Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thieves ❯ Army of the Moon ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heya! I'm back! Sorry that the last chapter was so short, but this next one is too… sorry. Thanks for the reviews, though I didn't get that many…. Oh well. I shall carry on. Tee hee, I'm being weird. ^_^; I'll just get on with the story now… heh heh….

I don't own yu yu hakusho

Chapter 10

Army of the Moon

Kurama had almost recovered from his wounds (thanks to his ability to heal quickly.) within a few days. He and Saira had spoken about how to free Kuronue and find Minai.

Kurama rubbed a hand over his eyes and leaned back against a tree. "There seems to be no way. There are too many guards in that area of the fortress."

"We can't just leave Kuronue," Saira argued. 

"But it suicide for both of us" Kurama said. "Let me go alone."

"NO!" Saira cried. "You can't get through on your -" She stopped short. She looked off to the right, listening. "Someone's here," she whispered.

Kurama stayed silent, listening as well. Saira closed her eyes, smelling the air. The scent was very familiar, but somehow different.

"I don't believe it!" Saira whispered, jumping to her feet.

A figure stepped from the trees. Both of the kitsunes gaped at the figure.

It was Minai. Her shoulder-length light hair was pulled back and braided in places. Her normal black clothes had been replaced by gleaming silver chain mail armor. The cloth of her shirt, long pants, and the clock she wore was dark blue. Painted on the silver chain mail was a crescent moon and star - the sign of the Moon demons.

"Minai," Saira gasped, looking at her friend's clothes.

"I'm sorry I worried you," Minai said quietly.

"What happened? Why are you dressed like that?" Saira asked.

 "I told you once that I was part of the Ketora tribe, right?"

Saira nodded.

"You're what?" Kurama demanded.

 Minai ignored him. "I'm really the princess of the Moon demons."

Saira blinked at her for a moment, then nodded, "Yeah, I can see that."  Behind her, Kurama looked completely bewildered.

"I went back to my tribe. I raised an army. We will attack the fortress and lure the guards away while you find Kuronue and get him out.

Saira nodded thoughtfully, "It might just work."

Minai smiled a little. "Alright. My warriors will attack at dawn. Good luck." The girl disappeared into the forest.

"Is it just me or did she look sad just now?" Saira said, turning to Kurama.

The other kitsune glared at her. "Explain."

Saira sighed. "This may take a while."

*           &nb sp;                         &nb sp;                      *            &n bsp;             ;            &n bsp;             ;        *

Minai looked out over the members of her army. She had done the one thing she had vowed never to do. She'd gone back to her clan. There was no escape now. Her father had made her promise to return, and Minai never went back on her word. She would no longer be able to be with her friends, or be a thief. She could never see Saira of Kurama…or Kuronue. For some reason, it hurt to think of leaving him, even though they hadn't known each other very long.

Minai touched her necklace lightly. The stone in it had turned a dark green. Minai was silent for a long moment, thinking. She looked down at the necklace. She made up her mind and pulled the fine silver chain from around her throat. She held the charm in her hand and went into her tent. She would need rest for the next day.

*           &nb sp;                         &nb sp;                      *            &n bsp;             ;            &n bsp;             ;        *

Kuronue leaned against the wall, looking out the window blankly. He absently played with the pendent around his neck. (I had to get it in here somewhere!) The ruby stone glittered dully. Kuronue was worried about Kurama and Minai. At least Kurama was in Saira's care. No one seemed to know what had happened to Minai. She could be in grave danger…or worse.

Kuronue sighed. There was nothing to be gained by worrying. He could not help his friends. He could not even help himself.

 

All right, this one was short. But I promise that the next one will be longer, though it may take a little while to type. Sorry. I will tell you that the chapter title is "One freed, One imprisoned" if that helps any. I'll try to update as soon as possible. Again, thanks for reviewing the other chapters, now review this one. Thanks!

-Fire Gemron-