Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Worthless Onna ❯ Intrigue ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Waking up the next day you quickly changed before walking out to the track. You ran continuously in the huge circle before collapsing from exhaustion on a bench. You stopped momentarily for water, but always got up for more. Since you had woken up so early, you didn’t have to worry about making breakfast yet, so you ran for another hour before returning to take a shower. You got in and out, quickly pulling on your clothes afterwards.
You were relieved to find the others weren’t awake yet and walked into the kitchen. Your eyes widened, however, coming upon Kurama struggling to make breakfast.
“What do you think you’re doing?”
“Oh, Amaya, you’re awake. Well I’m making breakfast...” he said weakly.
“Like hell you are! You get your poisoned ass back to the infirmary and rest NOW,” you demanded scooting him out.
After scolding and helping back, you returned to find everyone awake and complaining.
“Where’s breakfast?” Yusuke and Kuwabara whined.
/Great, Kurama, just great.../ you thought glaring as you walked into the kitchen. You made an equally delicious meal of French toast, sorted fruits, eggs, bacon, and sausage, with either orange juice or milk. Everyone left cleaning duty on you this time, and after you finished you noticed one plate left. /Oh yeah, I almost forgot./ You thought picking up the plate and walking back to the infirmary.
“Bet the food sucks around here,” you said as Kurama noticed you enter.”Here, hope you like it. Yusuke and Kuwabara do, but I don’t think I should be proud of that. They’ll eat anything...” you said handing the plate and glass to Kurama.
He chuckled and took a bite, “It’s delicious.”
Blushing, you smirked and stayed until he’d finished. “Heh, thought you were miserable in here. I’ll be back later with lunch,” you said waving.
As time passed before lunch everyone trained and it became harder for you to keep up. Still, hours flew and everyone was supposedly having a good time kicking ass. Except Kuwabara, who lost countless times, and you, who couldn’t even defeat Hiei. You hated seeing that smirk on his face, but knowing you might lose control again you sighed and shook his hand.
“You’re one hell of a fighter, Jaganshi. I’ll beat you one day, though, that’s a promise.”
Hiei smirked. “Very doubtful.”
This only caused you to tackle him and lead to more bruising. Regardless, late afternoon came and you returned home to shower and change. Afterwards you cooked lasagna for lunch, retrieving the last plate and walking to the infirmary with the others. Everyone wished Kurama well and chatted until he’d finished eating, returning to watch a movie in the common room. You, however, decided to go out for a walk.
Soon you found yourself in a very familiar part of the forest. It was, for those same fox kits tackled you to the ground suddenly.
“You get me every time,” you laughed as they licked your face. The mother came out from the brush soon afterward, walking up and purring next to you. “Hey Vix,” you said, noticing that while you petted her she looked just as vulnerable as you had been that time with Yoko. Pushing the thought aside, you gave a weak smile. “So is it okay if I take them out to play?” you asked. She nodded. The two kits leaped for joy as you walked down the path, both playing with your tail the whole way. You reached the clearing with the lake and swing and the two kits ran at the lake and jumped in with you coming after. You stayed at the lake for hours swimming and playing on the tire swing before you knew it was time to head back. You walked with them back to their mother and squatted before them. “Now I’ll see you guys later, alright? For now go with your mother to the caves, it’s going to storm badly tonight,” you said standing. You petted them as they asked “How do you know?” you smiled and lifted up your hood “Just call it a sixth sense.”With that, your eyes flashed silver from underneath your hood and it started to rain and lightning cracked behind you as you walked back home.

You continued walking home in the rain, your feet splashing in each puddle along the way. You felt each rain drop vibrate as it landed on the forest floor with a loud splash. As if the rain had put you in a trance, you shook your head back into reality as a pair of two very familiar amber eyes were seen in the tree above you. It was none other than Hiei and, seeing you had spotted him, he jumped down from the branch before you.
“What are you doing here?” you asked slightly panting from running.
“Hn. You’re the one who left without a word. You hadn’t come back so I came here to tell you that...” he started but was cut off as you put your arm around his neck in a headlock.
“Awww, the little fire demon was worried about me? Well ain’t that the cutest thing,” you teased with a laugh as you noogied him.
“GET OFF ME, ONNA!” Hiei practically snarled and you released him still trying to contain your laughter. Pushing you away from him, he brushed off imaginary dust, giving an icy glare. “Baka. Look, I only came here to tell you that Kurama has been released out of the infirmary. I never said I was worried over such a pathetic kitsune,” Hiei yelled, disappearing into the bushes.
You gave one last chuckle at seeing him storming off, amused by his reddened face. Although, unbeknownst to you, it wasn’t out of fury.