Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Things Change ❯ The past Creeps Up. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Millie: Hey I'm sorry I haven't been writing much on this one. Black has been FORCING me to write for the other ones.
Hiei: WHERE IS THE HELL IS MY DAMN KATANA?!?!?!
Millie: I don't know. What the hell makes you think I took it?
Hiei: Because I always try to kill you with it.
Millie: I'm not stupid. I know you can do just as bad with a butter knife.
Kuwabara: *calls from kitchen room.* HEY!! Where are all the butter knives?
Hiei: *growls at Millie*
Millie: OH MY GOD I'VE BEEN FRAMED!!!
Hiei: *growls even louder.*
Millie: *gets really scared now* Well I have to go. Have fun reading. *runs away at the speed of light*
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
We had been here with the boys for some months now and we were all very happy about it. I woke up to Yusuke standing in my doorway.
“Hey wake up. Someone tried to break into the house last night.”
“What? Who?”
“If I knew I would have already told you.” He said. I rolled my eyes and changed my clothes. I ran downstairs and saw Kurama sitting in the living room.
“Oh there you are Melissa. I must show you something.” I followed him into the dining room where I could see words carved into the wood of the table. The chairs had been flung in every which way and a huge symbol had been sloppily painted on the wall.
“What does this say?” I asked.
“I do not know. I was hoping maybe you would tell us.”
“Me? But I have never seen this language before.” I said.
“Do you know if Sarah might have the answer as to what it is?”
“I don't know. I will ask her when she comes down here.” I looked up to examine the symbol. It was a triangle within a circle but the points of the triangle were dull and formed small circles. “I know what this is though.” I said.
Everyone looked at me with interest in there eyes.
“So what does it mean?” asked Yusuke, getting a little impatient.
“It's a symbol for witchcraft. In certain areas many years ago people would be burned and tortured for it. On the doors of many houses people who didn't like the thought of it would put these signs up. A lot of people thought of witchcraft as being connected to the devil and his minions. Ever heard of the Salem witch trials?” I asked.
“Yeah. Man were they brutal. They burnt their victims to the stake.” answered Yusuke.
“Well the only reason I can see that anyone would put this on the wall is if one of us was a witch or practices that kind of stuff.” I said. I turned around to face them all. They were staring at me. “What?”
“Well you are a spellcaster.” said Kuwabara.
“Yeah but that doesn't mean I'm a witch. There is a fine line between being a witch and a spellcaster. Witches are more evil and dark.”
“Well I still think it's you.”
“Kuwabara shutup. Does anyone else here practice witchcraft?” I asked. Everyone shook there heads in a no.
“Hey guys. What's going on?” Sarah walked into the room wearing her usual attire, jeans and a dark blue tank top that she got from Abercrombie. Her red hair reached all the way down past her shoulders and it was now out of her face. Her blue/green eyes fell upon her surroundings and her mouth opened slightly at the mess. “What happened?” She asked.
“Someone broke in last night and did this Onna. Do you know anybody that might have done this?” asked Hiei. He looked at her as if she was merely a human that he shouldn't care for but I new the truth. I could see it in his eyes. He wanted more from her. She looked at the words carved into the wood. She swept her hands across the words. I could tell she was remembering something.
“Sarah? Are you ok?” I asked.
“What?” She snapped out of it and came back into reality. “Oh yeah I'm fine.”
“Good. Now do you know what language this is?” asked Kuwabara.
“No. I-I'm sorry I don't.” As she spoke she kept backing up until she accidentally bumps into a side table, knocking over a glass. Hiei quickly zips over and grabs it before it hits the ground.
“Are you ok Onna?” He asked. Sarah looked all over the place, embarrassed and a little shook up. We had no idea what was wrong with her.
“Sorry. I-I have to go. Bye.” She ran away into the living room and down the hall.
“I wonder what her problem is.” replied Yusuke.
“I don't know. I'll go check.” I said and got up ready to see what the problem was.
“No.” Hiei intervened. “I will go see what the problem is.” He acted as if he knew something we didn't. I sat back down and let him go. He walked down the hall. As he was approaching her door he could hear her crying. The door was slightly ajar so he let himself in.
“Onna what is going on?” He asked. She turned around startled by his quiet entrance. She quickly wiped away her tears hoping he wouldn't notice.
“Nothing Hiei. Just allergies that's all.”
“Hn. I can tell when you're lieing Onna. I know you don't have allergies now tell me why are you crying? and what is it out there that has you all worked up.” He demanded to know the truth.
“Back the fuck off Hiei. I am just having some emotional problems ok?” Hiei was slightly hurt at the sound of this but just kept on prying at the subject.
“Look bitch don't throw around cuss words at me just because I am trying to fucking help you. If anything happens to us then it will be all your fault. Do you really want that weighing you down? And all because you couldn't reveal some little information you have.” He said. She looked at him with sadness flooding her eyes.
“Look Hiei, when I was younger I was forced to practice witchcraft. I ended up killing many. I liked it. There was this woman that I went to, to learn the art. She suggested that since I liked it so much that I become apart of this cult. I eventually left her and went to a very powerful man. His name was Pandoramine. We got really close. We started dating and we were happy until I came home one day and my parents were dead.” She was looking down at the floor. As she was talking he took a seat in front of her. She kept going with her story.
