Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ under construction ❯ Sayonara Scorch ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ayame sighed softly, so....tired...

She then felt something warm nestled into her stomach and chest. She could also feel someones penetrating stare on her.

She opened her eyes to see who it was.

Coming face to face with the spikey bastard, and a small black cat nestled into her.

Ayame quickly freaked out and jumped backwards, falling off the bed, making her wince. She stood up with the help of the bed after slapping away the taller, by an inch or so, kajihenge's hand, then looked at what she was wearing.

''How come everytime i wake up, i'm in some stupid dress?'' she asked then continued to stretch, earning several cracks.

Used to Hiei's ignoral of her, she then spoke up again.

''How long have i been here?'' Ayame then walked over to the wardrobe, searching for something that wasn't a kimono, or a yukata.

''One week,'' Came the monotone reply.

''And i still havn't healed properly? something must be seriously wrong with me,'' She then pulled out a pair of tight blue jeans and a longsleeved black top, which both smelt suspiciously like Hiei.

Ayame walked into the bathroom that was joined to that room. She took a shower and came out. The clothes were baggy on her, but definetly better then a yukata.

''Why am i in your room?'' The room definetly wasn't the one back at the house where she stayed, the walls were different, and the scent was different.

''The other rooms were taken, and i usually sleep in a tree,''

Ayame walked over to the bed and got on it then crawled across it on her hands and knees, inspecting the cat on her bed, after looking at its face, she jumped off the bed, opened the sliding door, and stomped down the stairs, with Hiei following after her.

''Why is he still alive?'' Ayame said to Miirei who was sitting on the sofa with Kurama watching something on T.V.

''Who? Hiei,'' Miirei replied cluelessly.

''You know full well who i mean?'' Ayame said in a heated voice, her face then saddened, and she looked at the floor, ''Did i lose?.....again?'' Ayame asked in an upset tone.

''No, you won, you just collapsed before you finished him off, thankfully,''

''So why's he here?....where ever here is,'' Ayame shouted.

''Stop shouting in my temple idiot,'' Came the voice of an old woman, Ayame then turned around to see an old woman with withered pink hair.

''Don't order me around hag. Is this your granma Miirei?'' (Ash: That's the way i say grandma. So it dosn't count as a misspelling *grins*)

''Do you see any wolf ears on her?'' Miirei said flatly. ''That is master Genkai, she owns this temple

Suddenly a girl, with mint green hair and crimson eyes walked in the rooom.

''I'm glad you're better Ayame san,''

''Ayame...san?'' Ayame said turning around, she then took one look at the small girl and hugged her. ''Kawaii!,''

''And that's Yukina, shes a koorime,'' Miirei cut in, getting up from the sofa.

''Don't try and change the subject,'' Ayame said, hugging Yukina from behind, whilst glaring at Miirei. ''Why is he here?''

''He wanted to see if you were okay,''

''Dammnit, i bet that bastard lost on purpose,'' The taller blue headed cat boy then came down the stairs, yawning and stretching, Ayame let go of the small ice maiden and dissapeared outside.The whole room was now just staring at Scorch.

''Sco-orch,'' Miirei asked in a cute voice, Scorch just gave her a What-Do-You-Want? look. ''Could you go and talk to Ayame please.''

''Who?'' The taller catboy asked with a clueless face while tieing his hair up,'' This girl?'' He said poiting to Yukina.

''No, your sister still hasn't told me her name,i don't think shes going to either,''

''Oh, its Singe. I'm not sure she'll want to talk to me, this time she might kill me. Why can't you do it?''

''She's your sister, so you go do it,'' Miirei said pointing at the door, ''Now!.'' Scorch then hissed and stomped out the door, ''Singe, eh? hehehe shes gonna be so pissed.'' Miirei said with a grin.
~x~

Scorch had found Ayame in the forest, sitting on a rock next to a pond.

''Why is it you're scared of water, but are always by it?'' Scorch pondered from his perch in the tree branch above her.

''What do you want?''

''To get you to forgive me,''

''Fine, i forgive you, now go away.''

