Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 2: Through Sightless Eyes ❯ Emergency ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"BLIND?!!!!"Yukina next to screeched, making Serena and Hiei cover their ears.

Keiko nodded sadly from her spot sitting next to Yusuke,"Whatever hit me at the soccer feild broke a vein in my eyes and the blood is slowly causing me to go blind."

Serena covered her ears, just in case someone else shreiked,"So that's why I smell blood."

"I'll bet you almost anything Yusuke thought you were pregnant when you first called him."Kuwabara fought back the urge to laugh.

Yusuke turned a bright shade of red,"No."

Kuwabar broke out laughing and had to lean on Serena, who was having trouble keeping a straight face, to keep from falling over,"You ARE pathetic Urameshi!"

"I'll agree with you there."Serena smirked,"Ow, Kazuma, you're not that light ya know!"

"WE'VE GOT A BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!"Botan suddenly flew up on her oar.

Serena slapped her hands over her ears,"WENCH!!! THERE'S A LUPINE HERE YA KNOW!!!!"

"Sorry, but there's a REALLY big problem!"Botan landed right in front of Yusuke,"Someone, or something, has been reviving demons everywhere you turn! The Saint Beasts have even been revived!"

Hiei nearly fell out of his tree top perch and Kuwabara really did fall, dragging Serena down with him. Keiko clenched her fist,"So are the demons from the Netherworld."

"How did you know?"Botan asked.

"I just.did."Keiko's eyes glazed over for a moment,"And Serena is about to knock down a tree."

Just as the words left her mouth a tree fell behind Serena, who suddenly had a scythe like the ones Kuronoue had used, except made of purple spiritual energy, in her left hand. The rest of the group looked from Keiko to Serena, then back to Keiko.

Botan finally spoke,"We'd better get back to the Spirit World so Lord Koenma can fill you in on the details."

About three hours later

"So, let me get this straight,"Yusuke, who was close to falling asleep, groaned,"something has revived all the demons who have died in the last twenty years, including The Saint Beasts, and we've gotta stop them, greaaat."

"What he said."Serena rolled her amethyst eyes,'All demons, that means Hina, wow.'

'Hina, as in my mother Hina?'Hiei mentally questioned.

'That's her.'

"What are you smiling about?!"Yusuke snarled.

"ALL demons, Urameshi."Kuwabara hissed,"as in Yukina and Hiei's mother."

Yukina almost sqealed in delight and Genkai, who had appeared somewhere in Koenma's lecture, growled angrily. Hiei snorted,"What's your problem?"

"Me happy equals Genkai mad."Serena exlained dryly,"Genkai hates my mother and hates me even more."

"Wait,"Keiko began,"we've still got to worry about the revived Saint Beasts and Netherworld demons."

"C'mon, we beat 'em once, we can beat 'em again!"Yusuke boasted,"Plus we've got the princess of Makai on our side this time."

"I prefer the pirncess of theives."Serena snorted,"I'd prefer not mentioning the fact that I'm the Saint Beasts' neice."

"WAIT A MINUTE?!"Koenma yelped,"YOU'RE RELATED TO THE SAINT BEASTS?!!"

Hiei rolled his eyes,"You JUST figured that out? Serena is the daughter of the Makai princess Mohriyahno and the theif Kuronoue, by birth she is the princess of Makai, and the heir to the throne."

"Excuse me?! You never mentioned that!!"Serena yelped,"Under what conditions?!"

"I know I heard Mohroh say her beloved brother had no children and, unless they actually had the brains to hide them, which I highly doubt, the Saint Beasts also have no children, so, you're the only one who could ascend to the throne if once we manage to kill them all off."

Serena slapped her forehead,"Why didn't anyone tell me about this before?!"

"Skipped our minds?"Yukina shrank back in fear, expecting Serena to explode.

Serena spun and punched out a pillar,"I'm not going to kill anyone, for now. I'll take my anger out on uncle fearest and his gang."

"So, you'll take the case?!"Koenma yelped.

"No."Serena said simply.

"EXCUSE ME?!"Koenma, Yusuke, and Botan all yelped.

