Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation Time ❯ Chapter Nineteen ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Nineteen
 
Cassie's POV
 
I smiled evilly, probably scaring Kaline out of her mind. I never smiled like that unless I had a good reason. Did I have a good reason? No. I had a great reason. My life had just gotten a little more interesting. My friend had told me what it meant when a demon's eyes glowed. Her explanation had been very interesting. The eyes of a demon glowed when they were sexually aroused. It was a nice bit of information, especially since I had seen Hiei's eyes glow when he had looked at me.
 
That meant that Hiei desired me. How intriguing. I could certainly take advantage of that fact to get him to be nicer to me. The fire demon's life was about to become unbelievably... interesting, and that was an understatement.
 
"I'm gonna go now before you force any more information out of me," Kaline said, standing up and leaving the room. She shut the door as she left, an uncomfortable expression on her face as she did so.
 
I laughed as soon as the door was closed. Poor Kaline. She really hadn't wanted to tell me anything, but I had forced it all out of her. Of course, the subject we had discussed had been a sensitive one. Kaline had probably seen Kurama's eyes glow before, which would account for her sensitivity to the subject and her embarrassment.
 
Kaline would be embarrassed. She was rather naive at times, unlike myself. It would take the most drastic conversation to make me embarrassed.
 
'Well,' I thought deviously, going over to my dresser. 'If I'm going to twist Hiei around my little finger, I need to dress appropriately.' I pulled out a dark denim, mini skort and a blue-green, low-cut tank top that matched my eyes. Once I had changed into them, I left my room and went into the living room.
 
The living room was vacant except for Touya and Hiei. Through a window, I could see that Jin was still outside, but I had no clue where everyone else was. That didn't matter though. The only person I needed at the moment was Hiei.
 
When Hiei noticed me and what I was wearing, the look on his face was absolutely priceless. He seemed to be shocked and impressed at exactly the same time. His red eyes turned a few shades brighter as well.
 
"You look nice," Touya commented politely.
 
"Thank you. This is my favorite outfit," I replied sweetly and innocently as I sat down in a chair directly across from Hiei. "I love the colors, and it's really easy to take off... and put back on, of course." I smiled prettily then turned to Hiei, my smile not leaving my face for even a moment. "Hiei, you never did get to finish what you were about to tell me earlier. Would you like to continue where we left off?" My tone was one of pure naiveté. If there was something that Kaline had taught me incredibly well, it was how to look, act, and sound as innocent as a child.
 
The fire demon frowned slightly. "No. Not really."
 
I pouted just a little, knowing how cute the expression was on me. "Please? I remember how it started. It was something like 'how dare you...' I kind of missed the rest of it." I paused for a moment. "How dare I what? Did I cause one of your problems to get... bigger? Did I make your life harder?"
 
I was smiling on the inside, pleased that I could sound as naive as Kaline. The best thing was that Hiei obviously caught the double meanings of what I was saying very easily. I could tell just by watching the look in his eyes. Oh, how I loved phrases that could be taken more than one way.
 
"Aren't you going to answer?" I inquired coyly, leaning forward so I could rest my elbows on my knees and my chin in my palm. "You sounded rather angry, so I am surprised that you didn't finish what you were obviously supposed to do." I was betting that the fire demon would be nice and tell me exactly what I wanted to know. It wasn't like I wasn't subtly forcing him to.
 
Hiei turned his gaze away from me, his eyes flashing for a very brief moment. "I had been planning on saying how dare you call me a puppy dog," he answered after a moment.
 
"That's what you were about to say?" I gave him an innocent look. "You were upset about that?" I blinked, pretending to be surprised. "But puppy dogs are so cute, even though they often hide large packages..." I paused, smiling demurely. "Like extreme courage or a mean bite."
 
Hiei didn't seem to have anything to say to that, but Touya sure did look at me strangely. I merely giggled cutely at the fire demon. The poor guy was probably still expecting me to be angry at him for barging into my room. Truthfully, I wasn't happy about it, but considering recent developments, I could hardly stay mad at him.
 
With some kind of good-bye, Touya left the room, muttering about something or other that he needed to do. I wasn't quite sure why he had decided to leave, but I had a pretty-darn-good guess. Touya had probably gotten tired of listening to me play around with Hiei.
 
"Well, Hiei, are you going to talk to me, or has something got your tongue?"