''Very funny. I know you must hate me for attacking you years ago, heh anybody would, especially if it was someone they trusted,''

''I don't hate you for trying to kill me. Everybody wants to kill me, about the only person i can depend on is the wolf,''

''So if you don't hate me for that, what do you hate me for?''

''I'm not sure,''

''Eh? what do you mean?''

''Like i said, i'm not sure. I just know i should not get close to you, or anybody else. Its easier to hate.''

''Why are you afraid of being cared about? You've changed dramaticly since the last time i saw you,''

''Well of course i've changed. It has been about seventy years,''

''Don't avoid the question,''

''I'm not scared, i'm just carefull.''

''If you were just 'carefull' you'd probably allready have a mate and many friends. The only people that hold a place in your heart are Mii and father,''

''Its not like you have a girlfriend.'' Ayame said flatly.

Scorch then jumped out of the tree and hugged Ayame,''I just want it to be back to the way it was when we were younger. you used to get frightened of stuff and try to attack them, and when it attacked you back, you always used to run and hide behind me. Remember that time with the snake youkai's tail?''

''...No...i don't remember, any of my childhood. Besides, it can't go back to the way it was. I'm a completely different person

''Well thats probably why you're still having your childhood now,''

''What d'you mean by that? i'm mature,''

''Uhuh, and Mii dosn't like the kitsune boy.''

''Maybe its just people that have been living in the ningenkai too long. But i think i'm the only other person who's worked that out,''

''Heh, maybe so,''

''Oh yeah! Do you know where this scar came from? Everyother cut i've ever had has cleared up,'' Ayame said pushing out of the hug and pulling her top up slightly to show the three claw mark scars, Scorch studdied them for a moment then ran his fingers along them with a smirk on his face but faultered when the catgirl pulled away from his touch. Pulling her top back down.

''This isn't a scar,'' Scorch said with mirth in his voice. He then started to laugh.

''Well what is it then? Some dude kidnapped me, and just as he was about to tell me, that spikey bastard stabbed him,''

''I unfortunately can't tell you, you have to wait for the person that gave you those scars to tell you,''

''Wait you said they weren't scars, what?! someone gave these scars to me?''

''Yep, now lets head back, i have to be returning to the village soon.''

''So soon? maybe you do have a girlfriend.'' Ayame said with a smirk, whilst walking back to the temple with her hand behind her head. ''I'm always by it, because i love the look and feel of it.''

''Huh? the look and feel of what?''

''Earlier you asked me why i'm alway by the water.But i definetly prefer snow,''

''Strange koneko,''

Ayame just replyed by sticking her tongue out.

''Oh and i aprove of you relationship with Hiei, i mean if yer' gonna' get mated to anyone, then the reknowned forbidden child is a good choice,'' Scorch said with mirth in his voice then sprinted into the woods.

''WHAT!!!!,'' Ayame shouted making loads of birds fly out of the trees in fright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going out for a while,'' Ayame said to the people in the frontroom whilst putting on some socks, they had got back from Genkai's temple yesterday, Scorch had come with them, to spend some more time with his little sister, before going back to their village.

''Where you going?'' Miirei asked from her seat on the kitchen worktop, she was watching Kurama cook, and adding in stuff when his back was turned, or hiding the ingredients.

''I've gathered up all my patience and i'm going to the mall to get harrased by the ningens. Feel free to come, but don't be suprised if you see me standing on the roof of the mall, laughing maniacally, with dead ningens heads hanging from my hands.'' Ayame stated while fiddling with her hair, the back had been wrapped, and now looked slightly like a whip.

''Heh, i'll definetly pass,'' Miirei chirped from the kitchen.

''You two really make a good couple. When we go back to that acursed school you two will have to kiss in front of the preps,'' Ayame said. ''That'll totally crush them, i can't wait to see the look on their faces.''

''We're not a couple,'' Kurama said.

''Thats right. And if you want to see the preps heads turn, then why don't you confess your love to Hiei then kiss him in front of them,'' Miirei said with a grin on her face.

''Hah! right, the day i love the Kajihenge, is the day i start to wear pink frilly dresses, and look at guys as peices of meat to fuck, instead of either pathetic hormonal children or sparring partners.''

