Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Until now ❯ Until now... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

UNTIL NOW…

Phi: O.k. this is new…

Rami: Really? How…. (Sarcasm)

Phi: Well, it's different, that's for damn sure.

Rami: "Tell me a story Aunty Phi!"

Phi: O.k. And so we begin…. It was Christmas Eve at the Urameshi residents…

Watching from a far, we see the Rentai Tentai's Christmas party…

All were happy, the Christmas tree was dimly lighting the room. Yuskake was competing with Kuwabara, with who could drink the most egg nog, Kurama and Botan were talking about gifts, Koenma was eating candy canes, and Keiko was telling a Christmas story about Sugar Plum Fairies, to Yukina. They were as happy as a person who found a million dollars, but they found it in each others cheerful company.

Outside the snow was blurring around, fighting the wind, but no one seemed to mind the harsh weather because the spirit of the holidays kept them warm. All except one other, whose heart could not bare the warmth of others company, the joy of the season or the bliss of the celebration…

Yuskake: I wish Hiei were here…

Kurama: You know Hiei hates Christmas!

Kuwabara: The shrimp hates everything.

Yukina: Not everything. He likes to fight, he likes ice cream, and he likes

Yuskake, Kurama and I.

Botan: Yes, but can be a real grump sometimes.

Keiko: Don't say that! He's a telepath; he might hear you, swoop in and kill you!

Yuskake: Hiei wouldn't do that, he's really a good guy!

Phi: At a farther end of the world, secluded by most humans, was portal. And on the other side was the world of demons, we know as the Makai. Through the forests, dead tribal villages and barren waste lands, there is a large medieval castle in the heart of the Makai. Muroku's Palace. This `Muroku' was owner of half of the Makai. She was also the boss of Hiei. Hiei is on a long training course with Muroku.

Muroku: Hiei why won't you listen to me and take Christmas off?!

Hiei: I HATE Christmas… besides it's pointless to waste a perfectly good day of training.

Muroku: Hiei I don't understand you, don't you want to spend the day with your friends?

Hiei: No.

Muroku: How about Kurama?

Silence…

Hiei: What about Kurama?...

Muroku: Don't you want to spend the holiday with `the fox', I'm sure he wants to see you again, it has been some time now…

Hiei: HN…

Muroku: (admit defeat, admit defeat...) Hm?

Hiei: It's getting harder and harder to live with you.

Muroku: I'll take that as a compliment and a statement of defeat. So go spend Christmas with the rest of the team.

Hiei: Fine, anything to shut you up…

Muroku does double peace signs as soon as he leaves

Muroku: That was easier then I thought. Thank you, you stupid fox!

Back at the Party, there was at least three feet of snow on the ground. Yukina Keiko and Kurama were cooking dinner, while Yuskake and Kuwabara were pasted out on the couch from too much egg nog. Koenma and Botan were setting the table for the huge dinner the other two girls were cooking.

Hiei was now hopping tree to tree, and telephone pole to telephone pole. To Hiei, this weather was the worst thing about the season, even worse than the happy ningens around him. The snow was starting to stick to him, as the temperature dropped lower than his quickly decreasing amount of kai. By the time he got to the Urameshi residents, He was about frozen stiff. Botan answered the door.

Botan: KURAMA! HIEI'S HERE! Come in Hiei, your almost frozen!

Kurama: HIEI?! What are you doing here?!

Yuskake: What's all the racket?

Botan: Hiei's here!

Yuskake: So the un-merry demon decided to join us?

Kuwabara: (Wakes up and sits bolt up strait) Oh god, I had a dream that the shrimp came to wreck our Christmas, what a crazy dream!

Hiei: Heee dreeaammss abboouutt hhiissss ddeatthh tooo, I sseeee!

Kuwabara: You've got to be kidding.

Kurama: Hiei you're nearly FROZEN! I'll go get some blankets for you!

Kurama runs upstairs. Yuskake walks over.

Yuskake: So what made you decide to get half frozen, just to see us?

Hiei: Hnnn… Murrrokkuu…

Kuwabara: I knew he wouldn't come on his own…

Kurama runs down stairs with a handful of thick blankets.

Kurama: Here Hiei, get warm, I'm going to help Keiko, Botan and Yukina finish cooking dinner.

Hiei: Yuukkinnaa'sss herrre?

Kuwabara: Yup, She lives with me now shorty!

Yuskake: You shouldn't have told him that…

Hiei: You haven't even proved you can protect her!

Kuwabara: Geez Hiei, you act like you're her guardian or something!

Yuskake: Uhhh… off that subject, Hiei have you ever celebrated Christmas before?

