Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Triple R Ranch ❯ Cows and Ghosts. Oooooh what a combination.lol ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Millie: New story!!! ^_^
Black: *raises eyebrow* Why?
Millie: -__- Because I want to. Plus this one has my favorite place in it. ^_^
Black: And what is this place you speak of?
Millie: Triple R Ranch ^_^ I love this camp.
Black: Camp? I hate camp.
Millie: Well too bad.
Black: *glares*
K/M: Have fun reading!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
“WHAT!??!?!?!” yelled Yusuke. We were all standing in Koenma's office. He had just told us our next mission.
“Yusuke, come on, it's not that bad. I went every year before I joined the team.” I replied.
“Yes Yusuke. Melissa knows all about it.”
“Hn. Little ningens” Hiei shuddered at the thought.
“I am not going to some kiddy camp to watch over stupid little kids.” retorted Yusuke. I gasped.
“HEY!!!! I take offense to that.” He looked over and put his hands up in protest.
“Hehe sorry Melissa I-I meant that in a nice way.”
“Camp. Oh the horrible horrible memories.” Sarah said to herself quietly.
 
Flashback
“AAAAAHHHHHHH GET THEM AWAY FROM ME!!!!” There she was at camp Wannatego, running through the cabin pathways all the way down to the lodge. She yelled and screamed as a huge pack of bees were chasing after her. She had their hive under her arm still and stupidly didn't think to put it down. She was only about eight at the time and wasn't the brightest. She nudged and kicked through the crowd of campers.
“Sarah?” asked her counselor.
“Miss. Tammy!?!?! They're after me!!!!! They're TRYING TO EAT ME!!!!!” She screamed. She kept running and ended up on the road that lead to the archery station. Unfortunately there was a class in session at the time. She curved off the road and into the woods. She made a wrong turn and appeared in the shooting ring. Arrow after arrow went flying at her and the bees.
“GAH!!!!.” She narrowly dodged them one by one. She ducked and bent like a contortionist. She fumbled her way into the riflery shooting range. Instead of arrows there were bullets flying at her head. She winced at the sight. She narrowly escaped and looked behind her to see if the bees were still after her. Of course there were. She was running for a few minutes when she reached the cow pasture.
“Mooooooooo.” A cow screamed at her. She screeched and turned the other way. Now not only were bees chasing her but there was a bull on her tail. Ironically she was wearing a red shirt that day and that bull was not in the most pleasant of moods. She screamed her head off as the bull by the name of Rex went charging at her. She was doing well until she tripped over her own feet and landed face first in a humongous cow pie. She didn't know it at that exact moment but the entire camp had been standing all around her and saw her magnificent leap in the air and started pointing and laughing at her. She got up and wiped away the mess as best as she could but it didn't work much.
“Sarah?.......Sarah?” I snapped my fingers in front of her face to make her come out of her coma of unfortunate memories. She whipped her head up from the floor and saw that we were all standing around her.
“What was that all about Sparky?” asked Yusuke. Her face scrunched up.
“Camp. Blech. I'm not going.” She yelled. She stood up rapidly and walked quickly to the door of Koenma's office.
“Sarah, I am sorry but we have to go, it has been ordered for us to do so by, not just Koenma, but his father King Yama.” said Kurama. She stopped in her tracks and just stared at the door. She breathed in heavily and turned around to face us.
“Fine I'll go but if I see ONE COW SLASH BULL, I'M LEAVING.” We all sweatdropped.
“Don't worry Sarah, the last bull that they had died last year in a tragic, tragic tractor accident.” I put one hand over my heart and looked reminiscently to the others. “Poor ol' Tina never saw that tractor comin'.” They all turned to look at me with sweat drops of their own.
“Tina? I thought this was a bull?” asked Kurama.
“Yeah it was….. The father wanted a girl ok? So they named him Tina.” I replied. Sarah and Hiei both rolled their eyes at the same time.
“Ok enough with the reminiscing we must now get down to the real business at hand. All of you will be staying in the Virginia hotel that is at the front of the land once you enter. You are not considered campers because you must stay there all summer and we do not have the funding for that.-“ He was cut off.
