Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Who's Shuichi? ❯ Elementals? I've got bigger things to worry about like...WAR! ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She said, "I've got to be honest,
You're wasting your time if you're fishin' around here."
And I said, "You must be mistaken,
I'm not foolin', this feelin' is real."
She said, "You've gotta be crazy!
What do you take me for? Some kinda of easy mark?"

"No, you've got wits,
You've got looks,
You've got passion,
But I swear that you've got me all wrong."
All wrong
All wrong
But you've got me

{bridge
I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier,
I'll be yours my dear
I'll belong to you
If you just let me through}

{Chorus
This is easy as lovers go.
So don't complicate it by hesitating.
This is wonderful as loving goes.
This is tailor-made,
What's the sense in waiting?}

I said, "I've got to be honest,
I've been waiting for you all of my life."
For so long I thought I was asylum bound,
But just seeing you makes me think twice.
And being with you here makes me sane.
I fear I'll go crazy if you leave my side.

"You've got wits,
You've got looks,
You've got passion,
But are you brave enough to leave with me tonight?"
Tonight
Tonight
You've got me

{bridge}
{chorus x3}
This is easy as lovers go. So
don't complicate it by hesitating.
This is wonderful as loving goes.
This is tailor-made, what's the sense in waiting?


Dashboard Confessional - As lovers go- Shrek 2

A/N:- ok, for some reason we can't do those separators ( - ) so uhhh, soz if it looks `all in one'. Chapter 19!! And yes I did write who's Shuichi but it got taken off by FF.Net! #sob# and now I have to write chapter 14 all over again cuz I can't find it T-T

But! I have the rest and these chapters! YAY!

Well, when you get past the mushy eyeballs and muscle pâté - it's not that bad, kinda tastes like chicken. Oh sorry, I didn't tell you! I fell asleep on Youko on the way to this temple #sweat drops# I got cosy so sue me. I'm in some sort of harem/dormitory where all the other various demonesses are either eating or trying to make themselves prettier.

I dunno what Youko told them but they've not turned and made me the next course meal - although they're not exactly friendly towards me that's for sure, the occasional scowl and spit in the face would be classed as custom. Even I've spat back and gave them the evil eye now and again.

Though there was one nice-ish demoness - funny enough she was a wolf-demon with floppy brown ears and a raggy white tail. Her amour suit was enough evidence to show that she had been in a few wars herself and her short black hair was swept over one of her pale cerulean eyes. She sat next to me in the desolate corner that the others had put me in. Her name was Kaina.

"So you're the Ningen that sly fox's been `studying' Mina, right?" she said, ripping into an arm, uncooked. I picked about at my cheesy liver.

"Not sure what you're on about with this `study' thing but yea; if anything, he keeps trying to do more than just `study'"

"Like what?"

"Well what would YOU expect from a sex-mad Yoko??"

"You didn't let him did you? You stupid, easy bitch"

#anime falls# "NO!! dam where are your brains? #sighs# anyways, why can't we go into the other room where the others are?"

Kaina, gnawing on the bones answered me, stifling a laugh that only a mother would do when it's child said something stupid yet humorous.

"Are you mad mina? During dinner/lunch/supper we never go into the same room as them! The only ones that do are the `entertainment' crew and that's because the guys want to relive their stress from the day of planning & such." She pointed to what I've classed Sui and her cronies as- sluts.

She continued, slinging the remaining bones at me (which put me off my gruel even more) "Besides, I can see that the Kitsune won't let you in - considering you're near enough mates an' all….."

I had no idea what she really meant by that.

"Mates? As in `friend' right? `cause back home I refer close pals as `mates'"

Okkkkkk…..she's now laughing her helmet off! What did I do??

"N-nO! #sniggers# I meant that you two were mates like back #snort# in your realm heh hehh you'd say you were engaged HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!"

#Face faults# you've….got to be kidding….me.