Hiei: No. Why would I, it's a useless ningen holiday.

Both: WHAT?!

Yuskake: You've never celebrated Christmas?! Doesn't Muroku?

Hiei: If you count that baka tree she puts up every year…

(Door bell rings, Yuskake opens the door.)

Muroku: Koniichiwa Yuskake-Chan Merry Christmas!

Yuskake: Muroku! Good to see you. How you been?

Muroku: Great if you subtract Hiei's temper! (Sarcasm)

Yuskake: Come on in!

Muroku: Thanks. Did the Christmas Hater even come?

Hiei: HN………………………… 230;……..

Muroku: I'm surprised you actually came Hiei!

Hiei: And I suppose you're surprised that I almost got killed coming here?!

Keiko: DINNER!!!!!!!!!

All stampede into the kitchen. A huge table with china plates, Crystal bowls and silver utensils was laid out before them. There was Roast Turkey, buttery mashed potatoes, stuffing, garden salad, beef stew, ramen noodles, cranberry sauce, pickles, red and green jello, rice balls, sushi, candy canes, brownies, cake, apple pie, candied catfish and last but not least, CHRISTMAS COOKIES!

Keiko: Now who's going to say grace this year?

Everybody backs down.

Hiei: What in the three worlds is Grace?!

All Anime Drop.

Botan: Grace is word of prayer, to thank god for this food we have.

Kuwabara: Jan-Ken for it. (Kuwabara gives a secret signal.)

All: Rock, Paper, Scissors SHOOT!

Everybody picks rock but Hiei… Who picked scissors.

Hiei: `Damn scissors!' That was rigged.

Yuskake: So? That still means you have to say it!

Koenma: Poor Hiei…

Yuskake hits him over the head with a rolling pin he found in the kitchen.

Muroku, Botan, Keiko, Yukina and Kurama: Oh Dear….!

Yukina: Go ahead Hiei.

Hiei: Grrr… I'm thankful for my allies, bosses, my unbeknownst family, and all this food here tonight.

All: Amen.

Everybody ate until they were content. Between Yuskake, Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara, there was almost no left overs. After they had cleared the table of there dishes the group walked into the living room and started to tell Christmas stories.

Yukina: Tell the one of the Sugar plums! It's my favorite!

Keiko: But we've heard that one all ready…

Kurama: How about, the Jeremy Creek story.

Yuskake: Never heard of it…

Kuwabara: Me either.

Koenma: Nope can't say I have.

Botan: Surely you've heard of Jeremy Creek!

Muroku: Why don't you tell it Botan?

Botan: Well all right… ({= mom [=dad < = Jeremy and / = Santa.)

It started in a small town called Friendship, Maine, USA.

On the second street of town, the second block in, this is where our story begins…

It was the middle of bleak December and as far as any kid can remember, there was always one kid, one greedy little girl or boy, that would never share his or hers toys. That kid was named Jeremy Creek.

Jeremy Creek was the greediest kid you'll ever meet. This kid had everything toy wise, from video games to fake rubber feet! He had beanbags and British Flags, Balls and Jacks and the world's largest toy train track! Thirty- five remote controlled cars, seventeen spaceships and nine hundred men from Mars!

Eighty different types of yo-yo's, sixty of each, baseballs, footballs and stuff for the beach! This kid had everything a kid, no a thousand kids! , could ever need, but this kid was the definition of greed.

Early in the month of June, Jeremy sat watching, his favorite cartoon until a commercial said `RocketRobo, coming soon!' Jeremy pointed to the T.V. as if the toy was a must, but his parent's looked at him in total disgust. {Jeremy Creek! You have quite enough toys!} [Enough for all the good girls and boys!] <I don't care! I want more! If I don't, I'll cry `till we go to the store!> {that's quite enough racket little Mr. Man! You are more than your father and I can stand!}[Go to your room, not a peep `till we say!] {We've had too much of your antics, too much for one day!}

Jeremy stomped up to his room, sat on his bed, moping in gloom. <How dare they do that to me! Nobody can! I guess I'll just get it from the big jolly man!> It may have been June, but he didn't care, so he started a mile long list, which was to be flown by air! It read <Dear Santa, I want, a stuffed monkey, a king's cloak and hat! A giant rocket that can go to the moon and a car racing mat, Nine planets from the sun to Pluto that glow in the dark, a deck of cards, and a robot dog that can bark! Twenty coloring books, A huge pack of crayons, a video game, A guitar for a band, A doll, a bear, a mask that can scare, A beach pale that doesn't leek, All for Christmas, From Jeremy Creek.