''Your ideals on life scare me,'' Scorch said standing up.

''The mall is a great place! come, i'll show you.'' Ayame said linking her arm with her brothers, ''Uhhh, wait, do you have anything that can cover your ears and tails?''

''No, but why should that matter?''

''Well ningens don't have anything, Yusuke here is a fine example of a ningin,'' Ayame said unlinking her arm and pulling Yusuke up off the couch.

''Huh? wha?,''

''Now as you can see, they're heads are quite big, but the brain inside is less then half of a youkai's. As you can see here, he has quite large nostrils, thats happened gradually over time, from picking them so much. Ayame said poking Yusuke's nose with a long stick she pulled out of nowhere.

''Hey!,'' Yusuke yelled then grabbed the stick and threw it across the room.

''If you anger a ningen, they tend to react. Most will just yell a bunch of curses expecting you to back down, but if you keep pushing, they will back down. Anyway lesson over,'' Ayame said pushing Yusuke back onto the sofa, ''As i was saying, ningens don't have animal ears or tails, and they can only jump about 3 to 4 feet. Seeing as tonight's a full moon. You can wear these.'' Ayame said handing the wristbands to Scorch.

''Anyone else wanna come? this is my final offer.'' After a bunch of mumbled no's, both her and Scorch walked out the door.

~X~

''Have you even got any money?'' Scorch asked once they'd got in the mall.

Ayame them bumped into some people. ''Watch where you're going jackass.'' She shouted angrily before stalking over to Scorch. ''I have now,''' She said with a smirk holding up two wallets.

''Singe,'' The older boy said in a warning tone, like he was about to tell her off, with a stern look on his face, the look then softened, and turned into a smile, ''Well done, its good to see you haven't lost any of your talent since coming here,''

''Of course not, i train with Tezuka nearly everyday. I get beat up pretty bad, but Tezuka is the best sparring partner, everyone else is always too worried about getting me hurt.....well except captain sunshine, he'd probably kill me,''

'I wouldn't be too sure about that' Scorch though with a smirk.

''Ummm, do you have any idea what to get anybody?''

''How should i know? i don't live with them,''

''Kuso. Ahwell they'll have to like it,or pawn it off at the store,'' Ayame said wandering into a shop,''
~X~

A couple of hours later, Ayame had gotten really pissed with some woman, that was serving her, so the nekojins decided to take a break at the food court,''

As they were chowing down on some fries, Kelsie and some of her femeale prep cronies, just happened to pass by, they then walked over, Kelsie took a seat next to scorch, while her minions stood to the side of her.

''Hi Ayame,'' Kelsie said with faux sweetness, then turned to Scorch.

''Hey cutie, how about dropping this reject and coming with me, i'll be sure to show you great time,'' The bottle blonde, said seductively with a wink, while rubbing Scorch's knee.

''How about i stay here, and you go and get hit by a bus?'' Scorch said in a bitter tone, pissed off about the way some nobody ningen just talked about his sister.

''Awww, come on, you'd be serviced better by me, then this virgin.''Kelsie said looking at Ayame, saying the word virgin like it left a nasty taste in her mouth,''

''Remove. your. filthy. ningen. hand. from. my. knee. before. i. rip. it. off. and. stick. it. up. your. big. crusty. ass.'' Scorch said, in a dangerous tone, but like he was talking to a child.''

''Besides, i wouldn't want to screw my brother, and even if he wanted to screw you, which would never happen, i wouldn't allow him too, he'd probably pick up every STI known to man, and some new ones.'' Ayame said with mirth in her voice.

''Why you. A least i'm able to get boys, you've never had a boyfriend in the school.'' Kelsie said taking her hand off of Scorch's knee.

''Haven't you heard? i'm a lesbian. And atleast i don't have to put on 50 pounds of makeup to feel good about myself,'' Ayame said with mirth in her voice then got up, picked kelsie up by her ankle, then put her head first in a large bin.

''I think you've had enough fun, lets get the rest of the shopping, and get out of this acursed place,'' Scorch said standing up.

''Awwww, okay.''

''Are you really a lesbian?''