“ALL SUMMER?!?!?!” yelled Yusuke.
“OH HELL NO. NOW I AM REALLY NOT GOING.” Sarah went ranting on about her oh so busy schedule of just eating Oreos and playing around on the computer.
“Shut up baka. If I have to then so do you.” Hiei snapped. She immediately stopped and pouted.
“Yes now shut up so that I can finish. Now you are going to be working there as different occupations. Sarah, you and Hiei will be working as rifelry teachers. Sarah you will also work as an arts and crafts teacher. Hiei, you and Kurama will also be pool instructors.”
“You mean lifeguards?” corrected Kurama.
“Yes those. Kurama you will also work with Melissa as an archery instructor.”
“Yes.” I called out. They all stared at me. “Umm hehe yay go archery hehe.” I laughed nervously even though that was part of the reason I was so happy about it.
“Riiiiiight.” Sarah laughed. I just glared at her.
“And Melissa your second job is to teach Horse lovers as a level three.”
“Well what about us?” asked Yusuke.
“You, Yusuke, will work as a canoe instructor and in the cafeteria. Kuwabara you will work with Yusuke as a canoe instructor and you will also be working with Sarah in the arts and crafts area.”
“YES!!!! I love arts and crafts. We can make little pony pictures with rainbows and pots of gold Hee hee.” He did a goofy grin. Sarah just slapped the palm of her hand against her forehead. I rolled my eyes.
“I knew he was going to say that.” I said.
“As did I Melissa.” agreed Kurama. He shook his head as well.
“I suggest you all go and start packing. Here are your medical forms to fill out. We don't want them feeding you anything that may give you hives.” He looked straight over to Kuwabara.
“Oh come on, one time while we were at Slushie's Galore, I ate that wax apple that they had on the stand and now nobody can trust me. I didn't know I was allergic to wax.”
“And I didn't know you were allergic to intelligence.” replied Hiei. I laughed and Sarah admired him for his witty comeback. We each got our forms and walked out of the little toddler's office. We were finally back home and lounging around. I came out of my room with a medium sized suitcase FULL to the zipper with clothes and books and things I would need while there at Triple R.
“Let me help you with that.” said Kurama. I blushed and handed it to him. He took my bag over to the door.
“Thank you.” Sarah laughed at me and I glared at her. “Don't you think you should be getting packed?”
“Millie I am in no rush at all to get ready and go. Camp is evil and I will not rush to it early.” She glared as well.
“What is up with you and hating camp, Sparky?” asked the detective.
“Hn. It's evil that's what.” She replied. She eventually told us about her past at camp. I laughed my ass off.
“HAHAHA YOU GOT CHASED BY A BULL!! HAHAHA” I yelled. Yusuke almost burst a neck vein, he was laughing so hard. She just sat there with her arms crossed.
“I am sorry about what happened to you Sarah but I am certain that it will not happen to you again.” Kurama said with the straightest face he could but it didn't work, he eventually burst.
“Yeah I mean what are the chances it could happen again?” I said.
“I don't want to find out.” She replied.
“Hn. Camps are idiotic places for kids to go have this so called fun for a week and then go back home to their boring and dreary lives. They serve no purpose.” Hiei butted in.
“Hiei, just chill. You're going to like it. I promise.” He growled at me. “I mean you get to shoot things while you're there. And hey if you shoot someone then they will think it is an accident and you won't get into trouble.” He began to smirk.
“Yeah, well while he gets to have all the fun I have to work with stupid Kuwabaka.” said Sarah. The minute she said that, he walked out with about three full suitcases. We could all see that two of them were full of stuffed animals and Beanie Babies.
“Kuwabara, do you really think you need all those stuffed animals?” asked Kurama.
“Of course I do. They are going to keep me safe from the swamp monsters.” My face just changed to a `You are an idiot' expression.
“They don't have a swamp there stupid. It's a lake. And they don't have a monster.”
