Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Come Back ❯ Let's Go Home... ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kei stared into the blue eyes of the griffin and say Sakyo's spirit. His 'old' spirit, before he changed. The same fun-loving and caring spirit Kei fell in love with 25 years ago. Kei smiled and hugged the griffin. It squawked happily and climbed up to her shoulder. There it stood, proud and majestic, just like the old Sakyo Kei knew. She turned to Kurama and said "Let's go home."

Kurama smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist. The griffin, now named Saky (not Sakyo!), snapped at Kurama's head but Kurama dodged just in time. Kei glared at Saky and clamped his beak shut. "Now, now, Saky, behave or else. You're not Sakyo anymore but I still love you. Behave!" Kei said.

Saky looked back at her and flapped its winged as an affirmative. Kei let go of its beak and walked on with Kurama. The group walked up to the hotel to retrieve their things, Kei, Jin, and Touya split from the group to go to their own rooms. When they got there, Kei turned to her two remaining brothers and said "I've decided... I'm going to stay with Kurama in Ningenkai..."

Jin was about to object but Touya said "We understand your decision and honor it like any brother should. Just remember to visit when you can."

Kei threw her arms around his neck as her thanks and ran into her room to get her things.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kei, Kurama, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko, Shizuru, Botan, Hiei, Saky, Puu, and Yukina stood on the grassy plains of Hanging Neck Isle waiting for their boat to arrive. Jin and Touya had already departed on another boat after goodbyes were exchanged. Kei was going to live with Kurama's family in the Ningenkai. Yusuke said "You know... I'm really going to miss this stupid place..."

"Feels like we've been here for years..." Kuwabara replied.

The ships horn sounded and everyone saw that it was close to docking. "Oh, our ship's arrived. Isn't that happy?" Kuwabara continued.

"Back to skipping detention..." Yusuke said.

"Video games..." Kuwabara said.

"My human mother..." Kurama replied.

"Various crimes..." Hiei added.

"A new life..." Kei added happily.

"Alright! Let's go home!" Yusuke yelled and raised his arms.

Everyone cheered in agreement and celebrated for a few minutes. Then suddenly, a familiar voice said "Well 'excuse' me if I'm a little insulted..."

The cheers stopped and Yusuke turned slowly muttered "Wait a sec..."

There she was, Genkai. "You just going to leave that old fossil behind?" she asked.

Everyone ran forward to greet her, everyone except Yusuke and Kei. Genkai noticed this and said "Must have rubbed off on me, dimwit, I died like you... half-hearted."

Yusuke swallowed and yelled "Genkai! Come here, you beautiful hag!"

He ran towards her happily and left Kei in the dust. She couldn't go over there and greet her old master. It was Genkai that told her never to say goodbye and she broke that oath, showing her true weakness and yet true strength, her emotions. "It takes someone of true power to love with all their heart. But it takes someone who is weak to say goodbye for they don't realize that they shall see their love again in another form..." were Genkai's wisest words she gave to Kei and those words are etched into her very heart.

Genkai remembered her only female student very well. Just like the dimwit that she trained now, but more matured. "Hello, Kei. I haven't seen you in about 20 years... Turn around so I can see your face..." Genkai demanded.

Kei turned around and looked into Genkai's eyes. There was content in her eyes, happiness, and relief. Genkai laughed lightly and said "You're still the same, Kei. You haven't changed a bit."

Kei smiled and bowed. They continued toward the boat and boarded. Kei stood in front of Kurama, his arms around her waist, Saky on her shoulder, while the other stood at their sides. She was finally going to her new home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kei was called to the Reikai before she went home with Kurama. Koenma wanted the details on Sakyo's and Toguro's plans. Genkai was there as well. She and Kei, Saky on her shoulder once again, sat in chairs in front of Koenma's desk, the prince gazing at them intently. Koenma turned to Kei and asked "Since you knew Sakyo so well, do you mind telling me about him?"

Kei shook her head and replied "Not at all, Koenma. I would be glad to, with the help of Saky here of course," she said as the small griffin nipped her ear lightly, "Sakyo was always kind and gentle towards me but wished death to everything else. He was twisted and I always thought it my mission to change him for the better. Soon, I fell in love with him and he was head over heels for me at the highest level. His love for me would never cease, he was obsessed, and he told me himself. Then he got the idea of making a portal to the human world to flood the Ningenkai with horrible demons of all sorts. His twisted goals were too much for me... I had to flee. He followed me, of course, to have his one and only love come back to him once again. I loved him, I truly did, but I was afraid. My heart told me to stay with him but something else inside told me to flee and that he would be alright. I trusted that feeling in my gut and continued to run. Every other month he would find me. He stopped just a month before I met Youko Kurama. I figured that he needed time off of following me to develop his 'master plan' to take over the Ningenkai. That gave me time to forget about him and fall deeply in love with Youko, even deeper than my love for Sakyo. When the Dark Tournament began and I saw Sakyo for the first time in 16 years, I knew how everything would end. I knew Sakyo all too well to not notice his plan. And knowing Genkai from 20 years ago, she definitely knew Toguro and how his mind works. Anyway, Sakyo was an egomaniac. He won't let anything that he's worked so hard on go to waste. That's why he exploded the stadium and his lab. That's all I have to say and all I have about my life with Sakyo."

Koenma nodded and said "You may go now," he turned to Genkai, "So tell me about Toguro before he comes for his sentence."

Kei stood up and left the room. She turned and bumped into someone a head taller than her. Kei looked up and saw the smiling face of Sakyo. His smile grew wider and he said "Hello, Kei..." in the same soft voice she knew so well and fell in love with.

Kei smiled weakly and replied "Hello, Sakyo. I see you're here for your sentence. Well, I put in a good word for you so it shouldn't be that bad..." her eyes were covered by her bangs, "I hope you have a wonderful afterlife..."

He took her chin gently and kissed her cheek. He gazed deeply into her eyes and said "I will. I'll see you soon, kay?"

Kei nodded, even though she didn't know what he meant, and left the building with Saky. She met Kurama outside and waiting to take her home. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and led her through a portal to the Ningenkai. She and Kurama walked on until they reached a wonderful little house with a beautiful garden in front. Kurama hugged her and whispered in her ear "Welcome home, koi, aishiteru..."

~*~*~*THE END~*~*~*