“I ran over to them. They were lying on the floor; their eyes were calling to me as if I was the one that had done it. That murdered them. I fell to floor and started crying. I saw the christenathius's on there wrists and I knew it was one of my fellow cult members then he walked in from the other room. He was swinging around his red gem necklace; smiling down at me as if he had achieved something great. He said that he had to. That it was the right thing to do. I asked him why the fuck he would do something like this to me. He said they were in the way of our relationship, of our power. That they wanted me to leave him. I yelled at him and drove my katana through his heart but nothing happened. I left right after that. He killed all I had Hiei and now he wants to kill me and all you.” Hiei was quiet. He thought of the story she had told and felt a deep sadness well up within him.
“Onna, I'm truly sorry to hear this. If that is the case then I promise nothing will happen to you.” He said trying his best to find the right words to make her stop crying.
“That's nice of you Hiei but he will get what he wants. I am going to give myself to him.”
“What? You can't that's defeat. I know you are better than that.”
“If I don't then he will kill all of you.”
“But if you do then he will kill you.” He didn't want that. “Look we will go downstairs and tell the rest about it and then we will try and find out what that language is. Ok? We have to at least try.” Her courageousness only made him even more attracted to her.
“I guess so.” They both got up to leave and tell the rest of the gang but as they were walking out Sarah stopped him.
“Onna what is it?”
“I want to thank you Hiei.”
“Hn. For what baka?”
“For helping me with my problem. I mean I have been dealing with this for a long time. I have never talked to anyone about it before. Thank you.” She pulled him into a small hug. He was surprised by her actions. They pulled away and retreated back to the dining room with us.
“KUWABARA STOP IT OK? I WILL NOT GO OUT WITH YOU!!! I'M SORRY!!!!”
He walked away with his head hanging low. “Jeeze, I don't want to be mean to the guy but I mean how many times do you have to say no before he gets the picture?” Sarah just laughed at me.
“Well hello Sarah. I hope you are feeling ok.” reassured Kurama. She eventually told us everything after a couple of minutes of silence.
“Oh my god Sparky. I'm so sorry.” I said and gave her a hug.
“It's ok.” She hugged me back. We all sat there for moment.
“So do you know what this language is?” I asked.
“Yes. It's called Tagalonishia. It's an ancient language but my pronunciation is bad and I haven't spoken it in years. Plus I'm really rusty and don't know half of what it means anymore.”
“Well what happens if you say it? I mean will something happen?” I asked.
“Usually some sort of contact should be made but I doubt it will work. The language has been out of circulation for so long I doubt it will work.” She sat down in one of the undisturbed chairs.
“Well maybe Melissa should say. I mean she is a spellcaster.” suggested Yusuke.
“Hm. Ok. I mean what could go wrong right?” I said. I stood up and went over to the table. “Palaminos golithamite silange porfavrome” We all looked around the room but nothing happened.
“I guess it doesn't work anymore.” said Kuwabara. Then as soon as he said that a massive beam of yellow light came shooting out of the center of the symbol aiming for me.
“MELISSA!!!!!!!!!!” yelled Sarah. She ran in front of me and pushed me to the side, causing the light to hit her in the chest.
“What the fuck was that?” I asked as I stumbled back up to my feet. Hiei ran to her to see if she was okay. I didn't notice it hit her and walked over to Hiei. “What happened?”
“She saved your life it seems.” answered Kurama.
“What?” I said, my eyes got wide.
“SARAH?!?!?!?!” yelled Hiei. She didn't move. “What the hell did you say Melissa?” He asked me.
“I don't know. I didn't think it would do this to her.” I replied.
“Well it did…..Shit. What are we going to do?” He asked.
“I'm sorry I-I didn't mean to.”
”Just shut up and find out what we can do.” said Hiei.
“Boys you take her to the infirmary now.” said Genkai. The gang picked her up and put on one of the crisp white beds.
“What is going to happen to her?” asked Kurama.
“I am not sure, first we must run some tests to find out what happened in the first place.” We all stood around the room hoping she would just wake and we wouldn't have to give her tests but she never did. I stood in the doorway biting my thumbnail. Hiei took a seat right next to her bed. We didn't ask him nay questions, for we already knew how he felt about her. She just lay in the bed unmoving. The light that shined around her was now getting darker and darker by minute.
“What does that mean?” I asked getting extremely worried now.
“I don't know. We must do tests now. You all need to leave.” We all left and went into the hallway.
“Dammnit. What if she dies?” I said.
“Do not worry Melissa. I am sure she will be fine.” Kurama tried to comfort me but I could see in his eyes that he didn't believe what he was saying.
“And what if something does go wrong huh? What if she dies? Then it will be all my fault. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that happened. And look at Hiei, he's devastated” Hiei just sat in one of the chairs with his head in his hands.
“Come with me. You need to calm yourself down or you be overwhelmed. Just sit here and we will wait patiently.” He said. I did as he said and we waited for hours at a time.
“She has been severely poisoned.” Genkai said as she walked out of the room.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Millie: Gasp. I wonder who? Well that's stupid we all know who, her old bf. But why now? So long after?
Hiei: Stop asking questions, you are the write you already know.
Millie: Actually I don't. I'm just making this whole thing up as I type. ^_^
Hiei: -_-;;;
Millie: Oh yeah Black is coming back. She'll be here hopefully by tomorrow. Yay!!! Aren't you happy Hiei? Hahahaha
Hiei: *growls but knows he is*
Millie: hahaha well R&R everyone.