Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped between two girls. ❯ Home sweet home...well only to pack. ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The four of them soon faded into a rather large living room but, unfortunately for them, they had faded into the room in mid air and they all fell to the ground. Heather fell on her butt with a slight wince as Kitty, Hiei, and Kurama all landed on their feet.

 

"You really should have excepted that Heather…" Kitty said with a friendly smile and a small sweat drop. `Even I excepted that….'

 

"Well you know…I'm not being all that smart at all today…" She retorted.

 

"Hn, I don't think that a baka onna such as your self is ever smart…" Hiei said with a small smirk as he pulled Heather to her feet a bit roughly yet not as rough as she was excpecting.

 

Kitty sighed lightly, `These people really don't think that we are that useful…like we are useless…Seems like we will have to show them…' Heather looked at Kitty for her sigh then to Kurama and then to the both of them still holding hands.

 

"Aw, how cute…" She said as lightly as she could hoping that no one would hear her, although for her she had no such luck as Kurama looked at her oddly.

 

"What is cute?" He asked her looking rather confused yet at the same time. Hiei let go of her hand and looked at her. Kitty turned her head and also looked at her as though she was seeing things.

 

"Oh, nothing…" She said with a hint of mischief in her eyes.

 

`Yeah, right…I know that look and it never means nothing…' Kitty eyed her rather curiously but then shrugged slightly, "If you say so…" Though her own voice sounded unsure to the words that she spoke.

 

"Mhmm…" Heather said then started to walk for the doorway across the room. "See you all in a few!" She said with a wave.

 

`If she is planning something then I am going to hit her with a plan of my own…' Kitty thought with a small smirk forming on her face. "Hey Heather…. wait a second you can't go alone…you might run away…' Kurama and Hiei both looked at each other and then to Kitty as Heather stopped dead in her tracks.

 

"No, I won't…" Though Heathers answer wasn't the most convincing.

 

"Hiei, then you should go with Heather and I will accompany Kitty. That way we know that they both will be returning." Kurama instructed Hiei as he caught onto Kitty's plan.

 

"Hn." Hiei said and started to walk over to Heather who looked rather dumbfounded at what was going on.

 

"Good, so then we will meet back here when we are done, okie dokie?" Kitty asked but Heather and Hiei left the room side by side. "Well that was a great answer…" Kitty mumbled and started to walk to her own room but was pulled back from a firm hand still holding her's.

 

"Oh, sorry…" Kurama said with a small blush tainting his face and cheeks.

 

"No it's alright…" She answered him looking at his face for a brief moment to notice his slight blush not realizing that she, herself, was blushing a little as well. Both of them released their hands and walked out of the room and down the hall for Kitty's bedroom. They could here a loud scream on the way but when Kurama insisted upon going and investigating, Kitty simply said that it was all right.

 

"There's a protection spell on the house, Heather probably just fell or something."

 

"If you say so…" Kurama mumbled as the both of them entered a room that was lacking color. It was black, red, and gray with random crosses that decorated the walls. The sheets that were on the bed were gray with a black comforter draped over them.

 

"Don't worry, I won't take too long…" Kitty walked over to her closet, opened it and started to rummage through it.

 

"No need to rush, take your time." Kurama replied and calmly walked over sitting on the bed looking around at the room.

 

Kitty stayed silent as she pulled out a black book bag with random band patches scattered all over it held on by safety pins.

 

`Safety pins…the one thing with the word safety in it when they aren't safe most of the time…' She thought to herself and placed it on the floor then rose to her feet and thumbed through the clothes that were hanging on hangers in her closet.

 

"So, I am guessing you really didn't like the room that Botan had arranged for you…" Kurama said laying his eyes on her back as she started to throw a few shirts in her bag.

 

"No you think?" She retorted sarcastically as she closed her closet and picked her back up looking at him with a small smile on her face replacing the blush from before.

 

Kurama chuckled slightly from her sarcasm before he spoke. "You can talk to Koenma about changing the room around to fit your personality when we return."

 

"Don't worry about that…I know that I will talk to him or hunt Botan down, either one works for me." Kitty walked over and opened many drawers from her closet starting to toss them also into her bag.

