Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Apart ❯ Raizen's Accomplice ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Torn Apart by: Sakura

A/N This fic is giving me the worst case of writer's block that I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Blah to you all.

~*~*~*~*~

"I don't understand why Hiei never informed one of us about his situation with Raizen until now. If it was something as serious as this..." Kurama said, leaning on the demi-god's huge desk. "I mean..."

Every time it seemed as though the fox wanted to say something further, his mind would go blank and his words would die. Koenma blinked, clearly aware of the situation at hand.

"I would have thought that, you Kurama, would understand the seriousness of Hiei's actions. If he were to go tell the whole of you about Raizen's threats.... He knew he was in a bind."

"It just doesn't make sense. Hiei's neglected orders before-some more serious than now- so I don't see why he must heed Raizen's."

Seeing as Kurama wasn't going to drop this subject, Koenma thought it the time to let the fox in on a secret. The demi-god sighed and pulled out a manila folder from a drawer in his overly large desk.

"I got this yesterday; it's related to Raizen's case," Koenma stated, waving the manila folder in front of him monotonously.

Shaking his head, Kurama reached for the folder; the tag at the top read Akitama, Kuyo. Inside, was an exceedingly long report about the said demon. Paper clipped to one side of the folder was a small picture of the fire youkai; he had a large amount of flames surrounding him, making him look silhouetted.

"I don't get it. What's this got to do with-?"

"-read over the file," Koenma instructed before the kitsune could start asking further questions.

Kurama put his eyes back to the folder in his hands. He began reading the first few lines.

Akitama, Kuyo Hair: Black

Age: Unknown (+1,400) Eyes: Brown

Height: 6'2" Weight: Unknown

Type: Fire Blood Type: AB

`More commonly known as Kuro-sama, this demon is just about as ruthless as they come.... He's quick and conniving.... Loves picking on small demons and children.'

Kurama sighed. This was a joke. Koenma's onis were going to have to learn that when filing a report, you weren't supposed to be writing a personality profile. He rolled his eyes as the demi-god looked at him sternly.

`...Has currently formed an alliance with Raizen (see Raizen, # 4,681).... Also thought to have killed Yomi... (Kurama skimmed 3 pages deeper, reading over the final sentence in the report). Is reported to have one son, now living in the Ningenkai; other whereabouts are unknown at this time.'

Koenma took the manila folder from the now trembling Kurama.

"I see," the youko faltered, straightening his back and running a hand through his hair, uneasily.

"It would please me if you didn't tell the others about this. They've got too much on their minds right now, especially Hiei. I knew you could handle it, though. Promise me, Kurama."

"S-sure," he smiled, uncertainly.

~*~*~*~*~

Upon returning to his apartment, Kurama found his little house in ruins. The bed sheets, which Hiei had been sleeping on the night before, were dangling from the ceiling fan. Pots and pans were still on the stove, the stove was still on, dishes were piled about a foot high in the sink, and the refrigerator had something sticky on its handle. The living room had papers thrown everywhere and a piece of paper was taped to the TV screen.

"Hiei left. Went to find him at Genkai's. Sincerely, Yusuke and Kuwabara," Kurama read, pulling the note off the TV. Looking closer at the note, the fox noticed two horribly drawn pictures of the said friends beating up on each other.

Shaking his head in amusement, Kurama began his cleaning.

Kurama felt exhausted after climbing the many stairs towards the temple that was Genkai's. It was already two hours since he had arrived back at his apartment and received the note from his friends. He still had yet to be notified about Hiei's whereabouts.

Heavy footfalls startled the fox, causing him to turn around. Yusuke and Kuwabara were running up the stairs, neither of them looked pleased to see him. A long, white piece of cloth was wedged between Yusuke's clenched fist.

Hiei's bandana.

"Where is he?" Kurama asked eagerly.

Yusuke was bent over, his hands on his knees, trying desperately to catch his breath. So, Kuwabara spoke for him.

"When we got here, he was fighting with Raizen." Kuwabara pointed to the side of his head, indicating what exactly had happened. "Then, his eyes turned red; we think he was being controlled, because then he left to the city, without saying a word," he paused before continuing. "By the time we got there, he had already killed a small group of people...."

~*~*~*~*~

The police were already on the scene by the time the detectives plus Botan and a teenage Koenma arrived. The bodies of the people their friend had killed were already in bags and getting ready to leave for examination. Their blood was still pasted on the sidewalk. The fire department was there as well; their hose was spraying the ground about ten feet from two totaled sedans.

As the bodies were getting ready to leave, Koenma leaned over and whispered something to his assistant. Botan nodded vigorously, and then ran into an alleyway. Seconds later, she could be seen by the detectives, flying off on her oar.

"How are you going to deal with Hiei's case?" Kurama asked, curiously. His question caught the attention of his two friends, because they quickly turned to Koenma, who answered,

"I'll have to take it into serious consideration. Hiei is forbidden to take human life! ...But seeing as he was supposedly being controlled-"

"-What do you mean `supposedly'? Urameshi and I told you what happened!"

"Kuwabara, if I went around believing what everyone told me, well then I'd probably be the stupidest person on this planet or Spirit World. Just because you thought Hiei was being controlled, doesn't necessarily mean that he was. I'll just have to consider everything else that Hiei's done in the past."

Yusuke gulped. If Koenma was going to base this whole thing on how Hiei used to be, then he was screwed. He had once killed in his past life, but the youkai just wasn't that kind of person anymore!

The ningen took a step forward. Without even knowing what he was doing, Yusuke had slipped under the yellow strip of tape that separated him from the accident that Hiei had caused.

"What happened here?" Yusuke asked, trying to sound as if he didn't already know himself.

The officer in front just looked at him, then resumed his work.

~*~*~*~*~

"Hiei," Raizen purred. "Welcome back; how're you feeling?"

Hiei sat up, groaning. The truth was, his body ached and his head felt as though someone had dropped a cement block on it.

"I'm fine," he answered, avoiding his aches. The youkai looked down at his right arm as he felt a slight burning. "Where're my wards?"

"You don't remember? You used the Kokuryuha on a lot of innocent ningens this afternoon," Raizen smirked, looking very pleased with himself. "And since you're looking better, I've brought someone for you to meet."

Hiei stared at the ground, but not really looking at anything (what?). He tried desperately to remember what he had done, but his mind came up blank. Maybe Raizen was lying to him; he was known for doing so in the past.

"Come out, my friend."

Hiei followed Raizen's gaze into the shadows. Out stepped a tall ebony-haired youkai. He was roughly about six feet, and had the most intriguing mahogany, almond-shaped eyes. Raizen held out his arms in front, as if the youkai was some display-cased item. He was smirking all the while.

"Hiei, this is Kuro-sama; he's your...father."

~*~*~*~*~

A/N Bwa. There, this chapter was about half a page longer than the last. Very good, very good. Anyway, throughout the rest of this story I'm going to be calling Hiei's "daddy-yo" a number of different things: Kuro-sama, Kuyo, Akitama, or whatever else I've been calling him.