That's not all that was on his letter, but I won't tell it all, I think it'd be better. All the months passed, until December at last. Santa got the mile long list, Santa said /Is this is a town we missed?/ The elves pulled down giant world maps. Santa said /This city isn't on any of our routes or our laps./ /I think that this small poor city that we've missed, should get every single gift on this list./ So the elves and Santa worked night and day, to make sure this city knew Santa was on his way.

Christmas morning Jeremy flew down stairs, only to be filled with despair. <Where are my gifts?, Where are my gifts?> Jeremy said, looking at the snowdrifts. <Why are the other kids playing with brand new toys?!> He pondered looking at the happy girls and boys. {That's easy Jeremy, you've been too greedy this year!} As Jeremy's parents turned on the TV, He cried in fear.

(TV) "In Christmas news today, a city often forgotten by Santa Claus, has finally been noticed because, (little girl) "Some little girl or some little boy wrote a long list, because he or she new we were missed." (TV woman) "Would you like to say something to the person who wrote to Santa that letter?" (Kids) "Yes! Thank you so much, You made our Christmas 100% better! We'll never forget what you did for us, So Merry Christmas from all of us!"

[Our Jeremy, helped all those children out?] {I geuss that he does know what Christmas is about. We're proud of you son!} But to Jeremy's dismay, Christmas was all ready done. He sat under the tree, and on a branch he heard a `hehe!' Jeremy looked and didn't believe what he had seen. It was old Santa Claus as small as a bean. <Santa Claus! What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be sleeping `till next year?> /Yes, but this is a special occasion, It was a mistake those kids got those toys, instead they belonged to one greedy boy. But I know you learned the meaning of the season, so I'll give you a special gift, and the kids are the reason./

Botan: So every Christmas Jeremy helped Santa deliver toys, to every and all the good girls and boys.

Kurama: Well told Botan.

Botan: Domo. ^_^

Yuskake: (Checks watch. (A/N: Yes he has a watch!) Holy Shit, I didn't realize it was this late!

Keiko: What time is it?

Yuskake: 11:55!

Koenma: I say we all hit bed.

Hiei: Uhh… what wrong with baka?

Kurama, Yuskake, Muroku and Koenma: (Laugh out loud.)

Yuskake: He fell asleep with his eyes open again!

Hiei: How would you know he did it again?…

Yuskake goes red with anger.

Yuskake: Are you thinking what I think I'm gonna kill you for thinking?!?!?!

Yukina: That was confusing…

Kurama: Really…

Koenma: Did everyone get what they wanted for Christmas?

Yukina: …

Yuskake: What is it Yukina?

Kurama: Uh-Oh…

Yuskake: I knew that this would happen.

Yukina: What are you talking about?

Muroku: No…way…

Botan: This… is … bad…

Koenma: Very.

Yukina: All I wanted for Christmas was to finally meet my brother, What's so bad.

Yuskake: Well…

Kurama: Where's Hiei?

Muroku: Shit. (Bolts out door.)

Muroku: (Chases Hiei though trees.) Hiei get your sorry ass back here!!!

Hiei: There's no way I'm going back there!

Muroku: I know you love her with what little heart you have! You can at least tell her you're her brother!

Hiei: NO!

Muroku: (Stops) I'll tell her…

Hiei: (stops and turns) You wouldn't dare…

Muroku: I KNOW your too scared, but she has to know! And she will!

Hiei: She'll never know! I don't want her to…

Muroku: But she does! Do you want her to die someday, thinking her brother didn't care!

Hiei: (silence)

Muroku: That's what I thought… If you don't come back and tell her, I will.

Hiei: Why… Why won't you leave me alone…

Muroku: Because you need to learn, Learn that there's more to life than rejection, fear and hate.

(Back at the house.)

Muroku: Yukina, Hiei has something to tell you…

Kurama: Hiei?…

Hiei: Uhh…, umm…

Yukina: Yes Hiei?

Muroku: He's your…

Hiei: …brother.

Yukina: My… brother? You're my brother Hiei?

Hiei: (In disapproval) Yes…

Yukina: and you all knew about this?

All but Kuwabara and Keiko: Guilty.

Yukina: Why didn't anyone tell me, Hiei why didn't you tell me, don't you like me?

All: Anime drop.

Koenma: More visa-versa.

Kuwabara: Hiei's MY BROTHER IN-LAW!!!

Yukina: It looks that way Kuzuma. ^.^;

Kurama: Me too…

Yuskake : MIDNIGHT!

Keiko: Can we go to bed now?!

Yukina: Thank you Hiei, I love you Niisan! Merry Christmas!

Rami: So SWEET!!!

Phi: I Know! Pour the sap. ^.^

Rami: You are hopeless… -_-;