Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Traces of Insanity ❯ Killing the Dead ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Traces of Insanity~

A Hiei-loses-his-mind fic~

Chapter 2: Killing the Dead~

~~~

So...the great Urameshi Yusuke finally meets his downfall.

Perfect.

I never cared for him anyways.

I killed him yesterday, you know.

Yes.

It brought great joy to me.

But I saw that ferry-girl and the Jr. God of Death today.

They were giving me knowing looks.

Odd.

You would think they would realize that if they have any clue that I killed Yukina...

...I'll have to kill them as well.

Have you ever realized the joys in writing down your thoughts?

It allows you to preserve them for years to come.

I'm writing this down, in fact.

Kuwabara's blood dries so quickly on this paper.

I'm proud to have thought of using this instead of ink.

My darling sister...

She's allowed to keep whatever blood is in her lifeless body.

Kuwabara, however, is like a large ink bottle.

He also doubles as a paperweight.

So the Idiot is good for something, after all...

You know, I've always wondered if Koenma was capable of dying.

I know Botan's capable of being hurt, at least.

But death...?

Perhaps.

Perhaps not.

Only one way to find out.

Here, ferry-girl...good girl...

Where are you, Rekai Prince...?

Don't you want to come out and play?

~~~

Koenma gave an involuntary shudder. "This is just getting creepy."

Botan nodded in agreement. "I'm beginning to think Hiei did kill Yusuke after all..."

Koenma shook his head. "He wouldn't do that. Besides, we would have had his soul, wouldn't we?" Botan sighed and nodded.

"I suppose...I'm just getting a really bad feeling from all of this..." Koenma shuddered again.

"I think that we should try to find him. But...where?"

Botan shrugged. "Genkai's Temple?" Koenma sighed.

"Hai, I suppose. It's deserted, after all...he might have gone there for some down-time."

****

Oh, look, I have guests.

Lovely.

They can keep Yusuke, Keiko, Shizuru, and Kuwabara company.

Oh, wait...

Genkai's there too, isn't she?

Yes, she is.

It's a shame that she was already dead.

But the Jagan restores dead bodies that have already begun to rot.

So now she's in the living room.

They're all playing poker, isn't that correct?

Slow moving game.

All of the cards will be red and wet by the time they're done.

Oh well.

They can stay in there.

But not Yukina.

Never.

No one can ever see her ever again.

No one but me.

She's mine.

I refuse to let anyone else touch her.

And death to those who do.

More company for my...er...teammates.

Koenma blinked and looked around. "Err...Hiei?" he called out.

"I think we should split up and look for him..." Botan muttered.

Koenma nodded in agreement. "That's a good idea."

Yes, split up.

It makes my prey even more frightened when I find them.

More fun for me.

~~~

Koenma shuddered. "Hiei?" he called out again.

"Hai?" Hiei's voice answered back, but full of insane laughter.

Koenma paled. "Uh...Hiei? Are you ok?"

The laughter started again. "Oh, I'm fine, Koenma. Sama."

Koenma blinked. `Right...' "Have you seen Botan?"

"Seen her? She's right here, Koenma. Sama."

Koenma couldn't believe the mocking tone Hiei was giving his name, adding `Sama' after some thought. "Botan?"

No answer.

Koenma ran over to where Hiei was. The fire demon had a crazed smile on his face, and was holding a badly burned Botan by the back of her pink kimono, which was covered with black and dark red spots.

Hiei smirked and dropped her. "Hello, Koenma. Sama. Took you long enough to get here, don't you agree?"

"What did you do to her?!" Koenma yelled in shock.

"Killed her," Hiei said with the air of someone commenting on the weather, shrugging his shoulders.

Koenma's jaw dropped. "But...w-why?"

Hiei smiled. "I felt like it, and I wanted to see if she could die. Can you die, Koenma?" he asked, now with the air of a mother reading a children's book to a three-year-old.

Koenma took a step back, still staring at the three-eyed boy in shock. He didn't say anything. He found he couldn't; a mini version of the KokoRyuhaa was wrapped tightly around his neck, cutting off his air supply. The Jr. God of Death fell weakly to his knees.

Hiei grinned. "Do you like my dragon, Koenma? Sama?"

Koenma tried to shake his head `no', but felt it being nodded for him. Hiei smiled. "Good. Then you won't mind being burned by it." Koenma opened his mouth in a silent scream as black fire covered his body.

"Don't worry, Koenma. Sama. You won't be alone. No, no. You'll be with Yusuke, Keiko, Shizuru, Genkai, Kuwabara... It'll be fine. Don't you worry!" He then laughed softly as the Rekai Prince fell dead.

Ah, he can die after all.

Good, the time I spent on this experiment wasn't wasted.

I'm happy.

Oh, and Kuwabara, thank you for letting me use your blood.

There's still plenty left.

And now, I must go visit my sister.

~~~

"Hello, imoutochan," Hiei purred, walking into a room of Genkai's Temple. The totally horrified look had disappeared from her face, and she was frozen in a position with her hand sticking out and her hair flying out gracefully. On her finger sat a frozen bird.

Hiei walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around his sister's dead body, burying his face in her neck.

"I don't understand why you loved those creatures so dearly, sister. But I love having you here with me...and looking so happy! You'll be mine forever. I know you can still hear me. I summoned your soul back into your body from the Rekai. But you can't move. I don't want you afraid of me.

"I still don't know why you chose that bumbling idiot over myself, but I don't suppose it matters anymore," he said, kissing his sister's cold cheek. "I'll never let you go. Never."

~~~

~*~ When in doubt, always trust your instincts, even if they're wrong. Kill those who disagree with you, and congratulate those who are smart enough to stay away from you. ~*~