Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation Time ❯ Chapter Twenty ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Twenty: Problems
 
Hiei's POV
 
"Well, Hiei, are you going to talk to me, or has something got your tongue?"
 
Of all the things for her to ask me, she had to ask me that. It was almost like she knew I couldn't help but do as she wished. I could resist for a while, but not for long.
 
Damn it all! I wasn't going soft... not on a human! I couldn't. So what if Cassie was beautiful, shapely... ARGH!! I mentally let loose a string of cuss words, furious at myself.
 
Ever since Cassie had come out of her room dressed in that... provocative clothing, my demon instincts had been going wild. It didn't help that so many of the things she had said could be taken the wrong way. Of course, she couldn't have intentionally said them. She acted so naive, and she was Kaline's best friend. That latter fact meant more than the first. If Kaline was so innocent, then her friends probably were as well, and there was no way that Cassie was going to be the exception.
 
Damn it! The first time I had seen her was at Kurama's graduation, and she had caused me to fall out of my tree. Every time I saw her, things just got worse. As for the annoying wind demon, well, he would stay away from my Cassie if he knew what was good for him.
 
'Wait a minute. My Cassie? I've gone insane. The idiot finally rubbed off on me,' I thought unhappily. 'She's a human. A HUMAN! Yet, my demon instincts keep insisting that she's supposed to be my mate. They even say I'm supposed to love her.' At that moment, I would have given anything to just get rid of those annoying instincts.
 
"Nothing has my tongue," I informed her, trying to keep my tone cold. It was hard, especially with the guilty feeling that always haunted me afterwards.
 
"Oh, good! I was beginning to wonder if you needed to exercise that barely- used muscle." She gave me an incredibly sweet smile that probably would have melted most men. "I'd be more than happy to help you exercise it... if it does need the exercise." She paused. "Unless you don't want to talk to me?"
 
Dear Kami! The girl was torturing me. How could she be so good at it when she obviously didn't even know that was doing it?!
 
I sighed. "What do you want to talk about?" 'If she wants to talk about Jin, I will punch that wind demon's face in, literally.'
 
Cassie brightened immediately, her eyes sparkling. "What do you think about the house? Do you like the say the bedrooms are set up?"
 
Nodding my head, I successfully stifled a groan. Did she just have to mention the bedrooms? "Yes." My reply was simple as my mind refused to work properly.
 
"Is your bedroom any different from mind? Can I see it?"
 
My eyes going very wide, I stood up and shook my head. "No." I moved to leave the room, knowing that I needed to get away from Cassie for a while. I had a bad feeling that my eyes were glowing.
 
"Where are you going?" she asked innocently, her blue-green eyes stared deep into mine, making it very hard for me to answer.
 
"Out."
 
"Oh... okay." She sounded sad, but there was nothing I could do about that. I had to leave before anything got out of hand. She was just way too tempting for me to resist for very long.
 
Without another look at her, I left the room. I went outside and began to walk to my tree.
 
My mood became dark once I was out of Cassie's presence, and Yusuke had the bad luck of running into me as I took my walk.
 
"Hey, Hiei," the raven-haired teen said. "What's the darker-than-usual look for? Do you have some kind of problem?"
 
That was it. I was in a bad mood, and Yusuke had picked the wrong thing to say to me at that moment. Glaring at him, I used my speed to my advantage as I punched him in the face before he knew what had happened to him.
 
"I'm sick of people mentioning my problems, alright?" I growled. 'I've got one big one right now... with Cassie's name written all over it,' I added mentally.
 
Someday, I was going to get that girl back for all the torture she was putting me through. At that moment though, I was only interested in sitting in my tree for a while.
 
I gave Yusuke one last glare before I walked to my tree and jumped into the high branches.