''Yes,'' Ayame said flatly ''Me and Miirei have hot steamy sex everynight,'' She said sarcasticly, making Scorch give her a strange look.
~X~

Ayame quickly hid the bags in her room, then stuck, a fire demon, a fox, a human, and a wolf ward on the door. She was gonna' put a cat ward on the door, to keep Scorch out of the presents, but then she wouldn't of been able to get to them either.

When she went downstairs, then jumped onto Miirei's shoulders, and told her about Kelsie hitting on Scorch, and her putting kelsie, face first, into the bin.

After dinner Scorch announced that he had to head back home, so Ayame gave him his christmas present, which was a pair of Sai's, and Sorch gave her a black bamboo fan with a red dragon on it, and a red tassel. (Ash: i have one of those, Alex can do that traditional dancing stuff though, i just like the look of it.)

''Why did i get a weapon?'' Scorch asked.

''Why did i get a fan? i don't and never will dance,'' Singe said then started fanning herself with the fan. ''But it is a nice colour''

''I think Ayame and Scorch's personalitys got put into the wrong bodys at birth,'' Kurama said.

''Yeah! Scorch is more femenine then Ayame, even though she's a girl,''

''Would you like to rephrase that?'' Ayame said with her dagger at Yusuke's throat,''

''Uh....um...You're extremely elegant and feminine?,'' Yusuke stuttered out. Ayame then smacked him into the wall with her fan.

''Hey, maybe this will come in handy,'' The cat girl said looking at the fan then swishing it around.


So Koenma opened a portal to Scorch's village, and off he went.

Ayame then got a packet of Strawberry pocky out of the cupboard, seeing as Hiei was protecting the icecream And she didn't have her demon powers, so she couldn't fight him, and climbed upto the roof using the help of some trees and layed there, just watching the big silver moon in the sky.

Later on Miirei jumped upto the roof and took a seat next to her.

''Are you okay?'' The wolf girl asked in a concerned tone.

''I don't need nor want your pity, wolf.''

''I know, i'm just wondering if you're alright,''

''I'm fine, why wouldn't i be?''

''I thought you would go back with Scorch,''

''If you wanted to get rid of me that much, you should've just said so,'' Ayame said sitting up.

Miirei then caught the cat in a hug. ''I'm glad you didn't,''

''Ahhh, it burns, the affection, my skin!,'' Ayame said pushing Miirei off. ''I'm not a touchy feely, affection loving person,''

''I know,'' Miirei said with a smirk on her face,''

''And anyway, why would i go back with Scorch? its not my village, i'm not even welcome there, remember, i'm just a pathetic Hanyou, i was banished,''

''I never knew that,''

''Well now you do.Next time i see that baka neko, remind me to castrate him,''

''Why? i thought you only saved that for perverts?''

''He knows about my scars, and told me i had to wait for the person that gave them to me, to own up, or something like that.''Ayame said in an annoyed tone, putting another pocky stick in her mouth, then laying down with her hands behind her head.

''You don't suppose its a mark of claim?'' Miirei said pulling up Ayame's top slightly and looking at the three claw shaped scars.

''Great, i'm gonna' have to melt more of my skin off, like it wasn't painfull enough the first time,'' Ayame said shuddering. ''Well whoever did it, did it when i was in my human form, because the cuts would of healed. And melting off my skin, hurts a lot more when the acursed moon takes away my demon half.

''Why don't you just leave them there?'' the pink head, asked, then took a pocky stick out of the pack, and layed down next to her long time friend.

''I'd rather die, then be owned by someone.''

''But its not like your owned by someone, they haven't come and tried to claim you, have they? And besides, you look much better with three claw marks, then a nasty melty part.

''One day, i'm going to dip my whole body in acid, then i'll have no fear of being claimed, raped, admired..''

''What about loved?''

''That too, love is for the weak. People that love, have too many emotions flowing through their body, they're weak, and controlled, i would kill myself before that happened,''

''You can be in a relationship where your partner dosn't just want you for your body, and wont hurt you,''

''Thats not true, not for me atleast,''Ayame said sitting up and hugging her legs. ''I will never trust anyone aside from you ever again,''

''Well then i guess i'm pretty privilaged, but remember, not everyone's like Ryu...''