The laughter was soon cut short by an enchanting battle-cry that boomed for miles and miles around - the sort that you'd hear in Greek mythology, sirens? Maybe mixed with the sounds of Zulu drums. That sort.

A weasel Youkai (those guys are REALLY dodgy looking with their midget of a nose and snivelling, conniving traits) burst into the harem.

"Masters Youko, Kaji and Mizu summons all warriors and fighters to the temple's viewing bastion just by the main grounds over looking the eastern terrain. Well come along now! They haven't got all day!!"

"Ah put a sock in it Jinko ass-kisser" I heard Kaina growl as she geared up and got moving. I was ordered to go to Youko Immediately.

[At the temple's bastion]

"SHIT! They're declaring war on all of us??" One of the guards panicked. I'm still confused let alone shitting myself! I'm too young to go to war!! War always results in getting captured and/or getting dirty with whilst looking bewildered at some person getting impaled on a spike - well that happened in that history film we watched in school.

"Lord Kaji" Jinko bowed rather lowly at his feet as he presented commander Kaina through the bustle and commotion that was going on.

"Thank you Kaji - Kaina, I need you to choose some of your best men to go scouting the area with, we believe that Tsuchi - governor of earth is skulking around, just outside the central sector of Demare - north of Makai. I'll send out a few more to scout out other areas whilst Youko and Mizu strategise on the best possible action we can take"

"Yes my lord" Kaina saluted, thumping her chest in respect before gathering her troops and walking out of the fortress. Is anyone just as confused as me? Or am I the only one?

I was shoved towards Youko by Jinko.

"Youko? If I may be so bold….who's Tsuchi? Why do you think it's war? Can you please take your hand off my arse?" I asked, glaring at the perpetrator's hand. He reluctantly pulled it away- he pouted almost childishly.

"Of course it's war! You can tell by the different tones in Aria's battle cry; normally when she sings it has that clam, serene sentiment." Youko tweaked his ears to pick up the sound. "This however, I would say that they're either VERY pissed off or fed up over the fact that their staff has been taken."

Wow….#starry-eyed# he's good! I placed myself close to the walls, looking down and outward towards a faint glow in the distance. Could that be Tsuchi? I couldn't help but dread what lay before me as more screams filled the sullen air. I hope Kaina and her crew know what they're doing - As much as I'll be glad that they'll be less demons to look at me as some fresh meat; It's madness to send them out into the unknown!

"They'll be fine Ningen, Kaina's a telepath so she'll keep in touch" I heard Lord Kaji, a demon that although in human form, still had left some of his traits - like long, bear like nails/claws and round ears…..oh and a bad temper in the morning!

"Thanks, it's nice to know that they'll be looked after" Meaning that they had Kaina as a general - not him being a wonderful lord #sweatdrops#

He slinked away on hearing a certain jealous fox's growl, trying his hardest not to laugh.

Youko yanked me back down into corridors, with Mizu following behind. What did I do now?? They're not gonna make some sort bait out of me are they??

"What was that all about hmm??" He said whilst glaring at me viciously. What's his deal?? I was concerned about the others dammit!

"What have you got your tails in a twist for?? I'm merely worried about Kaina and her lot! What were you thinking?"

I snapped my arm back, almost making the guy behind him flinch slightly. I wonder what he's thinking? How about `boy is Youko gonna get his ass whooped!' well, I hope that's what he's thinking….

Youko growled "I was thinking along the line of: ` My woman is getting all pally-soft with a assshole that's what."

"Your woman??? I'm your woman?? I'm barely sixteen and you're already claming me?? Who the hell died and made you emperor??" I huffed and stormed off, flailing my arms about like some crazed banshee on a high dose of Pepsi. Who does he think he is!?

"I'm Youko the lord of thieves and saviour to women everywhere" Smirking like a Cheshire cat as I turned the next corner, into the dorm where I had my lunch.

Hang on…He's done it AGAIN!!!

"Will you stop with the mind reading?? Jeeze is nothing sacred around here…."

