Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Worthless Onna ❯ Visions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A month has passed since your transformation and you've become accustomed to your new power and strength. Every day you learn a new attack it seems, but you know there's always a downside. Still the nightmares from your past persist, and they grow longer and more vivid. In your dream there appeared to be war going on between two clans of wolf and kitsune, both very similar to your form. There were two that stood out above all, a male wolf and a female kitsune, who faced their clans and appeared to be arguing. The clans' leaders looked on them both with disgust and their packs hissed and growled at them, and the only thing said you heard throughout the dream were the two leaders yelling something like:
"How can you disgrace your clan like this? They are the enemy! Interbreeding will only lead to chaos and destruction! I will not allow this!"
Afterwards the two only smiled at each other and the wolf leader growled and directed an attack towards the kitsune. The wolf blocked the attack and fell to one knee, but the kitsune comforted him and they nodded and fled. The clans were gaining on them when they finally disappeared into a vortex. And then...

You woke up.

Every time would contemplate over what it meant and why they looked like you, but in the end you knew nothing. You were to discover on your own what creature you were and what you were capable of. So far you had realized the weather depended on your emotions and you had gained abilities of the kitsune and, strangely, even some wolf.

For now you woke up clutching your head and sighed as you jumped from the couch and walked out to the lake. You look around before stripping and wade into the middle of the lake, shivering from the cold. You're overrun with a tingling sensation of relief as the water rocks you, and after you adjust to the temperature you dive under. You smile at the blue-green majesty of the water before surfacing and heading out for a towel. You had one wrapped around you and as you walked down the hall you dried your hair, ears, and tail. And now, ever since your transformation your style had changed to loose and baggy. You wore baggy black jeans with a zipper or two and a black hoodie with a picture of two stick figures standing over a dead body, and both pointed at each other saying, "HE DID IT!" You smirked and combed your hair, placing strands over your kitsune ears, and pulled over hood before heading to school. You were still caught up in your dream as you walked, making the weather dreary with mist and rain, but in the end you sighed and began jumping into puddles. You smiled a little and looked up at the sky, but suddenly you didn't feel water hitting your face and opened your eyes to find a green umbrella hovering over you. A boy no older than you held it, though much taller, with long bright red hair that spiked out a little at the sides, and he had intense emerald eyes.
He smiled warmly at you, "You shouldn't stand in the rain like this, wouldn't want to catch a cold," he said beaming.
You only blinked at him; annoyed he'd ruined your fun, and your eyes instantly flashed silver under your hood and lightning cracked far off in the sky. Your face burned red and you gave a quick bow and left him, relieved your hood had hidden your eyes from him. Still, the thought of his bright hair and everything's-peachy attitude scared you a little. Afterwards you stopped by your locker and looked around and saw you were alone. You closed your eyes and concentrated on all the water dripping from you and felt it evaporate into the air. Satisfied, you walked to your homeroom class and sat near the back and pulled out your mp3. You put the two earpieces in, with some difficulty, and you drowned out throughout class.
You were still caught up in the song when two boys walk into the classroom and, noticing one of them as the redhead, took out an earpiece. Mr. Kobayashi explained they were new students whose names were Shuichi Minamino and Hiei Jaganshi. What stood out most about Hiei was his shortness; he was at least two inches shorter than you, and then his hair, which denied the laws of gravity. It was tall, spiky, and outlined in blue with a white starburst in the center above his bangs. A white bandanna was tied around his forehead over his crimson eyes, and he wore tight black pants, a black cloak over his shoulders, and a white scarf hung around his neck. At his hip, surprisingly, sheathed a katana, and despite his death glares Mr. Kobayashi took it from him and the class laughed. He calmed them down announcing someone must guide them through the school and you rolled your eyes and put the earpiece back in as all the girls raised their hands. Hiei glared at them in disgust, but Shuichi had spotted you and smiled.
"Him," he said pointing at you.
Once you noticed you blinked and removed the earpiece, "Wha?" you mumbled, and Mr. Kobayashi jumped at this chance to pick on you. You grumbled after he explained and let out a grunt, "Fine."
/Oh, joy./
Class flew by and you sighed as you walked with Shuichi and Hiei as the bell rang. "All right. Lemme see your schedules." And after skimming them over you felt your eye twitch and a lightning cracked outside, which made the two jolt. You stuttered, "Eh, well looks like you both are in my next class too, uh, we better hurry then." And they nodded, but Hiei seemed suspicious. He and Shuichi walked ahead, and for a moment you swore you saw a green aura rising out of them. Your vision went back to normal when you walked into science, and since Ms. Yamada was the least strict of teachers she let you sit on the windowsill. The wind was refreshing, and you smiled noticing the rain had left.
/Guess this means I've calmed down.../ You thought, sighing. Once again, though, you felt someone's eyes on you, finding it to be none other than Hiei. /What's his problem?/ You only began to wonder before looking out the window and shrugging it off. Class was still uneventful, butsuddenly your ears started twitching. Far off you could barely hear it, but there were two cries.

One wolf. One kitsune.