''Don't mention his name!!. Not here atleast, someones always watching,or listening,''

''Its okay Rath, he's dead. You killed him remember? Stop letting the past stop you from being happy,''

''I am happy,''

''You're not, i can see past your facade. There are moments you are truly happy, but not many. the times your truly happy is when your fighting, and thats mostly with Hiei.''

''The kajihenge and i, are not going to become lovers, i don't have any feelings for him, accept a great sparring partner, and a slight friendship,''

''So are you saying, you don't like him because of his body?''

''No.''

''So do you think hes good looking?''

''I have eyes don't i? Just because i think hes good looking, dosn't mean i'm going to marry, then bear his children.''

''I know, but still, recognizing your partner's looks is the first step in a good relationship,''

''We don't have a relationship!''

''Ah! so you want a relationship,?''

''Arghhh, your so infuriating. So, do you think Kurama's good looking?''

''...'' Miirei just looked at the roof, with a blush on her face.

''C'mon, you know you do, besides, ages ago he said he liked you, or something more or less along those lines,''

''That was Youko, and he forcefully kissed me, probably with intentions to rape,''

''Well there you go, he thinks you look good, and recognizing your partner's looks is the first step to a good relationship,''

''Well i'm tired,'' Miirei said nervously, faking a yawn,''i'm going to bed, Oyasumi, Ringley,'' Miirei said, then jumped off the roof, and into her room.

''Oyasumi, Ruin,'' Ayame said with a smirk, then layed back down on the roof, looking up at the moon, putting another stick of pocky in her mouth.

Before long, someone else jumped up onto the roof behid her, almost silently, Ayame quickly whipped her daggers out from her belt, and jumped towards the intruder, the intruder, just blured to the side avoiding, the cat girl, turned human. When Ayame realized who it was, she layed back down on the roof, just staring up at the moon, and trying to count the stars.

''What is this? visit Ayame on the roof night?''

''Hn,'' came the monotonous reply. They stayed like that for a while. Ayame was laying at the front of the roof, and Hiei was sitting to the side, behind her.

''So you think im goodlooking?'' Hiei asked with a smirk, breaking the silence.

''Great, now its, visit Ayame on the roof, and ask her about Hiei day. Yes i think your goodlooking, big whoop, i happen to think a lot of people are goodlooking, and why are you listening in on other peoples conversations anyway?''

''I was bored,''

''Hey! i got a reply that was longer then one syllable, i feel i have acomplished something,''

''Your easily pleased,''

''Actually, i don't think i am, according to Mrs i know everything about Ayame, because i'm a creepy stalker, i'm only happy when i'm fighting, oh! i forgot, you were eaves dropping, so you must of heard.''

''Yes, i heard that aswell, who's Ryu?''

''Noone you need concern yourself with,''

''I can always read you mind, when you demon powers are taken away from you, your shields aren't as strong,''

''Kuso!, just stay the hell out of my mind.''

''I will if you tell me,'' Hiei said with a smirk.

''I seriously hate you right now, Ryu was some baka shadow youkai that i stupidly fell in love with as a child. He then led me into a false sense of security,'' Ayame said sitting up because she felt slightly insecure.

''And?''

''And, thats all,''

''That can't just be the reason for losing trust in everyone,and not loving anyone,''

''Well its better then your excuse,''

''Oh!? and what is 'My excuse'?''

''I'm the forbidden child, i don't deserve love,'' Ayame said in a low man-like voice,''Or some jazz like that,''

''Heh, maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong,''

''I'm right, and you know it,''

''Tell me more about this Ryu person,'' Hiei said moving behind Ayame, with his legs on either side of her back, so if she was to fall backwards, she would be resting on his chest.

''Theres nothing to tell, he's dead,''

''You killed him?'' Hiei said surprised.

''Don't give me that, it's not like you never killed anyone before,''

''Yes, i suppose you're not just any normal shoujo.''

''Damn right i'm not.''