“Whew.” He said and took a deep cleansing breath.
“Yeah, it's more of a ghost. A restless spirit if you will.” I went on with a sly smirk playing across my face. His body went stiff.
“Psh, ghost shmost. Those things aren't real.” Yusuke was leaning on the wall just in the other side of us.
“I see we have a non-believer here.” I said.
“Duh. I ain't ever seen one and I never will.” He said. Me and Sarah looked over to each other. I had already told her the story so she knew.
“Should we tell them Sparks?” I asked her.
“Oh hell yes we should.”
`We can scare the shit out of Kuwabara. Hehehe.' She said to me telepathically.
`Hehe this will be fun.' I said back.
“Everyone report to the living room so that I can tell the story.” I said. The ones that were in the kitchen and the hallway came into the room. We all sat in a circle. First it was me, then Kurama, then Sarah. Next to her sat Kuwabara and then Yusuke.
“Hn. I am not going to participate in this ridiculous scam.” He said and just sat at the window sill.
“Fine then. You can just sit over there bein' all depressed and what not while we get to have fun.” Sarah just glared at me.
“What?” I asked.
“You know what.”
“Blah blah blah. Let's get to it. Hiei could you be a doll and turn out the lights for me please?” He growled at me for calling him a doll but I just smiled.
`Millie!!' growled Sarah in my head.
`Well sorry but it's just too much fun. I mean I know he's not going to do anything to me cause he likes you and we are friends.'
`For the last freakin' time he doesn't like me.'
`All I hear is blah blah blah when you say that. Believe me I know these things.' She just rolled her eyes and Hiei didn't budge.
“Hiei would you please go turn off the lights for us?” asked Sarah. His crimson eyes met with her blue/green ones and he couldn't resist.
“Hn. Fine Onna, as long as you all stop bothering me.” She smiled. I smirked at her and she saw me.
`See, what did I tell you?'
`Hn. Whatever.'
`Denial.' I said to her in a singsong voice.
`Just get on with it Baka.' She tends to speak and say things like Hiei.
“Ok now, a long long time ago when Triple R was first built there was a horrible accident. A little boy about the age of ten went to his first year of camp. On the second day he was finally able to go canoeing. He couldn't wait. He got in a boat and paddled his way forward. His instructor told him over and over again to stop where he was and to not stray too far away from the group but he didn't listen to a single word. He just kept gliding along until he saw something that interested him. A curious looking necklace was swinging back and forth on a low tree branch. He rowed over to it and reached for the small circular pendant. As he was reaching for it he tipped over the boat and fell in the water. He floated away from the shore and landed himself in the deepest part of the lake. He couldn't swim. He tried his best to get back to the canoe but failed. The water was now entering his lungs, suffocating him. He struggled to get his head above the surface but only sank to lake ground. His eyes were still open and he called out for help but no body could hear him. He died that day but when his body was recovered his mouth curled into an evil smirk.” Kuwabara pulled his newly discovered blanket to his chest in an attempt to comfort him. “One of the nurses looked at him closely and started yelling like a maniac that he had moved his arm and spoken to him telepathically, threatening him.”
“No WAY!!!!” Kuwabara yelled.
“Want to know what he said?” I asked.
“Please keep going Melissa, it is getting very interesting.” Kurama insisted I move forward.
“He said-“
“I drowned and nobody helped me.” said a creepy voice.
“OH MY GOD WHAT WAS THAT!??!?!” Kuwabara was now freaking out. He ran up to Hiei.
“Hiei save me!!!” He called out in his ear. Hiei growled at him.
“Touch me again and I will break all the limbs on your body into millions of pieces.” And he shoved him off. Kuwabara quickly ran back to circle but was shivering with fear.
“Chill it was just me.” said Sarah. He glared at her.
“Why would you do such a thing?” He stupidly asked.
“Because it's fun to see your reaction.” She started laughing.
“Then,” I continued, “he pointed to him and said, `you're next.' And you know what?”
“What?” asked Yusuke.
“I thought you didn't believe in this stuff.” replied Sarah. He glared at her.