 

"I'm sure there will be no need to hunt Botan down, you two are just…different from one another…"

 

"That's one sure thing…"

 

"Yes…well is there anything that I can help you with?" Kurama asked. `I might as well try and help her that way if Yusuke and Kuwabara go searching for us they will not think that we had run off…' He sweat dropped at the idea of both Yusuke and Kuwabara going frantic trying to find the four of them.

 

"Um, no not unless you can snatch my toothbrush from the bathroom." Kitty answered.

 

"If it help you then I wouldn't mind."

 

Kitty pointed to the doorway off to her side, "In there right next to the sink, fox boy." She said with a small smirk, `I wonder how he will react to that…'

 

`Fox boy?' He asked himself looking at her as he stood up and started to walk for the door. "Just call me Kurama…" He said and his voice sounded the slightest bit deeper then normal.

 

`Guess he doesn't get annoyed very easily…' She let out a loud sigh and picked up a small bag from the top of her dresser and continued to pack her final things suck as accessories and items for her hair.

 

Kurama soon came back with her toothbrush wrapped neatly in tissues to keep it from getting dirty and walked over setting in lightly on top of her clothes that were just thrown in her bag. "There…"

 

"Thanks and there!" Kitty said with a wide, triumphant grin spread across her face. She zipped up her bag quickly and slung it over her shoulder looking at Kurama. "Okay I'm ready -" she cut herself off and looked over at the nightstand, "Hold that thought…" She mumbled walking over to the table.

 

"What is it?" Kurama asked trying to look over her shoulder from his spot near her dresser.

 

"Oh nothing…" Kitty said and grabbed something from the dressed and slipped it into her pocket. From what Kurama could see it looked to be rather shiny but that was all that he could see from his position. "Alright lets get me back to the hell…" She said and walked over to the door and down the hall with Kurama following next to her.

 

"So, what did you have to get?" He asked looking at her and then to her pocket.

 

"Just something that I keep with me…" She said in a light tone and walked into the living room to see it completely empty.

 

`Guess Heather's not done…' Both her and Kurama walked over and flopped down on the couch rather lazily.

 

"So, you both live here then?" Kurama asked looking around the room as the TV and the tables as well as game system that was hooked up to the TV.

 

"Yeah but I own it!" She replied back rather happily. "Nothing special though."

 

`Doesn't seem like it…' Kurama thought to himself as he settled his eyes on Kitty who was looking down at her feet.

 

`It beat my childhood house…too many bad memories, I don't think that I could have stood the blood scent that so heavily settled in the rugs and walls of that place…and so heavily hung and clung to the air in there…' A small hiss escaped Kitty mouth from the thught of her complete past making Kurama look oddly at her.

 

"Is there something wrong?" He asked and a hint of concern was laced in his voice.

 

"No…just thinking…" She mumbled.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

Kitty simply nodded her head once took her bag off of her back and sunk into the couch just in time for a small, brown fox to tear into the room and run to the side of the couch that Kitty was resting on. Kitty looked at it rather bored and then sighed sitting up.

 

"You have a fox?" Kurama asked eyeing it over.

 

"No, just a hanyou." She answered sitting up as Hiei trudged into the room carrying a black side bag on his shoulder and Kurama looked over at him stifling a small chuckle.

 

"Seems she left you with her bags…"

 

"Baka onna ran off…" he death glared at the little fox that just looked innocently back at him.

 

"She does that when she's bored…" Kitty said and reached down petting the fox lightly on the head. "That's a bored Heather for you…" Heather gave out a small yelp in agreement and ran over jumping onto Hiei's shoulder clinging to him for dear life.

 

"I don't think that you will get away too easily from her…" Kurama said standing up and extended a hand for Kitty to take. She took his hand and soon was gently pulled to her feet so she put her backpack back on her back.

 

"Every one hold hands again…" Kitty looked at Heather who was now resting in her half zipped back on top of a mound of clothes and jewelry. "Or just sit in a back like a dimwit either one.

 

`Watch it…I'm comfy, thank you!' Heather said telepathically.

 

`And were you comfy with Hiei while I wasn't there…?'

 

`Oh shut up…I don't like him or anything, I just didn't feel like carrying my bags that's all!'

 

`Right, what ever you say Heather…' Kitty said with a small smirk as Kurama placed a hand on Hiei shoulder that didn't hold up the bag and Kitty began to chant. As she finished they all faded out of the room and in a few moments were back in spirit world where they had been before.