''Now that i've complimented you, are you going to tell me more about this Ryu person,''

''Baka yaro. iie,''

''What did he do to you?'' the male kajihenge said pulling her backwards slightly, so she was leaning on his chest, her thenheld onto her shoulders, rubbing his in a circular motion, like a massage.

''Why don't you just raid my brain?''

''Because, shoujo. In your current human form, it might hurt you. Now tell me,'' The black head said, squeezing her shoulders, Ayame let out a hiss of pain.

''Fine, he beat me, and tryed to do these strange experiments on me, he picked me because of my many lives, i then broke free of my constraints, and killed him, then set the whole place alight. Apparantly, i was laughing like some maniac,''


''How many lives do you have left?''

''Umm, not sure, about two or three,''

''How many did you have to begin with?''

''About six, and yes, unfortunetly, i still havn't died,''

''Experiments?''

''What is this? interogation? I'm not really sure what the experiments were, or what they were doing, but they freaking hurt, much more then pouring acid on you body, whilst you have hardly any pain threshhold,''

Hiei's eyes glowed a demonic red. He then dissapeared.

''Baka kajihenge,'' Ayame sighed before laying back down on the roof.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex: Woot! The next installment of (enter stories name) Is up!! I can't remember what we called this. And i'm too lazy too look.

Ash: (sarcastic) Woot.

Sean: Why's she so bummed out?

Ash: Sore wa himitsu desu.

Sean: Arg. She keeps saying that aswell. It's pissing me off.

Alex: She bummed out 'cause her camera went to the bright place in the sky. And in case you people don't know. ''Sore wa himitsu desu.'' Means ''It's a secret.'' But adding ''Desu.'' To the end makes it more polite. So it sounds sarcastic coming from Ringleys. Which it probably is.

Ash: Good good news! Forbidden planet stock the Yuu Yuu Hakusho manga *does a happy dance* When saw it in the shop, i grabbed it and dance aroung in a circle whilst screaming. Hiei then shouted at me. I had enough money on me to buy 4 manga books at the time. But they'd sold out of Yuu Yuu no. 2. So i got Dragon knights 13 and 14 and Gravitation 7. I also collect girl got game. But they'd sold out of no. 4

They have 7 of the Yuu Yuu hakusho manga in the shop so far. I'm going to try and get one every week. But seeing as how my nearest anime and manga shop is 40 or so miles away. That might prove to be difficult.

Hiei's pissed because he's not even mentioned in the first manga book.

Reviewer thanks:

Kakkarot45

Ash: Join the ever growing club. I'm not sure how to put anything but music onto blank discs. Yes! Someone else who agrees that i'm not mentally retarded. THe large bastard that stomped my camera into oblivion, also ripped out one of my earrings with his finger by accident. Luckily for me thogh. It didn't rip my ear. It justmade the hole bleed slightly, and i'm not allowed to stick and earring in it till it heals or something. Now i only have four useable holes for earrings. Three in my left ear and one on my right.

Alex: I put some sort of Ayame/Hiei fluff at the end.

Ash&Hiei: *Glaring*

Ash: They were glaring at me the whole time. I feel sorry for anime characters. It made me feel really uneasy.

InTheShadows

Ash: Heheh, Ayame has many names. Some are actually mine. Alex is always calling me Ringley/s. And when it's serious she calls me Rath. Sean calls me Koneko and sometimes Singe. I also like to call him scorch. He's like a brother to me. A sick and twisted brother. Yup. They'll be more chapters explaining Aya's past soon.

Feeling good

Stix

Slancaster13

Ash: Yeah. We should read over our work or something. The spelling, grammer, and punctuation is really crappy. I'm only 14 and so is Alex and Sean. Sean's the oldest and i'm the youngest. Lucky me.

Sean: Don't worry Koneko. We shall protect you!

Ash: *whaps him into the background with a paper fan.* It's really hot over here. I'm sitting here in a t-shirt and shorts with a dripping wet flannel on my head. And i'm still baking.

__________

Standard disclaimers apply. I've been forgeting to put these in.

Ash: Can anyone guess what those three scratch marks on Aya are?

See you next time space cowboy. *gunshot*

Sean: Ah god! My arm!