Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tossed and Found: REVERSED! ❯ Chapter 5: Super Hero Kurama! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Tossed and Found: Reversed


Rating: PG
Pairing: None
Summary: In a world where Hiei wins a game of Go-Fish and somehow manages to lose at the same time. Let's follow him as he attempts to raise a baby Kurama.
Disclaimer: Not Mine




Chapter 5: Super Hero Kurama


It wasn't any secret that Hiei wasn't exactly the domestic type of demon. To tell the truth, it was a surprise in itself if the hi-Youkai actually stayed in one general area for longer than one night before moving on. However, with the sudden and unexpected arrival of Kurama, moving from town to town had turned into a chore.

So, to blame the Kitsune for Hiei's easy to locate self, is probably something that is justifiable.

As can be heard from the continued shrieking of words such as "Badger!" and "Tree!".

"Badger!" Kurama shrieked, chasing after the woodland creature happily. Hiei shook his head at the disappearing Youko's back.

"What is it with this kid and badgers?" He wondered aloud. The tiny kit's frightened screams pierced Hiei's pondering.

"BADGER BIT K'RRRRRAMA!" Came the indignant proclamation, followed by something that could have only been the agonized squealing of dying badger. "Dinner!" soon followed the Kitsune's triumphant cry.

Hiei smiled to himself. "I knew there was something I liked about that twerp."

Dinner that night was odd, to say the least. Kurama, though his love for Badgers was obvious, brought back no less than five of the little creatures, and ate most of them. Hiei was lucky to eat that night.

Later that night while Kurama slept peacefully in Hiei's hair, Hiei -- unable to sleep because of the lingering taste of badger flesh -- brought out a long, disused needle and three of the discarded badger furs. The entire night was spent piecing together pieces of fur clinging desperately to flesh into the form of a blanket. So by the time the sun rose, not only was Hiei delirious from blood-loss, he had developed a strange tolerance to the smell of decaying badger flesh.

And he had a blanket.

...Sort of.

Moments after Hiei began airing out the "blanket" also known as badly-pieced-together-scraps-of-badger-flesh, Kurama woke with a cry of: "Kenya!" Before suddenly diving headlong into the surrounding forest with another cry of: "Badger!"

This was quite an accomplishment seeing how Hiei had burned the surrounding forest to cinders after a particularly spectacular battle with his needle -- the needle won.

A little bit later, Kurama came trotting back both soaking wet and singing about Kenya. He also had about eight large fish hanging out of his mouth. How he was singing with a mouthful of fish, was anybody's guess.

The tiny Kitsune shook out the amazing amount of water lodged in his fur, thoroughly soaking Hiei in the process.

"Breakfast!" Kurama trilled, depositing the fish in Hiei's lap and curling up with the one he wanted, that being the largest of the batch. He began munching contentedly. Hiei blinked before boosting his ki and drying himself instantly. The fish, having been cooked in the resulting heat, were devoured moments later.

Sometime after breakfast, Hiei pulled out the freshly aired "blanket" he had "made" and tossed it in the general direction of his meal ticket.

The fox demon pounced on it a few times, not quite sure what to do with a patch of fur. "Badger?" Kurama asked, finally settling for poking it with a stick. Golden eyes suddenly lit up with excitement.

With enthusiasm unknown to any demon or badger alive, Kurama darted forwards and somehow managed to turn the blanket into a super hero's cape. In a well timed gust of wind, the Kitsune stood with his hands on his tiny hips, both his hair and the new cape blowing behind him while cheesy Superman music played in the background.

"Tree!" Kurama proclaimed, pointing at Hiei. "Badger Boy and Tree fight crime!" And he trotted away, leaving Hiei to follow in bemused silence.


===


Hiei glared heatedly at the tiny Kitsune gazing at him imploringly. "I'm not going to say it!"

Kurama growled, moving close enough to pose as a real threat to Hiei's ankles. When the fire demon said nothing, the fox pounced and began gnawing determinedly.

"AUGH! FINE!" Hiei waited until Kurama removed himself from his ankle before turning to the demon he and Kurama had been "beating up". He took a deep breath, getting himself ready for complete and utter humiliation. "The mighty Badger Boy and his sidekick Tree have defeated you. You have been badger-fied."

As expected, there was first a stunned silence before the Youkai burst into laughter.

And then the demon burst into flames.

And died.

Kurama cheered, twirling around so that his cape flared around him in yet another well timed gust of wind. He began singing the Badger Boy theme song, which pretty much repeated the words: "Badger Boy" and: "Tree" in various pitches at random times.


===


Later that night and eight "enemies" later, Kurama retired his cape and position as "Badger Boy" for refuge of unconsciousness in Hiei's hair. Unfortunately for Hiei... Kurama was starting to have a little trouble controlling his bladder.

As seen by the strange smelling yellow liquid that dripped into Hiei's eyes while the Kitsune slept. Confused at first, though his eyes were burning from whatever chemicals the Kurama's urine contained, it took quite a while for the occurrence to make sense.

...Two hours later...

"AUGHHH!!!!!!!! KURAMA!"

And thus began the strange period of time in which Hiei had to wash his hair about eight times a day. For some reason, it didn't occur to the fire demon to just forbid the Kitsune to sleep in his hair. No... that would come a few hundred years later.


***


Hiei: *frantically washing hair*

Kurama: Alright! I'm a superhero!

Hiei: *scowling* *continues washing hair*





AN> REVIEW!