Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tossed and Found: REVERSED! ❯ Chapter 2: And It Opens ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Tossed and Found: Reversed


Rating: PG
Pairing: None
Summary: In a world where Hiei wins a game of Go-Fish and somehow manages to lose at the same time. Let's follow him as he attempts to raise a baby Kurama.
Disclaimer: Not Mine




Chapter 2: And It Opens.


"OPEN DAMMIT!" Hiei screamed in frustration, on the third day of staring intensely at the cocooned...thing. He thought for a moment about ripping out more of his suddenly spiky black hair but decided that he didn't want to be bald and settled for setting passing demons on fire.

"Damn rubberneckers. Why can't they stay out of my tree?"

A "Whump" answered him. Hiei turned; ready to block another escape attempt of the cocoon. His anger turned to amazement for whatever dwelt inside the cocoon was emerging. And not very neatly either.

A flying leaf smacked Hiei in the face, leaving a red welt when he pulled the embedded foliage from his flesh.

"My tree?" A small, silver and confused looking thing emerged from the now mutilated cocoon that previously housed it.

Hiei gasped in amazement, picking it up in renewed confusion masked with curiosity. "A Youko?! Do those even come out of cocoons?! AIGH! It bit me!"

Indeed it had. A small bite mark appeared on his arm, the handiwork of a confused and vicious humanized baby Youko.

While Hiei was examining the welt, he lost track of the silver Youko, until something began pulling at what was left of his hair. He felt the thing settle down in a ball, as though content with its new nest.

"Get it out!" Hiei screamed, now doing a frantic dance on the suddenly much narrower tree branch. He fell a moment later with a thud, dislodging the Youko. The Youko soon began to cry, having been thrown from its nest.

And it cried very loudly.

"Shh!" Hiei screamed, doing his best to calm the screaming beast. "Shush, you'll bring the entire town out after us! The demons that run the Go-Fish hall are angry because I cheat to win."

The Youko continued to wail. "MY TREE!" It blubbered.

Hiei sighed and picked up the thing, holding it at arms-length. The Youko twitched for a moment before finally realizing it wasn't going to go anywhere while trapped in Hiei's vice like grip.

But most importantly, it finally shut up. Hiei also finally got his first good look at the Youko. He had noted earlier that it was silver, and other than its golden eyes, fox-like ears and small fuzzy tail, was relatively normal looking. That was, until the Youko decided to switch forms -- probably in another ill-conceived plot to get away.

Well, perhaps it was a good idea because Hiei dropped the thing in shock. And he immediately regretted his decision as the fox flew into his hair for cover.

"My tree," came the content purr.


==================================


Kurama: my refuge is Hiei's hair?

Hiei: *is considering being bald*

Kurama: *gets out electric razor*






AN> REVIEW!