Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unpaid Vengeance ❯ It Begins... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unpaid Vengeance

Part II of the Relations series

Me: Konnichiwa, fans! Welcome to the next part of the Relations series! In case if you are reading this first, I suggest that you read the stories 'Friends' and 'Lifting the Darkness' for background, but this one can stand on its own too.

Hiei: (Wiping chocolate ice cream from his face) Hello.

Me: Hiei and I will be working together to summarize and the like at the beginning of each chapter so make sure you read the top and the bottom!

Hiei: Some of the others in the cast will make appearances too. But for Kuwabaka fans (shivers at the thought of them)- I would suggest you just don't read this.

Me: I live to torture him. (Evil smile)

Hiei: So…since this is the first chapter...enjoy!

Me: And now (a microphone and a spotlight appear on her), the moment all you loyal Relations fans have been waiting for. 'Unpaid Vengeance!'

Hiei: By the way- she doesn't own any of the characters and the like from Yu Yu Hakusho.

--

Kiru is sitting in the living room of her new house. Hiei and she have been living here for the past two months since they had gotten married. She smiles and caresses her wedding ring, excited about his upcoming return to their home.

Their house is small and cozy, located about ten miles away from Mukuro's palace. Hiei is currently there, attending a meeting with Mukuro and the other Makai lords. Kiru found them way too boring- so she always stayed home during them. But she would usually accompany him when he went to train the troops under his command.

Mukuro had generously allowed her to become assistant general of her army after a sparring match with her. Although it had been a long match, Kiru easily won, inflicting more than a few burns, cuts, and bruises on the Makai lady. She managed to escape with only a gash to her side. She smiles as she remembers how Hiei had fussed over her for days after that.

Mukuro and she had become close friends after that match and now considered each other as best friends. They had tea together every afternoon, sometimes here and sometimes at the palace. Sometimes her sister-in-law, Yukina, would join them.

Yukina and she shared a close relationship as well. They had the common ground of knowledge of healing and often swapped techniques and the like. Yukina's book of healing arts was now overflowing with information and remedies.

Hiei and Kiru had also spent about a week training Yukina in some minor defensive techniques after a request from Yukina. She had learned very quickly and could now defend herself against up to a B-class attack.

Mukuro and she also spent some days training the troops together. The troops had thought that Mukuro and Hiei were the worst as far as severity went but they were wrong. DEAD wrong.

She was now known as the 'Lady of Torture' among the troops. Hiei always laughed when she put her squad through drills.

Most of them were unconscious after the first ten minutes. She had no mercy on them and always made sure they all got in at least one match every time they trained. All the troops had bandages and ice packs those nights, courtesy of a sympathetic Kurama.

She returns to reading a book that is sitting on the table. It is a book on Karma Sutra. She is trying to find a new way of pleasing Hiei for tonight. She smiles as she hits on a good one. Never tried this one yet…

She is carefully absorbing every drop of information on the pages describing the position when she hears a footstep behind her- along with an overwhelmingly strong and familiar ki. Cold fear fills her expression as she puts the book down turns around to face the callously chuckling intruder.

--

Hiei is walking home after the six-hour meeting of the Makai lords. If he had to hear one more word out of any of them, he swore that his ears would fall off. He wondered how Yomi could stand all of that talking with all of those ears. They had talked about a small pond for an hour and a half, for god's sake! The only thing that had kept him from falling asleep during that meeting was his anticipation of his return to Kiru.

Then he smiles as he thinks of his wife. He imagines how he will kiss her when he gets home. He wonders if she was reading that sex book again.

The last time she had, he hadn't left the bed for two days. He starts to walk a little faster.

He fingers the dragon pendant around his neck, its worn surface comforting him, as it had done for all of these years.

He starts to think about the events of the past two months. He was happier than he ever thought he could be. He had friends, a family, a beautiful wife...

He was also anticipating the start of their attempts to get pregnant. They decided that they would soon try to start a family. Hiei was already looking forward to getting a little girl or boy to love. He was planning to take Kiru to the riverbank that had become sort of a lover's spot tomorrow for a little romp.

Then, interrupting his pleasant thoughts, he senses a strong, unfamiliar ki near Kiru's. Shit! It's a quest class! He quickens his pace and runs towards the house, terrible 'what ifs?' running though his mind.

Just as he reaches the door to his home, he hears a cry of pain from his wife and throws the door open, panic racing through his system.

--

Me: Oh I'm so evil!

Hiei: (eyes wide in awe) A cliffhanger on the first chapter.? (Shrugs and shakes his head) And here I thought I was evil!

Me: Oh of course you're evil, I'm just more evil. (growing horns and a tail) I AM THE QUEEN OF EVILNESS!! HA HA HA! (maniacal laughter that turns into coughing)

Hiei: OO; (turns to the audience) Please read and review for her. She won't write more until you do. And that's the only thing that stops her from laughing like that. (pauses and stares at his still coughing lover) PLEASE review! And SOON!

Me: HA (cough, cough) HA (cough cough) HA!!!!

Hiei: OO;