“Well….I don't I just….I..I. Oh shutup.” I laughed.
“Just get on with it baka.” Hiei was still sitting on the window sill but he now looked interested. We all turned our heads to look at him with confused faces. “Hn. What?” We just looked away.
“Well what happened was, a few days later that very same nurse was found dead. He drowned in his bathtub. They said it was a suicide but the facts say different. When I went there last year I kept getting these letters from this little boy, the one that died those many years ago. They had original dates on them from the 1900s. They kept asking me to go to the lake at night, past curfew.”
“Did you go?” asked Yusuke.
“HELL NO!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Like I'm really going to meet someone that's supposed to have been dead for like hundreds of year. Boy you must be out of your mind.”
They sweatdropped.
“Plus I had better things to do then just chase around a ghost that most likely just wants revenge.” Sarah started to laugh at me hysterically. “What's so funny?”
“You hahaha having better stuff to do hahaha.” I glared at her like many times before.
“SHUT UP!!”
“Well that was a very interesting story but I think we should retire for the night and rest up for tomorrow.”
“I agree.” said Yusuke yawning. “Nice story Melissa. Night everybody.” We all answered each others good nights and went to our separate rooms.
“Ah sleep.” said Sarah. She closed her eyes to sleep when she suddenly felt the side of her bed sink as if someone was laying there.
`What the?' She thought. She looked up and screamed.
“AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!” Yelled the person. Sarah kept yelling until she finally realized who it was.
“KUWABARA YOUR FACE SCARED ME!!!!! GIVE ME A WARNING NEXT TIME. YOUR FACE SCARES LITTLE CHILDREN.” She yelled at him. “What are you doing in here anyway?”
“I'M SCARED!!!” He cried out. We all heard Sarah scream and ran to her room as fast as we could. When we got there we could see Sarah and Kuwabara sitting in her bed.
“SARAH!!!! I really hope this isn't what I think it is. I thought you liked you-know-who.” I whispered toward the end. She looked at me like she was going to rip my head off for even thinking that she would do anything with that pinhead.
“Stop sounding like you're from Harry Potter and shut up about you-know-who jeeze. AND like I would EVER do anything with him.”
“Oooh and who is this person she likes? Huh? Huh? Huh? HUH!!” asked Yusuke. I smacked him in the back of his head.
“Now what were you asking again Yusuke?”
“I-I don't remember.”
“Wow Urameshi I think you going senile.”
“Would you all please stop fighting and tell us what is going on?” Kurama said in a calm but louder than normal voice.
“I'm scared. That story freaked me out and when I went into my room I could see things moving around. SOME ONE IS OUT TO GET ME.”
“Hn. Who would want you?” Hiei remarked as if he was actually confused.
“Back off shorty. Can I sleep with one of you guys?”
“NO!!” yelled Sarah and I in unison.
“Sorry but my bed is full.” Kurama replied as fast as he could.
“I thought you had a king size?” asked Kuwabara.
“Yes and it is being filled by me. Sorry no room. Hehe.” He tried his best to get out of him having to sleep with Kuwabara.
“Sorry dude but you're on your own. Nighty night, don't let the ghosties get you. Hehehe.” I laughed and we all left to get into our own beds.
“FINALLY!!! Sleep.” I could hear Sarah saying to herself in an agitated voice.
“Hn. Stupid scared baka. I hope he does get killed by a ghost then I wont have to touch him at all when I go to kill him.”
“HEY I HEARD THAT!!!” yelled out Kuwabara from the hallway.
“GO TO SLEEP.” Everyone, including Kurama, yelled out. I couldn't wait for the next day.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Kuwabara: HEY!!! I'm not afraid of no ghost!!!
???: Ooooooooh I am the ghost of count draaaaaculaaaaa. I am going to suuuuuuck your blooooooood.
Kuwabara: AAAAHHHH. *runs away and gets clothes-lined by a tree branch.
Black: *snickers* Ah I love messing with his head.
Millie: Oh yes.
B/M/K: Hope you liked it!!!