Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thinking Of You ❯ The Suspicious Lunch ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thoughts of You

"Lunch?" Yusuke asked. I nodded my head. Kuwa told Shizuru and Yukina he would be buying them lunch, so they could go and sit down some where. "You go sit with them Keiko, I'll bring you the food."

"What's for lunch?" you asked me innocently. I smiled and shook my head.

"You'll find out soon enough," I told you. You huffed. I shoved you off in the direction of the girls. "I'll bring you the food when Yusuke and Kuwa bring the girls theirs."

You muttered something under your breath and headed over. I chuckled and then hurried to catch up with Yusuke and Kuwa. They were arguing about something.

"Whassup?" I asked. They both spun around to give me a startled and frightened look. "Huh?"

"Nothing!" they replied. I smiled, they were so transparent.

"Whatever it is you can tell me," I told them as we continue to the vendor. They looked at each other.

"Should we tell him?" Yusuke whispered to Kuwa. Kuwa nodded his head.

"Might as well," he replied.

"Are you and Hiei together yet?" Yusuke blurted with all the subtlety of a slap to the face. I blushed intensely. This was not exactly what I had expected.

"Two funnel cakes and two cokes," Yusuke said to the vendor.

"Well…?" Kuwa questioned.

"Uh, no," I replied, blushing even further.

"Six bucks," the vendor told Yusuke. He paid the man and looked at me.

"What're you waiting for?" he asked and walked over to the girls and you.

"Three funnel cakes and three cokes," Kuwa told the man. I stared at him.

"He's got a point you know," Kuwa said. He pulled out his money.

"Nine bucks," the man said.

"He does?!" I repeated, incredulous.

"Yeah, make your move," Kuwa said and headed off. I went over this mentally. I turned to the vendor and placed my order.

"Two funnel cakes, two cokes and a bag of cotton candy," I said.

"That all just for you little lady?" he asked. I sent him a glare.

"No, I'm buying for two," I snapped. His eyes went wide.

"Congratulations!" he shouted. I cocked an eyebrow. "When's the baby due?"

He handed me my food. I sighed, rolled my eyes and decided to play along. "January."

"You three months pregnant?!?" he asked, surprised.

"I look pretty good, ne?" I replied and headed over to the others. I was immediately surrounded by my adoring female fans. I weaved my way through them. You were sitting by Keiko and Kuwa. He nudged you. I blushed.

"Here you go Hiei," I said as I plopped down beside you. I handed you a `funnel cake', a `Pepsi' and a bag of `cotton candy'. You shrugged as you bit into the `funnel cake'. Shortly after the `Pepsi' was gone also.

"Uh oh Kurama," Yusuke said. "I think you got him sugar high. You should take away that cotton candy before he starts bouncing off walls."

"I want to get on his good side before we torture you three," I told him. I smiled maliciously. Yusuke shook his head and muttered something to the effect of `it's your funeral'.

After a sugar filled lunch the girls and I manipulated the three of you sticks-in-the-mud into the Karaoke tent. Someone was on the makeshift stage making a fool out of himself by trying to sing a song. You covered your ears. I smiled down at you and whispered that he wasn't that bad. You told me he was. I laughed at you. You scowled back. Yusuke hit you on the head. A giggle passed through my lips.

"You do know that that's what they're going to make us do, don't you?" Yusuke said. Your eyes widened, this was going to be priceless. I wished I had a camera.

"Now I know," You told him. You turned around to look for an exit, but I wrapped my arms around you and forced you into a chair next to the one I claimed for my own. You growled at me. I just smiled. You didn't deserve an answer.

Keiko was the first of us to sing. She sang `Wind Beneath My Wings.' I fought the urge to cry, it was so emotional. Yusuke shed a single tear. Yusuke opted for the song `Giving' by Collective Soul. Keiko cried. Yusuke got off the stage and wiped his eyes, then commenced to comfort Keiko. You told me that if you heard another sappy love song you'd hurl and your brain would rot. I laughed at you.

"I'll bet you ten bucks that after the next love song your brain won't rot and you won't hurl," I bet you.

"You're on," you replied. We shook hands.

Kuwa went up and sang a sappy song that I didn't listen to. I smirked at you. You growled. Yukina went up and sang a beautiful rendition of a song. Shizuru got up and sang `Mr. Jones' by the `Counting Crows.' I decided that I'd do something entirely different. As Shizuru got down, I stood up. I told Yusuke to hold you down bodily if need be. I went to the man and requested `Hoochy-coochy Man' by `Eric Clapton'.

"Gypsy woman told my mother, `fore I was born,

Got a boy child comin', goin'a be a son of a gun.

Gonna make pretty womens, jump and shout,

Then the world wanna know, what this all about,

But cha know I hear, everybody knows I'm here,

When I'm the Hoochy-coochy man, everybody knows I'm here

Got the black cat bone, got a mojo too,

I got the jive no conqueroo, gonna mess with you.

Gonna make you girls, Lead me by my hand

Then the world will know, Hoochy-coochy man

But cha know I'm here, everybody knows I'm here,

When I'm a Hoochy-coochy man, everybody knows I'm here"

I moved about the stage as best I could. I could hear and see the screaming females. No doubt from my school. I smile, I love the spotlight.

"On the 7th hour, on the 7th day,

On the 7th month, 7 doctors say,

You were born for good luck that you'll see

I got 7 hundred dollars, don't you mess with me,

But cha know I'm here, everybody knows I'm here,

When I'm a Hoochy-coochy man, everybody knows I'm here."

The song ended. All the females screamed and clapped their hands. I came for you. I grabbed your hand and pointed out a song for you to sing. Then proceeded to push you onto the stage. You looked stunned out into the crowd for a second and then realized what song it was. You looked relieved. I sat in my old chair.

"Where do I take this pain of mine?"

Your deep voice rang out. I stared at you in awe. How I love you.

~"Did you know Hiei could sing so good?"

"Uh uh."~

"I run but it stays right by my side.

So tear me open, pour me out,

There's things inside that scream and shout,

And the pain still hates me,

So hold me, until it sleeps.

Just like the curse, just like the stray,

You feed it once and now its stays (now it stays).

So tear me open but beware

There's things inside without a care

And the dirt still stains me,

So wash me until I'm clean.

It grips you so bad

It stains you so bad

It hates you so bad

It holds you so bad,

Until it sleeps.

So tell me why you've chosen me,

Don't want your grip, don't want your greed (don't want it)

I'll tear me open, make you gone.

No more can you hurt anyone

And the fear still shakes me

So hold me until it sleeps.

It grips you so bad

It stains you so bad

It hates you so bad

It holds you (holds you holds you)

Until it sleeps."

You looked at me.

"I don't want it (want it, want it, want it, want it, no)

So tear me open but beware

There's things inside without a care

And the dirt still stains me,

So wash me till I'm clean.

I'll tear me open, make you gone.

No longer will you hurt anyone,

And the fear still shakes me

So hold me until it sleeps."

You bowed your head and stepped off the stage to the roaring cheers and clapping. I sought you out in the crowd. Finally bumping into you near the others, but far enough away for them not to see.

"Thank you," You murmured. I put my arm around your shoulders and kissed the top of your head.

"Anytime Hiei," I whispered. We rejoined the group.

Yusuke and Kuwa gave each other a high five.

"They're pulling it together now," Yusuke said.