Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Traces of Insanity ❯ Betraying Emotions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Traces of Insanity~

A Hiei-loses-his-mind fic~

Chapter 3: Betraying Emotions~

~~~

My, my.

The living room is certainly filling up, isn't it?

They're still playing poker...

Don't they know most of them are too young to gamble?

Oh well.

No use trying to talk some sense into a dead body.

It's pointless, you know.

And I believe that it's going even more slowly now that Koenma and Botan have joined them.

Must be because it's taking longer to deal the cards...

But that's not too important at the moment, I don't suppose.

No.

It isn't.

After all, their bodies are completely stiff.

It must be a pain to try to deal cards when your arms won't move.

Very frustrating.

Very.

Funny.

Not very entertaining.

But funny all the same.

But...oh dear.

I do believe we are missing some of our guests.

Kurama and Hinageshi.

Hmm...it's not like Kurama to be so late.

They must have mistaken the time on the invitation.

That's it.

I'm just surprised that he's late to his deathbed...

Oh well.

Fox hunting is always entertaining.

~~~

Kurama groaned and held his head. "Now what happened to Koenma and Botan?!"

Hinageshi gripped her boyfriend's arm. "Kurama...I think we should go to Genkai's Temple and make sure they're ok..."

Kurama sighed but shook his head. "Iie. Not until we find out if Koenma and Botan are ok. I'm really worried about Hiei as well..."

Hinageshi sighed and nodded. "In that case...can I at least stay with you? At your house, with your mother? Onegai?"

Kurama nodded. "Hai. I think that would be for the best, Hina-chan."

Hinageshi sighed. "Domo arigatou."

***

So...you won't come to the temple, Kurama?

I suppose I'll have to devise something to urge you, ne?

But what?

I know.

Your feelings have betrayed her, Kurama.

And the one time she wasn't sick...

Tsk tsk tsk.

Oh well.

All's fair in love, war, and insanity, ne?

~~~

Kurama shuddered as he walked into his house. His father and brother weren't there; he could tell that straight away.

"Okaasan?" he called out.

No response...that was strange. She was always at home, and she always seemed to be able to sense his presence.

She always answered.

"Okaasan?" he called again.

Still no answer.

Kurama warily ventured further into his house, gripping Hinageshi's hand tightly. This was not right. He then bolted up the stairs dragging the redheaded priestess behind him, making a sharp turn and going straight into his mother's room.

Correction; his mother's tomb.

Kurama stared in shock at his mother; she was standing perfectly still, staring blankly forward and standing as if she was stepping backwards. Her chest wasn't moving at all, as it would if she was breathing. And she was bloody.

Kurama ran forward and touched her cheek. Cold as ice. In her hand was a note... that looked like it was written in blood.

~~ Hello, Kurama. It's me! Hiei! Before you say anything, yes, this note was written in blood, and yes, it is your mother's. Yes, I did kill her. But you refused to come to Genkai's Temple. I had to do something to persuade you. Think this might do it? Good! Just so you know, you won't find your father or brother. They're...sort of dealing with being burned alive...slowly. Very entertaining! Their screams are music to my ears...I really do need to get back to the temple, though. Don't bother looking for Yusuke, Kuwabara, Koenma, Botan, Shizuru, or Keiko, either. I've killed them as well! If you're really nice, I'll let you see their bodies before I kill you and Hinageshi. And I know Yukina is dead; I killed her. But you can't see her. Sorry.

Hiei ~~

The note fell from Kurama's hand and to the ground. "He really is insane..." he choked out dryly.

***

Kurama ran into Genkai's Temple, Hinageshi at his heels. `He is going to pay for this...' Kurama thought angrily.

Oh look, they came.

Fun.

Hinageshi suddenly let out a scream, even though nothing seemed wrong with her. Kurama turned on his heel. "Hina-chan...?" he asked uncertainly.

The next second, fire started creeping out of her body. She let out another scream before the fire stopped and she fell lifelessly to the ground.

"Heh...fragile Ningen. Pathetic." Kurama turned to glare at Hiei.

"YOU BASTARD!!!" he yelled. Hiei just threw back his head and laughed. "I take it you got my note?" Hiei said calmly.

"Yes," Kurama said through gritted teeth. "Now I hope you don't mind if I kill you," Hiei said sweetly. "A knowing mind is a dangerous thing." Kurama raised his hand to his hair to draw out his rose, but suddenly found he couldn't move.

`What the hell?!' he thought, because he couldn't speak. Hiei's Jagan was glowing blue.

"Paralysis is fun," Hiei said, voice full of laughter. "Of course, you've heard about it, haven't you, Kurama? A true master paralyzes his opponent, leaving him vulnerable to attack."

Kurama shuddered. He was the one who had taught Hiei that saying.

Hiei smiled. "I know. It's rather ironic that I'm using it before you die, isn't it?" Kurama winced inwardly as he felt something sharp and cold plunge into his stomach. As it was removed, blood that matched the fox's hair splashed neatly to the ground.

Hiei smirked, drawing a line with his sword across Kurama's throat. "Goodbye, Shuuichi," he said, mockingly using his human name.

And then...the game ends.

Just like that.

Oh well.

I was right, anyways.

Not even death can take you from me, imoutochan.

~~~

~*~ Considering that no one ever lives to actually see their own death, it makes the entire ordeal rather pointless. It doesn't take the fun out of it for the killer, though. ~*~