Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Triple R Ranch ❯ Homeless ppl and driving ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Black: *holding up a sign saying `BEWARE OF ME: WILL BITE OFF HEAD IF YOU DON'T BACK OFF' *
Millie: -__- What are you holding that for?
Black: *is silent*
Hiei: Hn. She's mad.
Millie: About?
Hiei: Hell if I know.
Millie: Hm. Well I hope you like it.
M/K: Enjoy!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
“WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!!!” yelled Sarah.
“I AM UP……. I am now anyway.” I called out. She was standing next to my bed wearing a black t-shirt with a spider web on it saying `this is how I catch my prey' and her favorite pair of jeans. Her red hair was brushed and reached down to the middle of her back. “Where's the bug that bit your ass this morning?” I asked.
“I told you I hate camp and since you are going to make me go then I am going to be in a bad mood.” She replied.
“Oooook. Well I have to get dress so please leave now.” She stalked out of my room and out to the others. I ran into my bathroom and put my contacts in my hazel eyes. I brushed my hair and teeth then went into my room to see what I was going to wear. I put on my favorite jeans that were ripped up at the bottom and that had white paint on them from when I painted my room. I slipped on a blood red tank and my black and white pin-striped hoodie. I put on my slip-ons and retreated to the living room.
“So are we all ready?” I asked. They just looked at me. “What? Do I have something on my face?”
“No you don't it is just that you are wearing a jacket in 90 degree weather.” replied Kurama.
“What's wrong with that?” I said with a confused look. Sarah's mouth dropped open.
“Umm it's like gonna be hot as shit out there.” She said uncomfortably.
“Not to me.” I said. She just rolled her eyes and we all started walking out to the car. She stopped in my tracks once she saw Kuwabara.
“KUWABARA!!” She yelled. He just waved at her with the same goofy grin he had given all of us so many times before.
“ARE YOU WEARING MY LIP GLOSS?!?!?!” She called out.
“Hehe yes.” He said cowering behind me like I was really going to keep him safe from Sparky.
“Why?” I asked.
“To keep my lips pretty for the ladies.” He said moving his eyebrows in an up and down fashion. “For I am Kuwabara defender of lo- AAAAHHHH!!!!” Sarah tackled him. And he learned his lesson never to say it around her again. He sat there rubbing his head.
“Oooooook, now that that's done, who is going to drive?” asked Yusuke.
“Ooh ooh me me.” said Kuwabara waving his hand around in the air as if he wanted to answer a question in a classroom.
“Do you even know how to drive?” asked Sarah. He slumped his head down and sighed.
“No.”
“Exactly and do you want to know why?” asked Hiei.
“Because I failed drivers-ed?” He answered in a question.
“No because they don't give licenses to carrot-top idiots.” Kuwabara slumped his head even more, stepped into the car and sat at the very back.
“Well how about Hiei?” asked Yusuke.
“NO!!!!” I yelled out immediately.
“Why not?” He asked.
“Are you really that stupid? I mean one word out of Kuwabara's mouth and we are all dead on the side of the road.”
“Hn. That baka Onna has a point.” Hiei pointed out.
“Yes she does.” agreed Sarah.
“Well what about Sarah?” suggested Yusuke.
“Same thing. You remember that last time she drove us all a long distance.” I said. We all sat there thinking about it.
 
Flashback
 
“So,we'regoingtoBuschGardens?What'sitlike.Arewealmosttherey et?What'stakingsolong.Whyaren'twethereyet?WHYAREWENOTTHERERIGHTNOW!!!!!!Are thereclownsthere?” said Kuwabara so fast that he didn't even bother to space between his words. He had been doing this for about an hour now and Sarah was trying her best not to let it bother her.
“Yes, It's awesome, No we're not, Traffic, Because of traffic, BECAUSE OF FUCKIN' TRAFFIC, And HELL NO, there are not clowns.” I answered in the order he asked. I stupidly thought that would make him quiet but it didn't. He just kept going on and on and on and on about what food kind of they have, and if there's a petting zoo, and games, etc.
“WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SHUT HIM UP?” yelled Yusuke.
“I am sorry but I don't think we should resort to violence while Sarah is driving. It is her first time you know.” said Kurama in a frighteningly calm voice.
“Oh yeah.” I could see beads of sweat on Sarah's forehead. I could also see the veins popping out of her neck and forehead.
“Are you feeling ok?” asked Yusuke.
“Im..fine..Urameshi.”
“Uh oh.” I said.
“She called him Urameshi. Hn, you know what that means.” replied Hiei. We had forced him to come with us.
“Yep, she's mad.”
“Whatistheretobemadabout?Imeanwe'regoingtoarollercoasterpar k.Oooohistherecottoncandy?Hotdogs?pizza?CORNDOGS?!?!?! Hmmmmmmremindsmeoftheballpark.” He started singing the `Take Me Out to the Ballgame' song and that's when Sarah lost it. She turned around in her seat, leaving the steering wheel unattended, and reached for Kuwabara's neck.
“STOP SINGING THAT REDICULOUS SONG.” She made choking gestures but couldn't quite reach him. “Where's that damn fly swatter that I can smack him with?” She still didn't touch the steering wheel as we went speeding and curving through traffic. Instead she looked in the glove compartment and under the seat looking for it.
“SARAH THE WHEEL!!!” yelled Kurama and tried to steer for her, grabbing the wheel like he was reaching for the stars.
“FUCK THE WHEEL I HAVE TO KILL HIM.” She picked up the swatter and started hitting Kuwabara in the face with it, not stopping until he was unconscious.
“KURAMA!!! A TREE!!!” I yelled. He looked forward and quickly swerved out of harms way, it was hard for him to see where we were going because he had to strain himself to even reach the wheel.
“Ok ok I'm good, you can give me the wheel back.” Kurama hesitantly took his shaking hands off the wheel and sat back comfortably in the passenger seat. She wasn't looking where she was looking as she was too busy smirking at her success and looking back at the unconscious Kuwabara.
“SARAH WATCH OUT!!!” yelled Kurama and me in unison. We could all hear the screech of the tires as it swerved off the road and we crashed into a tree. Luckily we all lived and quickly got out of the car. We all just sat there and glared harshly at her.
“I can't believe my death was almost caused by a mere ningen.” Hiei said.
“I am so offended right now Hiei.” replied Sarah, “I am a fire kitsune ok?” She was on the brink of tears. He kind of felt bad that he hurt her feelings but didn't show it, in any case she almost killed us and wasn't really worrying about it.
“Oh no, not one of her mood swings.” I said. “This is NOT the time….Hey wait, does anyone here smell burnt flesh or is it just me?” Everybody sniffed the air and contorted there faces in an `oh no' fashion.
“Kuwabara!!” yelled Yusuke. Hiei just started laughing his ass off.
“Someone go get him!!!” I yelled.
“I will.” said Yusuke with a sigh.
“Do you have to?” asked Hiei with a sort of disappointed look on his face.
“Yes Hiei he has to.” replied Sarah with a small grin.
“Well what are you waiting for? Hurry and get him.”
“Don't you think he'll feel the heat and just run out?” asked Yusuke stupidly.
“HE'S UNCONSCIOUS YOU IDIOT NOW HURRY UP AND GO GET HIM.” I yelled. Kurama just sat there in silence shaking his head in disbelief.
End Flashback
 
“Oh yeah ONE time and I am condemned to the passenger seat for life.”
”Back seat.” I replied.
“What?”
“I call shot gun. Hehe.” I said. She just rolled her eyes.
“Yeah, whatever.” I smiled.
“Well what about Kurama?” I suggested.
“Yeah. He's responsible enough.” replied Kuwabara from the back seat of the car.
“GET BACK IN THE CAR AND SHUT THE DOOR, GLOSS THIEF.” yelled Sarah, her fingers rubbing her temples in a meditative way.
“So I guess it's settled then. Kurama you're driving.” I tossed him the keys and he caught them with his left hand. We got into the car and were all buckled up and ready when….
