Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Who's Shuichi? ❯ Talking to Shori ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: - I repeated! I do not own Yu-Yu Hakusho!

A/N: - I have created chapter 3! And it's starting to get complicated for Mina!

Chapter3!

--------------------------------

By the time I took the cordless phone off the hook to answer it, Keiko had already left to see how the others were doing. I swallowed down hard with nervousness at what the subject might be. Every Kid at my school knew her since they went over her works after school because she'd give them free fags and alcohol (I'm kinda surprised she hasn't got the sack yet!).

So anything that I've done usually gets round to her before I even THINK about doing the 'crime'.

"Mina, sorry I'm going to late home again tonight. The boss thinks I'm slacking. *tutts* Anyways, I was wonder if you could do me a favour…"

I let out a sigh of relief. I wasn't going to be busted for forgetting to feed the next-door neighbour's cat (They were on holiday and the cat's well…I won't go into detail). Hang on…did she say she needed a favour?

"Yeah….I'm listening…." I replied flatly.

"Well, you see…Since I'm working late and my friend Shori wanted me to help her out clean out her kitchen and living room…I was wondering if you could do it for me. I would be so grateful!"

"What happened to her son? And that guy that she's seeing?"

"Her son's already helped her with upstairs, but he's out tonight and the other one won't get back till waaay past eleven - paperwork I was told. I've already told her that you would!"

"Jeeze thanks mum, *sighs* ok, at least it'll give me something to do for the evening"

"Thanks Mina…see you later!"

I hung the phone up and grabbed my coat before making my way over to Mrs Minamino's house. It was only a twenty minute walk from where I was so I wasn't too bothered about it.

I just didn't want the reaction I got when she opened the door and saw my swollen, heavily bruised eye which had completely closed up. A cut underneath had luckily clotted up.

"Mina! What happened? Did you get into a fight?" She fretted a bit as she ushered me in & sat me down on the stool. I joked.

"Air hockey Mrs Minamino, it's a lethal sport you know! - especially if you're playing with a complete baka" I mumbled the last words so that she couldn't hear.

"You should be more careful dear when playing competitive sports" She got the first-aid kit out from the top shelf and began to clean my eye up. It stung like hell!

A few minutes later we began to get all the kitchen equipment and started scrubbing the inside cupboards. Although my hands and knees were raw & sore, I didn't mind because I was having fun at the same time!

"It's a shame that my son hasn't met you yet, he would of liked your wittiness & personality…"

"R-Really? What's he like?" I started to blush. Wait, hold the phone! I'm blushing over some bloke who 'might' like me and I haven't met him yet!

She sat with her back leaning against the oven as I did the same (only I was next to the washing machine) and gave me her warmest smile. She must think the world of him for her to do that.

"I couldn't wish for a better son. He's kind, charming, polite and respectful towards others and me. He always tries to make sure that his dear old mum is ok before he even thinks of going out and he gives me a dozen roses every mother's day and birthday"

Woah…I think I've fallen for him hook, line & sinker! My cheeks tinged a light pink as I stammered.

"H-he must quite a-af-affectionate too by what you're telling me Mrs M-Minamino right?"

She gave me that look that saw right through what I was really asking.

"He is Mina, he is. It shows a lot in his gardening. I'm sure you two will get along quite well"

Dam. She knew my real question but she never answered it.

Well it was time we got back into the rhythm of cleaning and it took us five hours in addition of two extra hours just tidying her living room. (She asked me to come over tomorrow after school to start on it properly. YAY! I'll be able to hear more about her *swoons* son)

It was Half-past nine when I left, I had a cotton eye-patch over my head yet I was grinning like a Cheshire cat. Ok I admit I shouldn't be all girly-like over some boy I haven met but, *sighs* I wonder if he has brown hair or maybe blue like his mother?

Curses! I forgot to ask Mrs Minamino what his name was! I'll ask her tomorrow but for now I'll just go inside my house, check for messages on the answer machine and do myself something. I am starving! (And mum's snoring isn't helping me either)

Ou! There's a message! I pressed the play button.

'Um, Hi Mina. It's me Shuichi, I would to like to say that I'm deeply sorry for what happened this morning and I did call a few hours ago but your mother said that you were out. However I do believe you owe me a book since you threw mine the trash. Hope you feel better. Bye'

He has some nerve! Urrgh I HATE that boy! And he can forget me buying him a book because HE was the one who was being RUDE by ignoring me! Jerk.

I'm so glad Mrs Minamino doesn't have a son like that!

------------------------------------

A/N:- Now this seems interesting…..I wonder if she should find out the truth?

R+R please! n_n