Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tossed and Found: REVERSED! ❯ Chapter 6: Where Do Babies Come From? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Tossed and Found: Reversed


Rating: PG
Pairing: None
Summary: In a world where Hiei wins a game of Go-Fish and somehow manages to lose at the same time. Let's follow him as he attempts to raise a baby Kurama.
Disclaimer: Not Mine




Chapter 6: Where do Babies Come From?


It had taken a few years, but Hiei finally realized that while a Kurama with a limited vocabulary was incredibly annoying -- it beat the alternative. For, in the three years that followed the "Badger Boy" incident, the small Kitsune's mind grew to contain so many words that Hiei was often times frightened.

Of course, about half of the words that came out of Kurama's mouth were made up. Like: "badgerific." Hiei was quite sure that there was no such word, but the Kitsune was so ignorant that he didn't quite understand the concept of the spoken language.

"And then I said: 'You stupid badger!' But he was all: 'I hate you!' And then I killed him, and that's what you're eating now." Kurama ended his story cheerfully, watching as Hiei choked on his current feast of mole.

The fact that moles couldn't talk didn't seem to stop the fox-child from telling a story that included such a creature. However, it did kill Hiei's appetite.

"You mean it talked?" He asked, playing along although he did send a curious look at the meat still in his hands.

Now it was Kurama's turn to look puzzled. "You mean you don't hear animals?"

The campsite dubbed: "The Badger Cave" rang with silence.

Neither the Kitsune nor the Hiyoukai seemed willing to break the silence. Fortunately something flaming took that opportune moment to run into "The Badger Cave" screaming. Moments later, after Kurama dowsed the flaming thing with a pail of semi-clean water, the creature was revealed to be... a Kitsune.

"KUUUUUUUURAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAA!"

Kurama eeped quietly and scurried into Hiei's hair.

The newcomer Kitsune blinked in confusion, looking around wildly for the suddenly missing kit. Hiei was confused also, unfortunately for their new friend; this resulted in the sword-drawing reflex.

"Ulk."

This seemed to be the only thing that their new friend could say, as Hiei's sword was currently pressing against her throat.

"How do you know... this twerp?" questioned Hiei, reaching back and extracting the younger Kitsune from his scalp.

She…whoever she was didn't answer. However, her eyes did open in surprise at the sudden reintroduction of the Kitsune that had just vanished. She mouthed the words: "Where did he come from?"

But no actual words emerged from her mouth because of the position of Hiei's sword.

"Hn." Hiei apologized, withdrawing said katana. "We aren't used to many visitors here at The Badger Cave." He winced at the moronic use of Kurama's name for their current hovel.

"I," the Kitsune said loudly, watching with amazement as Kurama once again disappeared. "Sakura, have come to reclaim Kurama into the clan of Youko's. That and we're hungry -- give us food or else."

Hiei blinked. "You mean; you're actually willing to take him back!" He looked so excited.

Sakura blinked. "You mean; you want to get rid of him?" She looked confused.

Again.

"Tree," Kurama's voice rang out from his hiding place. "Where do babies come from?"

The Badger Cave was silent.

"I see your point." Sakura finally said. "Now, give us food. OR ELSE!" She attempted to let out a wicked cackle, but it got caught in her throat and she nearly coughed up one of her more vital organs instead.

Sakura, having lost her previous title as friend for something more along the lines of annoyance concentrated, looking quite like she was trying to pass gas, before a few roots emerged from the earthy floor.

Hiei dodged easily, using his katana to flick off one of the Kitsune's fingers.

There was a pause.

"OWWWW! THAT HURT YOU FRICKEN A-HOLE!"

Kurama clapped and giggled. "She said a naughty word!" The kit sing-songed loudly, causing Sakura to look around again to see where he was hiding. "You teach her Tree!"

Hiei sighed. "Get out before the rest of your fingers go as well."

Sakura glared but otherwise left The Badger Cave to return to her clan.

===

Hiei was frightened.

This was something that only could be caused by three things. One: Kurama when the kit had a strangely insane look of creativity in his eyes. Two: Kurama, when he had been strangely quiet for a long period of time. Three: Badgers.

The current reason for Hiei's fear was reason two. The Kitsune in question had been quiet for far too long. Finally, the small silver puff of child turned towards its keeper with a curious expression.

"Wahh!" Hiei very nearly screamed.

"Where do babies come from, Tree?" Kurama finally asked.

The Hiyoukai sweatdropped and began stuttering out random syllables. "Well..." he finally said, regaining his vocal chords. "Babies are brought to parents... by storks."

"Storks?" Kurama asked, tilting his head cutely to one side.

"Erm..." Hiei looked very uncomfortable. "Hey! Is that a Badger?!"

"BADGER!!!!"

Hiei chuckled evilly to himself. "Works every time."

He wiped the sweatdrops from his brow and began walking in the general direction of a town. Kurama, finding no badger in the surrounding area sighed and began to follow.



===



Kurama: *tilts head to one side* Where do babies come from?

Hiei: *shudders* you don't want to know.

Kurama: Hey look! A badger!





AN> REVIEW!