"Your beauty is"

"Oh give it a rest Youko - you're not getting laid and that's it"

"It was worth a shot"

"I give up"

He is hot an' all but he's so perverted! He's worse than Yusuke on a bank holiday. I was starting to really miss those guys; even though I've been here for about three/four days now (and I'm surprised I've lasted this long too!) and I guess I've made a few `false-friends', I just doesn't match or even come close to being home. #sniffles# aw crap…I'm getting #sniffles# all emotional.

I bawled my eyes out as I sat by a broken window. I don't usually do this honest! I-I must of got something in my eye that's all.

"Mina? You ok?"

It was Youko. He seemed as if my crying threw him back a bit, y'know; like when you think you've figured someone out and then suddenly they do something to throw you off balance.

He sat down next to me (his tails wagging friendly may I add) I tried to study my half-hidden face.

I stared at him puzzled.

"What are you doing?"

"It's not just your friends you miss back home am I correct?"

I nodded half-heartily.

"It's…..that boy back at the temple huh?"

Is he referring to Kurama? I can't tell him that!

"No, no, it's just that I miss my mum that's all."

I knew he saw that lie but why spoil the moment?

Youko sat behind me and pulled me into a warm hug. #starry-eyed# Ouuu let's count how many muscles he's got on his arms! Hee hee….

"I….apologise for assuming that you of all humans were interested in Kaji"

"It's alright, you were just being you that's all."

He held me tighter and slumped his tails onto my lap.

"Mina? Can you do me a favour?"

I have a funny feeling about this…..

"What?"

"Stroke my tails - they itch" A sly grin crept on his eager face

#face faults#

"Oh no you don't! I know what's gonna happen if I even BREATHE on those things! No I'm not touching it!"

"Aww C'mon! Touch it! It's completely safe!"

"Safe my ass!"

"Ahem, when we're quite finished with `fore play' I would like to speak to Youko please"

Shit! I hardly noticed that Lord Mizu had suddenly walked into the lunch dorm unannounced! Oh my god he must of - Oh dear lord what have I got myself into….#Blushing bright red#

I hope Youko's happy - he seems to be `ecstatic' anyways. 1-0 to the Kitsune!

Bastard.

Only 20 minutes after those two left did I hear something creaking up the walls - sounded like rustling leaves or something…must me the wind.

I got up to walk out….only to find that whole room was covered in greenery!

Is Ami back? Did the decorators just come in? or did Youko think it would be fun to tie me up in his `pet vine?'

"Ah…A Ningen….I was hoping to catch a Kitsune but I guess you'll do…."

"Who said that? Youko if that's you mimicking Ami….I swear you'll never even get a whiff of my bed sheets!"

It was a woman….green skin, emerald eyes….thick sea green, wavy hair with a crown made of pink roses…..she was staring at me bored. She wore the type of dress you'd see a pregnant medieval, aristocrat woman would shove on. Is everything green with this lady??

Some bulky vines wrapped around me, constricting me of any movement. #sarcastic# Youko would just love to see me like this.

"Ningens…such funny little creatures. Why Hiyama takes interest in you lot baffles me. Oh I'm sorry, I'm Tsuchi, The Earth Maiden - an elemental for those of low I.Q such as yourself"

What the hell?? Is she calling me stupid??? I have you know I got 10% in my science test! Pretty cool huh?

"Um, where are you taking me? And what for? I've done nothing at all!" I asked as we scaled down the wall just as sneakily as she slithered in. And you know the worst part? I've just been gagged with leeks! Eugh!!

"My neck of the woods silly, and eye for an eye I always say…."

"Mmmf Mu Muff?" [What the fuck?]

"Yes My hair is natural"

"Numumuf" [Idiot]

"I'm sure that by taking you, someone out there, may it be those spirit detectives or those Youkais - I'll get back the staff either way."

Spirit detectives? If that's the case then….I might see Kurama again!

But what about Youko? What if I don't see him again either?

I'm confused.

A/N:- Poor Mina….. If only she knew….and will she see her friends again? R+R please!