Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tossed and Found: REVERSED! ❯ Chapter 7: There's Something About Yukina ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Tossed and Found: Reversed


Rating: PG
Pairing: None
Summary: In a world where Hiei wins a game of Go-Fish and somehow manages to lose at the same time. Let's follow him as he attempts to raise a baby Kurama.
Disclaimer: Not Mine




Chapter 7: There's something about Yukina...


"Doot, doot, dee-doot!" Kurama sang happily, dancing along and scatting better than most jazz artists.

Hiei dragged along behind the frisky kit, depressed. Today was Yukina's birthday. It was his too, but somehow that didn't seem to matter quite as much.

"Yukina..." He sighed. Kurama, oblivious to Hiei's sorrow, continued dancing, attempting to get Hiei to join in by gnawing good-naturedly at his ankles. Hiei could put up with this for all of two seconds.

"WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP?" He bellowed. The tiny Kitsune stopped in its tracks, ears drooping noticeably. The surrounding foliage drooped and turned black.

Kurama turned away. "Tree..." He whimpered, fat tears spilling down his pudgy cheeks.

Where his tears landed, three fragile perfect flowers sprouted.

Hiei stared in amazement. "What the....hunh?"

He bent down to pick up the kit and stared suspiciously into those sometimes frightening but currently pathetic golden eyes. "Your Youki..."

Kurama's eyes perked, hoping for praise from his -- er -- parent. ...Tree. Whatever.

Hiei paused, thinking of the best way of describing Kurama's spirit energy. "...is weird."

Kurama sighed, his ears drooping. Well, it was better than a flat out insult. However, his very short attention span was shifted when he heard singing.

"Stop! In the name of -- um -- ...something... before I -- uh -- do something kinda bad..." The voice was singing loudly and out of tune.

"Badger!" The kit cried, wiggling free and running into the woods.

Hiei sighed dramatically, giving all who cared to watch a martyred look, as if to say: "See what I'm putting up with?"

He was about to start after his tiny charge when out of the woods came that vaguely familiar voice:

"Awww..... What a sweet little Kitsune you are."

Hiei blinked, trying to figure out who the owner of the voice was, and how he knew her. Was it that demon he attempted to kill a few days ago? Or that now nine-fingered Kitsune that had followed them to the Badger cave?

Or that demon he had killed a few days ago, come back to haunt him?

"Hehehe!" Kurama giggled in the background.

The fire demon began panicking. He couldn't fight against a ghost! He wasn't strong enough! Or smart enough! Even with his Jagan! Kurama! Help!

However, Kurama seemed otherwise occupied. Hiei jumped into a nearby tree to observe what was happening. There was Kurama, in his Kitsune form -- and there were a few rabbits and birds and other forest animals. And there was also...

Hiei nearly fell out of his tree.

"Yukina?!" He whispered, suddenly losing all color in his face.

A sudden stab of jealously went though him at the thought that Kurama could play and have fun with his little sister... while Hiei could not.

It's not fair! He wailed internally, wanting to set something on fire but at the same time not wanting to give away his position. She's my sister! Not his! MINE!!! WAHHHH!! I wanna play with her too!

"Ouch!" Yukina suddenly cried, jerking Hiei out of his internal whining.

He twitched, ready to reveal himself and beat the Kitsune for hurting his precious little sister. Then he actually took the time to look at what had happened.

"Klutz." He muttered to himself, after learning that his sister had tripped over her own feet. Then he smacked himself for daring to think unkindly of the gentle soul that had shared the womb with him.

"Oh..." Yukina said suddenly. "Another snow storm is coming..." The small Koorime got to her feet and began shooing her animal friends away. "You'd better find some place warm. Good bye!"

The bunnies, and birds and other furry animals scampered away -- but the small Kitsune stayed.

"That means you too!" Yukina scolded the kit.

Kurama heaved his little shoulders, not wanting to leave the only person that had ever played with him. His Tree certainly didn't. He switched to his humanized form.

"PLAY!"

Yukina sweatdropped.

The sweatdrops multiplied when the tiny kit turned and began waving at a tree. "TREE!" The child shouted. "COME PLAY WITH US!"

Hiei twitched slightly, once again hiding behind the branches of his chosen tree. He fell a moment later, when said branches twitched and threw him from their safety.

"AHHHH!"

He landed right in front of his sister and that small annoying kit he had won during a game of Go Fish. He once again vowed never to play card games again.

"TREE!" Kurama purred, pouncing and gnawing good naturedly on his ankles.

The Hi-youkai took that moment to run, leaving his sister behind in confused, yet bemused shock.



===


Hiei: [pantpant] why am I tortured like this?

Kurama: because it's fun!!!

Hiei: [scowling]





AN> REVIEW!