“I have to go potty!!!” called out Kuwabara.
“I thought I told you to go before we got in the car.”
“I did but I didn't have to go then. Just let me out Urameshi.” He hopped around in his seat.
“Ugggh fine but hurry up.” He got out and moved the seat up so that he could get out.
“HURRY UP!!! YOU'RE BEING TIMED” I yelled out. Hiei didn't even bother and just put on his headphones to his MP3 player and started to listen to Nine Inch Nails. We all had them and mine had a stopwatch on it. I clicked the button and watched at the numbers quickly flashed in front of my eyes.
“Whew I'm back.”
“You're a minute over you time limit.” I joked. His face flushed.
“Leave me alone and let me in.” He jumped in and we were finally on our way.
“So about this place, Melissa,” started Yusuke.
“Yeah?”
“Does this place have good food?” My eyes got big at the thought of their awesome food.
“Oh god. Don't get her started.” said Sarah.
“Hn. Too late.” replied Hiei. I started talking about the pancakes and hash browns and their desserts.
“I got sooo ticked off last time I went there cause they didn't serve their FAMOUS Oreo pudding. I was sooo mad I wanted to talk to the head of the cafeteria operation.”
“I'm sure it's not that famous.” Sarah disagreed.
“Well it is with me.”
“Why would you talk to the person's head?” asked Kuwabara.
“Kuwabara don't get stupid on me now, we still have a half hour of driving left.” He hung his head low for the second time today. Then it hit me, Yusuke will be working in the cafeteria. I grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him close to me even though I was in the passenger seat.
“You better have them make Oreo pudding or you're done for.” I said as evilly as I could.
“Ok Ok now let me go.” He looked at me like I was going to pumble him right now.
“Promise?” I eyed him looking for any sign of a lie.
“I promise.” He said in a wince.
“Nice.” said Sarah.
“You know it.” I retorted, ignoring her sarcasm.
“I believe we are almost there.” called Kurama.
“Really? We shouldn't be.” I said.
“Well there is a ranch right over here.” He replied.
“Did you take a wrong turn?” I asked.
“I don't know, Kuwabara has the map.”
“Of course he does and of course we made a wrong turn because THE MAP IS UPSIDE DOWN.” screamed Sarah toward the end.
“Women.” said Yusuke.
“And what about them?” asked Kuwabara. Yusuke didn't even bother finishing. If Kuwabara didn't know already then it was hopeless. Plus he saw Sarah's face after he said it and though best not to go any further.
“I guess we should turn around then.” said Kurama. He turned the car around and we went up a dirt path back the way we came. We were doing fine until a homeless man came running up to the door. Kuwabara screamed at the top of his lungs.
“AAAHHHH IT'S THE CRIPT KEEPER!!!! HE'S GONNA KILL US ALL.” He yelled.
“Make that horrible noise stop penetrating my brain.” called Hiei, covering his ears. “Before I make it stop.” An evil grin spread across his demon face. We all looked from the homeless guy to Kuwabara. There was a surprising resemblance between the two. I started to laugh my ass off and the rest followed suit, even Kurama. Hiei managed a wide smile and chuckled a bit.
“What's so funny?” asked Kuwabara.
“You. Hahaha.” He just looked confused and we kept it that way.
“Could you spare some change?” asked the homeless man. I reached over and gave him two dollars. We left him on the road and began back to Triple R.
“Ahh here we are.” I said as we approached the entrance. The first thing we could see were the horse stables and the back of the Trading post where they sell drink and candies during free time. We drove up road and fellow camp staff showed us where to park.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Millie: Ah and so the fun begins. We are all at camo now. Hahaha. *rubs hands together and gets an evil, sly smile.*
Black: *still silent and still holding up the sign. Now it says HIEI AND MILLI STINK AND SHOULD BE TAKEN TO JAIL.*
M/H/K: -__-
Kurama: Any idea why she dislikes you so much?
Millie: Haven't the faintest clue.
Hiei: Hn. Like I care.
K/M: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Hiei: >_<
K/M: Enjoy. R&R please.