Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Apart ❯ Tears ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Torn Apart by: Sakura

A/N I've been inspired...by my own fic! Wait, is that possible? Oh. Well, let's see how this goes.

*holds up right hand* I solemnly swear to refrain from any Hiei-torture throughout the rest of this chapter. ¬_¬

~*~*~*~*~

(Kuwabara's POV)

I watched closely as the fire youkai began to stir; then he slowly opened his eyes. He took in his surroundings and then stared at me blankly. After a few moments staring, I said,

"Hey, shrimp. Hello, Hiei! Are you okay?"

Hiei shook his head, bringing himself out of his daze, then looked at his boots. "When's the bus coming?"

"Huh? Oh..." That's when I remembered that the reason we were waiting at a bus stop, was to catch the bus to Kurama's apartment. "It already came," I said a bit timidly. I knew what was coming next, so I prepared myself for the worst.

Hiei's eyes widened. "WHAT? Why didn't you say anything?"

"Uh, well... you said you wanted to keep a low profile. I figured that if I woke you up, you might go all green on me and use your Jagan." I paused and smirked. "Besides, you looked so cute while you were sleeping." I knew Hiei wouldn't like my teasing, but what was I gonna do? He was pissed as it was already.

"Idiot! Now we're never going to make it to Kurama's- what time is it?"

I looked at the watch I had gotten for my last birthday. It had a special picture of me and Eikichi. It read "7:44PM." For a second, I thought I felt Hiei's ki rise to an almost unbelievable level, but then as quick as it came, it was gone. Suddenly, it flared back up.

It's not like it was my fault. Jeez, Hiei was the one who had fallen asleep... but I guess I couldn't blame him. Whatever had been happening over the last few days was really taking everything out of him. And I mean everything; including his lunch (not necessary, Kuwabara -.-).

"Umm...can I tell Yusuke? I mean, about how Raizen's been threatening your life?"

Hiei looked at me with those devilishly cold eyes of his, the Jagan glowing red underneath his bandana. Was it a sin to be curious? Because the way he looked at me, it sure felt like it was.

"No! You can't do that!" he sounded panicked. "I have to help Raizen further his plans to kill you all, and if you tell Yusuke, it will just ruin everything-"

Hiei stared at me wide-eyed; I stared back. What had he just said: he was planning on killing us? Before I could question the answer in question, I figured I had better call Yusuke and Kurama and let them know about what had just come out of Hiei's mouth.

I grabbed some loose change from my uniform pocket and started for the closest payphone. Hiei had vanished before I reached for the receiver.

~*~*~*~*~

"Good work, Hiei... now they know exactly what I'm up too!" Raizen shouted at his servant, who remained forcefully kneeling at his feet.

"Yusuke may not be bright, but surely by now he's already suspected your plan, Raizen. He's no fool... Remember, you were the one controlling me at the park." Hiei chuckled, forgetting his place.

Raizen squeezed the youkai's throat, cutting off his air's passageway; he was doing it with his telekinesis, for he seemed to be favoring them lately. Hiei hung limply in his captor's grasp. He knew Raizen needed him and that not too much harm would come of him. He began to cough once he was released, trying to regain his breath.

The fire demon hoped that, for once more, Kuwabara would neglect to listen to what he [Raizen] had said, and tell the others about his situation.

~*~*~*~*~

"That's what he told you, is it?" Kurama turned to face the window of his apartment. "...Raizen's plotting to kill him, and then us."

"But the question is: is Hiei doing this voluntarily? We, probably better than Hiei thinks, know that he's overall, a pretty decent guy... He wouldn't do anything like this, would he?" Yusuke asked, curiously awaiting the other's answers.

"You're forgetting that he's also sworn revenge against you, Yusuke; the time you fought him for possession of the Shadow Sword. He might be taking this opportunity to get that revenge now."

"Or on the squid mission," Kuwabara commented. "You two haven't been getting along since then. What you did back there was pretty low, Urameshi. I know, for sure, that I'd want my revenge on you as soon as I could get it."

Kurama's bedroom door creaked as it opened slowly, and a voice spoke:

"But revenge, as you know it, is a dish better served cold...rather than hot." [1]

"Hiei, how did you get in here?"

"Shouldn't you know? You're still leaving your window unlocked; still expecting my nightly visits. I closed it for you though. Wouldn't want any intruders breaking in, now would we?"

The youkai's voice was ice cold and full of ruthlessness. He was acting quite cocky, as well.

"Feeling a bit tense with a traitor in your wake? Come now, kill me. I can feel your hatred towards Raizen...towards me," Hiei continued, his voice wavering some. It now seemed as if he were beginning to lose confidence in himself.

His voice then lowered itself to an almost inaudible level. "Raizen's been using me... don't you care? He's made me betray you all...made me lose your trust. Kill me now, end my suffering... It's what I want."

Hiei fell on his hands and knees, looking as if he were under another one of Raizen's spells. His body was shaking violently. Something then fell on the ground, making the sound of a marble hitting wood floors. The sound came again, and then twice more.

"If you do me that, then you'll be doing yourself a favor as well. Raizen...he, he wouldn't have anyone else to control; meaning that you needn't worry about him spying on you anymore. And I'll be out of the way too."

Hiei looked up to reveal a most unconceivable image. His eyes were straining to hold in tears. They sat there, in the corners of his eyes, just waiting for any given moment to fall. Ashamed of his appearance, the youkai turned away, swiftly; during this quick movement, a single tear drop flew from Hiei's blinded eye, solidifying into the form of a hiraseki stone.

That's when Kurama saw the others on his apartment floor. He knelt down, scooping up five ebony tears gems, placing them in his coat pocket, and then retreating to his spot by the window.

"We're not going to kill you," he said, fingering the pearls in his pocket. "If you didn't want Raizen toying around in your head... then you should have asked me for another ward; like the one I used on you the night before."

~*~*~*~*~

A/N Wow. Haha, if it weren't for Immortal Sadness, then you guys would be waiting another five months for me to update this fic. It was short, but it was an update. I'll try to make it longer next time to make up for it.

[1]- what this means, is that revenge is better when you get it later...not right away. Take your revenge long after you plot it. The said quote is a cliché. Never do what I did, and use them in your writing (at least, that's what my journalism teacher tells me).