to the crevice and peered in.

"I wonder what's down there," Minai said.

"We can find out," Kuronue said.

The four demons looked at each other. Without warning, Kuronue jumped into the crack. Kurama followed close behind him. Saira and Minai blinked at each other, then jumped in as well.

Saira landed beside her friends and looked around. There were thick white webs clinging to the walls and ceiling. Minai looked at the webs fearfully, edging away from them.

"What a strange place," Kurama said quietly.

"Let's look around," Kuronue said.

Minai blinked at them. Her necklace stone had turned a deep shade of gold. Saira knew that color; gold meant that Minai was afraid.

The four walked down the dark hallway. Kuronue and Kurama led the way, with the girls following close behind. Minai kept eyeing the webs around them.

"Oh my god! What is that!?"

Saira pointed over Kurama's shoulder at a huge, round, white nest.

"I wonder what could be inside it," Kuronue whispered.

Minai's eyes landed on a staff lying in the corner. She picked it up and stepped toward the nest.

"Go on," Saira urged.

Minai took a step forward, her hands shaking slightly. She clutched the small staff for dear life as she looked at the giant spider's nest. She glanced at her friends. Saira stood close behind Kurama, both kitsunes looked nervous. Kuronue stood just behind Minai. He also looked worried.

Minai took a deep breath, trying to calm her shaking hands. She hated spiders, she'd been deathly afraid of them since she was little. She wasn't sure she wanted to know what was in that web. Still, she stabbed the nest with the staff.

Kuronue pulled her back quickly as many white things fell from the ruined web. Minai peered at them, letting out a startled yell before hiding her face in Kuronue's chest.

Lying on the floor under the destroyed web, was the bones of humans and demons…

Kuronue looked at the bones while holding Minai tightly. He looked back at Saira and Kurama. The winged demon felt Minai move a little and looked down at her. The girl was looking over her shoulder at the bones, fear reflecting in her eyes.

"There's something strange about those bones," Kurama whispered to Kuronue.

Kuronue eyed the bones, realizing the kitsune was right.

"The bones of the Nelory tribe."

Kuronue looked down at Minai, slightly surprised. "What did you say?"

Minai looked up at him, and then looked back at the bones. Her eyes still shined with fear and worry. "The Nelory tribe was one clan of the Moon demons. There were only three tribes: the Nelory, the Duori, and the Ketora. A long time ago, the Duori tribe was killed by other demons, fighting for land. Then the Nelory tribe disappeared without a trace. This must be what happened to them."

"How do you know this?" Kuronue asked.

Minai smiled at him. "The staff had the markings of the Nelory tribe and this is the area where they once lived."

"That's not what I meant," Kuronue muttered.

"Perhaps we should leave before the spiders come back," Saira said.

The others readily agreed. As they were turning to leave, a sharp clicking sound echoed through the hallway. Minai gasped. Kuronue turned, keeping Minai behind him. Kurama stepped in front of Saira. In the hall just behind them was a massive black spider. Thick black hairs bristled as it looked at the four demons, eight hateful red eyes glared at them. Sharp pincers clicked just in front of its sharply fanged mouth. The monster was maybe 20 feet in height.

Kuronue pulled out two scythes and Kurama drew his Rose Whip. The two guys launched in to fight. Kurama lashed his whip at one of the beast's legs. Kuronue threw both his scythes at the monster's eyes. The monster blocked the scythes with one leg. It looked down as Kurama's Rose Whip wrapped around another leg. It lifted its leg, pulling on the whip. Kurama pulled back on it, but he wasn't strong enough and was pulled along the floor.

"We have to help them!" Saira cried. She drew a small twig from her long braided hair. The twig turned into a long sword. The kitsune-girl launched into the battle.

Minai watched her friends fight uncertainly. The spider flung Kurama into a wall, then sent Kuronue's scythe back at him. Saira's twig-sword did absolutely no damage to the monster. Kurama was thrown into another wall, he fell, slightly stunned. One of Kuronue's scythes cut the winged demon across the cheek. Minai looked down and saw the Nelory staff. Maybe if she could channel some of her power into the staff…

Minai snatched up the staff and ran toward the monster-spider. She glanced at Kurama, who shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

"Kurama!" Minai called. "Hold down its leg!"

Kurama glanced at her, and then grabbed his Rose Whip, which he had dropped when he was stunned. He pulled on the whip. "It's no good! I can't hold it!" he cried as his feet slipped a little. Saira dropped her twig-sword and ran to help him.

"Kuro! Keep it busy!" Minai shouted as she ran to the pinned down leg.

Kuronue spun his scythes toward the monster's face. It snapped, cutting the cord on one of the scythes.

Minai stopped as she reached the two kitsunes and the monster's leg. She fought down the urge to run away from the spider and took a deep breath. Holding the Nelory staff tightly, she began to climb up the spider's leg. She winced, disgusted by the feel of the monsters hair and flesh.

The spider felt her climbing and tried to throw her off. Kurama and Saira strained to hold the beast in place. Kuronue gripped his remaining scythe and threw it. The monster was preoccupied and didn't notice it. The scythe went deep into the spider's large eye. It cried out and flailed, almost throwing the kitsunes and almost knocking Minai off. Minai scrambled up to the monster's body quickly. She carefully crawled to the monsters head and pulled the staff above her head. She focused her spirit energy, forcing it into the staff. She whipped the staff down on the spider's head in a blinding arc. The creature pitched forward, sending Minai flying. Kuronue caught her, and both of them fell to the floor. Saira and Kurama collapsed as the Rose Whip cut through the monster's leg.

Minai looked at the now dead spider and sighed with relief. It was dead. She suddenly realized she was on top of Kuronue and got up quickly, blushing. Saira and Kurama stood. Saira laughed at her friend. Minai helped Kuronue up.

"I want to get out of here… Now!" Minai said to her friends. They laughed at her.

Woohoo! I hope you like this chapter. I won't tell you how Minai knew so much about the Moon demons; try to figure it out yourself. Anyway, please review and tell me what you think. Thanks.