"I promised Kurama we wouldn't go back to Makai,"Serena exlained,"so, I won't go."

"We also promised that we wouldn't let the rest of this nut bag return either."Hiei added,"There is no way any of us are going back."

"Find someone else to do it."Kuwabara finished.

"And you are not taking that case, Yusuke Urameshi."Serena snarled,"It'll just be you against all of them, you'll get killed. Let's go." She, Hiei, Yukina, and Kuwabara left the office without another word.

Yusuke, Koenma, Keiko, and Botan stared after them. Yusuke was the first one to talk,"Who died and made her king of the team?"

"One queen,"Keiko corrected,"and two, she is technically a princess and it's probably nature to order people around."

"Or she's just a bitch."Yusuke muttered,"She acts like the queen of the world."

"Yusuke,"Keiko looked out the window at the retreating forms of four fifths of the Srot Detectives,"it's not that she's rude or arrogant, she's just keeping her promise to Kurama. I know she's telling the truth, even if I don't like her."

Back in Makai

"KURONOUE!!! WAKE UP!!!"

Kuronoue was jolted out of a very nice dream by Hina screaming,"What the.......?"

Across the fire, Suzaku had a very panick stricken Hina in a headlock,"Hello, Kuronoue."

"You..."Kuronoue snarled,"Let.Her.Go."

"Why should I?"Suzaku snickered,"Hina will be perfect bait for my beloved neice and her 'friends'."

Suddenly something collided with Kuronoue's head.

A few days later

*knock knock* Shiori opened the door to find Eries standing in front of her,"Hello, Eries."

"Hi, Shiori,"Eries smiled,"where are Yukina and the others?"

"They're fighting in the hills on the edge of town. There's a well beaten path leading from behind the house, just follow it and you should be able to find them."

"Thanks."Eries put on a motorcycle helmet she'd had under her arm and jumped on her motorcycle a few feet away,"bye!" She sped off behind the house. Indeed, there was a path behind the house, lined with stones, leading into the forest.


Serena jumped out of the way as Hiei threw a firey punch at her,"Not fast enough."

Hiei growled in annoyance and moved to stab her with his katana, only to have Serena's staff get in the way,"Wench."

Yukina watched the two warriors exchange fierce blows,"How much longer will you two be at this?"

"Until they figure out what ta do about Urameshi."Kuwabara shrugged.

"Then why aren't you in the fight with them?"Yukina asked.

"I don't hit girls."Kuwabara said simply.

"What girl?"Hiei asked, hitting Serena over the head with the broad side of his sword,"This ugly thing is no girl." Hiei suddenly found himself on the ground with Serena standing on his chest,"What the....?"

"Just because I don't act like a girl doesn't mean you can say I'm not one."Serena hissed, then turned to Kuwabara,"As for you. What are you going to do when your wife, if you ever get lucky enough to get married, starts having mood swings. You'll need to find a way to shut her up."

"And, knowing your luck,"Hieie teased,"you'll end up with a bitch who's more violent than Serena and Shizuru combined."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't here that."Shizuru looked up from her spot sprawled out on a big rock,"Someone explain to me why I'm here, again."

"You've got nothing better to do."Serena shrugged,"Besides, someone has to babysit Kazuma while I'm sparring with Hiei."

"Good point."Shizuru shrugged.

"YUKINA!!!!!!! SERENA!!!!!!"Eries skidded to a stop in front of Serena and Hiei,"Problem, big problem!!"

Serena looked at the motorcycle riding girl,"Now what?"

"Rando,"Eries panted,"big, mean demon, after Urameshi and Kuwabara. Had to warn you..."

Kuwabara and Serena exchanged glances,"Oh, that's all."

"DO YOU KNOW WHO RANDO IS?!"Eries practically shreiked.

Serena cringed and covered her ears,"Eries Soluna Arukna, QUIT SCREECHING!"

"Sorry,"Eries mutter,"but, seriously."

"Seriously,"Serena suddenly knocked Hiei off his feet again and sat down on his back,"we can take that baka, Urameshi kicked his butt nearly a year ago."

"Well,"Eries looked back at the forest as said demon emerged from the trees,"here's your chance to prove it."