Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tossed and Found: REVERSED! ❯ Chapter 4: The Secret Of The Badgers ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Tossed and Found: Reversed


Rating: PG
Pairing: None
Summary: In a world where Hiei wins a game of Go-Fish and somehow manages to lose at the same time. Let's follow him as he attempts to raise a baby Kurama.
Disclaimer: Not Mine




Chapter 4: The Secret of the Badgers


Hiei grit his teeth in agitation before attempting to look into his own hair. "Would you just shut up?!" He screamed at the singing Kitsune.

"BADGER!" Kurama continued to sing, swaying his tail as though dancing.

Hiei grumbled, tendrils of steam wisping out his ears. "THERE AREN'T ANY BADGERS HERE!"

Kurama, shocked into silence.....burped. And then promptly giggled, pulling on Hiei's hair, before the fire demons words finally sunk in. "WAHHHHHHHHHH!"

After the pain had passed, Hiei explained to the kit: "Besides, if there were any badgers around, they'd end up dinner. Like a certain little Kitsune if he doesn't find me food!"

Kurama eeped and promptly dashed away, returning about five seconds later with two dead rabbits and a colony of quail. "FOOD!" The Youko beamed, diving back into Hiei's hair with the food.

Just after Hiei and Kurama finished their wonderfully meaty meals, and Kurama had settled down for his after lunch nap, a demon with decently powerful ki approached them.

Hiei approached the Youkai warily, not wishing to wake the tiny Kitsune, who had just fallen asleep. "I don't want to fight you right now."

The other demon laughed. "What is that thing in your hair? It looks like a raccoon!" Hiei glowered.

"It's a Kitsune." With that he twitched his head forward, send the suddenly airborne kit into the opposing demon's face. "Kurama!" He called to the Youko now frantically clawing at the demon. "He killed the badger! Get him!"

Kurama screamed in distress and promptly began ripping out larger strips of demon facial flesh.

Hiei turned away from the grisly scene, confident that the little twerp could handle it. At last said little twerp came bounding back on all fours, carrying something that looked somewhat like an ear in his teeth.

"Dinner!" Kurama purred happily, changing back to his humanoid form and beginning to nibble.

Hiei started in alarm, snatching the appendage away from the kit. "No Kurama! This is icky!" He said sternly, chucking the ear as far away as possible.

Kurama sweatdropped and move to chase after the ear, but was stopped by the firm hold Hiei had on his tail. "FOOD!" Kurama screamed in agony, watching as the ear disappeared in a puff of Hiei inspired smoke.

"Never..." Hiei chided. "Never eat something that comes from another demon." Kurama sniffled, but decided not to protest

Two days and four demon carcasses later, Hiei was getting tired of repeating himself. He tossed another flaming corpse onto the pile, holding Kurama back at the same time so that the Youko wouldn't try to eat any stray ears, fingers or ankles. "Hn. I'm not Davy Crockett, you know."


===


Hiei flopped down, too tired to move after a hard days walking and killing random demons. "Kurama? Can you get food?"

The tiny kitsune nodded, just as exhausted as Hiei before flopping down on the rotten foliage covering Hiei's hair as though ready to fall asleep.

"I meant NOW Kurama!"

Kurama eeped and stumbled off into the woods. Hiei set a nearby pile of brush on fire with a flick of his hand and settled down to wait for the kitsune's return.

Kurama sniffed the air, alert for any tell-tale smells that would alert him to the possibility of that night's dinner. There was nothing. Kurama huffed unhappily, unwittingly sending a tendril of spirit energy into a nearby tree, causing it to die. Several stunned squirrels toppled out, too shocked by the sudden demise of their home to realize the danger the tiny kit posed to their livelihood.

Crunch!


Then it was too late. "Dinner!" Kurama chirped relatively happily, and headed back towards camp.

"Squirrel again?" Hiei complained after receiving his meal and gnawing on a particularly stubborn chunk of flesh. He soon realized that it was just fur. He tossed it aside, where it exploded into a burst of annoyed flame. As annoyed as flame could get, anyway.

"WAI!" Kurama cried, now chasing after the small sparks that had resulted in the flaming fur. "BADGER!"

Hiei sighed. "This kid needs a wider vocabulary." He wearily plodded after the tiny kit, wondering why exactly he had to get stuck with the weird one. "Stupid Go-Fish." He muttered, before vowing to never play card games again.

Kurama trilled happily and returned to Hiei's hair for his after dinner nap. Hiei continued plodding along; killing demons he came across just for larks. It had been indeed, a tiring day.


***

Kurama: BADGER! *glomps*

Hiei: again... why am I stuck with the weird one?

Kurama: *trills happily*






AN> REVIEW!