Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ This.....wasn't what I had in mind. ❯ School ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenshi walked through the doors, only to tackled, making her stumble slightly.

" Good Morning Tenshi !" chirped a hyper voice and Tenshi sighed, though a smile reached her lips.

" Good morning, Kiya." she greeted her brown haired best friend, who pulled away, grinning as her amber eyes sparkled. Tenshi began to walk, Kiya bouncing beside her.

" Soo...watcha doing ?" Kiya asked. Tenshi looked at her from the corner of her eye. Sometimes her best friend could be really dense.

' Oh well,' thought Tenshi, ' It's part of what makes her Kiya, I guess.' " Well," she started before smiling at Kiya, " I was hoping to go to my locker before going to class." She giggled when Kiya gave her an blank look.

" I know that," she said dryly, " What are you doing after school ?" she asked. Tenshi thought for a moment, closing her eyes.

" Homework, and then I'll help mother with dinner." she answered and Kiya pouted.

" What about tommorrow ?" she asked hopefully. Tenshi sighed.

" I work tommorrow." she said and Kiya whined.

" Aww, Tenshi, you're always busy !" she said, tugging on said blonde's arm. Tenshi sighed again, running her free hand through her shoulder length pale blonde locks.

" I know Kiya, and I'm sorry that I can't spend time with you. But I promised mother." she said with an apologetic smile. Kiya stared at her with an unreadable expression for a moment.

" Okay !" she chirped and Tenshi sweatdropped before smiling. " Kya ! Look Tenshi !" said Kiya, tugging on her friend's arm and pointing. Tenshi looked up to see Shuichi Minamino talking to one of the first year students, who seemed to be hanging on every word he said.

" It's rude to point, Kiya." said Tenshi and Kiya stared at her with a blank expression.

" Come on Tenshi. I still don't get how you can't stare Shuichi Minamino." she said and Tenshi shrugged as she dialed the combination on her locker.

" It's simple. I don't like him that way." she said and Kiya gasped, giving her incredulous look that Tenshi returned with her own look of confusion. " What ?" she asked. Kiya sighed.

" How can you not like him like that ? The boy's built like a god." she said with a dreamy like sigh as Tenshi shook her head.

" I don't like him that way, so lets leave it at that, okay Kiya ?" she said as she walked towards the classroom. Kiya sighed.

" Alright fine." she said and walked away, since she had a different class. Tenshi shook her head as she stared after her friend before smiling and opening the door to the classroom. Taking her seat, she began to sort out her books and looked up as the door opened again, and Shuichi walked in. As he took his seat next to her, she smiled at him.

" Ah...good morning Shuichi." she said. Shuichi smiled back at her.

" Good morning Tenshi." he said. Tenshi turned back to her book. Kurama ( I'm calling him Kurama from now on ) stared at her. He had seen her in the hallways alot, talking to the brown haired, amber eyed girl named Kiya. She smiled alot, but he noticed it never reached her dark blue eyes, they always held empty warmth, she smiled more out of being polite than truly smiling. Like him.[1]

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_ *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
< br> Tenshi sighed as she walked home in silence, the smile gone from her face, the obviously forced warmth gone as well. She wondered if Kiya would still be her friend if she saw the real Tenshi. The usually never smiling, always serious, anti-social, some what cold Tenshi. Tenshi remembered when she had become this way, she hadn't always had to force the smiles onto her face, the fake warmth. It just sort of happened, like something snapped inside her. Reaching her home, she smiled softly, this time for real, as her smiles usually were when she got home. Walking up the steps, she unlocked the door and stepped inside, slipping off her shoes.

" I'm home mother, father !" she called as she set her bag down.

" Welcome home darling !" called her mother as she walked over, hugging Tenshi's slim body. Tenshi smiled again as she wrapped her arms around her mother. Her mother stepped back, smiling gently as she brushed a strand of Tenshi's pale blonde hair out of her face.

" You're growing up so fast..." she said with a fond smile. Tenshi laughed lightly.

" What did you expect, mother ?" she asked and her mother laughed as well.

" I certainly didn't expect you to grow up that fast, that's for sure. Now, how about helping me with dinner ? Your father shall be home soon." said Aiko. Tenshi smiled softly.

" Of course mother. Anything for you." she said quietly as she followed her mother into the kitchen. She meant it. She would do anything to make sure her mother was safe and out of harm.