Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Written In the Stars ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Written In the Stars

Epilogue

Arella raced through the streets back to Genkai's temple, a huge smile spread across her face. It had been a few weeks since Genkai had taken the girl into her home and much had happen during that short time.

Aunt Maura had suddenly come to the realization that Arella was no longer living in her home and the moment she had seen her on the street, walking back home from school, demanded that she return at once. Arella had refused and quickly told the psychic of what had happened. The next day, Genkai had paid Aunt Maura a visit, her, Yusuke, and the others watching from a nearby window while the two women talked business. The conversation between the two of them seemed pretty stiff for a while, but soon, Genkai had said something, which caused a look of complete and utter horror to spread across the other woman's face.

Both Yusuke and Arella were on the ground in fits of hysterical laughter. To see the look of terror on her face, it made Aunt Maura appear as though she were some kind of rat. To them, it was truly a sight to behold.

As soon as Genkai left the house, the others started to follow, Aunt Maura standing by the door, watching for a few moments before she regained her voice, "If you think I'm going to continue to pay for that tramp's education, you are sadly mistaken! You'll have to pay for it on your own and so you know, that school is quite expensive! She'll probably have to go back to her old school!"

A chill had traveled down her spine at the thought of returning to her old school. The idea of returning to all of her former bullies, of having to deal with the jeers, cruelty, and taunts of the other students sent waves of sheer panic though her.

Three days after the incident though, a miracle happened. The janitor she had spoken too only a month before when she had been hiding from Kurama had a son who was a music teacher at the school. He had approached her during one of her classes and had asked if she would be interested in applying for a scholarship program he had started. It would allow her to continue going to Mieou High, paying for her tuition in full as long as she was willing to play her choice instrument for the school in competitions, concerts, and such.

Of course, she agreed, but she had to play before him and the other teachers to see if she would qualify. She had one week to practice before her audition and everyday after school, she would go into the old music room and practice until her fingers were numb. What surprised her most was when she came out of the building and saw Kurama standing there, waiting for her. He would wait for her every single day that she stayed after school to practice. On the night before her performance, she took him aside, knowing she would have to explain the consequences of what could happen either of them should one die prematurely. She had not been thinking of that when she had allowed herself to fall off the tower. It wasn't until while she was falling that she realized how badly she could have hurt him. She had been overcome with guilt afterwards and knew that she would have to tell him sooner or later of the risks.

"Some go into this deep depression they can't be taken out of. Others could start to slowly go insane. In the end though, they all commit suicide." Arella explained while she held Kurama's hand in her own, "That was one of Morfran's favorite methods of torture for a lot of Angels he captured. He would kill one in front of the other and then leave them here with a dagger, rope, or even with the very weapon he used. He'd come back to their cell five days later and the other Angel would be dead. My mother…when my father died was one of the rare few to survive. I don't know how or why she did or where she got the strength. All I know was that she was somehow able to overcome it and move on somehow. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this before. I know I should have, but with all that happened, it slipped my mind completely. I should have warned you before the fight, at least then you would have been prepared. I wasn't thinking when I fell off that tower. If I had, I wouldn't have done something that stupid and worried you the way I did! I'm so sorry."

It was obvious that she was angry with herself as well as ashamed. She couldn't bear to look at him as a few stray tears made their way down her face.

Kurama had looked at Arella, and saw that the guilt was trying to eat at her heart. He reached over and wiped the tears that were beginning to leak from her eyes away with his thumb. He then took a deep breath, and allowed his hand to rest on hers. "Arella," he began softly. "Regardless of what could have happened... if I'd lost you... nothing would have really prepared me for that moment. I don't know what I would have done... or what would have happened with Morfran."

Kurama gently squeezed her hand, raised it to his lips and kissed it. He watched as his words and his eyes entranced her. She hadn't even noticed the rose in his hand, until he caressed her cheek with it. "The only thing I know for certain, is that I care for you... love you with all my heart. And I will do everything in my power to protect you from harm... and cherish every moment we have together."

Hearing those words made Arella's spirit soar and by the afternoon of the audition, she didn't feel the least bit nervous. She remembered as she took her place at the piano, knowing that she could do this. That she could give the performance of her life and get the scholarship and that is exactly what she did. She poured her heart and soul into the selected pieces and waited the decision of the judges.

When they told her the scholarship was hers, a smile had spread across and had run out of the school with a newfound energy. Now she was on her way back to the temple to tell the others of her success.

"Hey, bitch."

Arella stopped in her tracked and looked over her shoulder to see her cousins coming towards her, a look of bitter fury on their faces.

"I don't know what the hell that old lady said to our mother, but it's gotten her real shaken up. I think it's time that we finish you off once and for all," Adara growled before pulling out a switchblade from her pocket.

Arella turned around completely and just looked at them for a few moments, completely calm and still before she said in a soft voice, "Go ahead."

Tamma was the first to attack, running straight towards her, hand in a fist, ready to strike, but fell flat on her face as Arella performed a sweep kick before following though with a palm strike to the girl's nose. Tamma let out a cry of pain, coving up her now bloody nose with her hands before running off in tears.

Aulii was the next to attack, ready to throw a punch, but as before, Arella was prepared for it. She grabbed the girl's wrist and twisted her arm, kicking her in the face with an inside crescent kick. Aulii stammered back a few feet once Arella had let go and quickly followed her sister's example.

Now all that was left of the sisterly trio was Adara. She glared at Arella with fury in her eyes, moving the switchblade expertly in her hand. The two circled each other before Adara finally made the first move, the blade aimed for Arella's heart. The half Angel swiftly stepped to the side and the opponent's jaw with a elbow strike, following it though with a knee strike to Adara's stomach and then twisting her arm behind her back, making her cry out in pain.

"I am only going to say this once. Leave me alone, I never want to see you or again for as long as I live, do you understand me? If you don't, I maybe forced to take lethal action and since it would be considered self defense, I don't believe I would get in much trouble for it," Arella said n a cool voice.

"Go to hell," Adara growled, which only caused Arella to twist her arm even more until it was near breaking point. "All right!" She screamed, "All right! You won't ever see us again! Just let me the hell go!"

Arella merely nodded and released the girl, who glared at her for a moment before running off to join her sisters. A grin of triumph crossed her face before she turned back around and continued to head on to the temple.

As she continued to walk onward, she paused for a moment as she saw Kurama standing a few yards in front of her. Standing behind him were Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei. She smiled and walked towards the others, stopping in front of them and looked at each of them as they smiled at her. "How long have you guys been here?" she asked.

"Long enough," said Kurama softly as he reached down to take her hand in his own. "Long enough." At his touch, Arella smiled and Kurama responded the same.

"Yeah, we were definitely here for the part where you smashed that tramp's face in!" said Kuwabara excitedly. "That was beautiful!"

"Her grace and execution could use a little polishing, but other than that, it was fine," said Hiei emotionlessly as he stood against the school wall with his arms folded across his chest. Arella smiled slightly at Hiei, knowing it was the best praise she could ever hope to get from him.

"Yeah, we knew you could handle yourself," said Yusuke. "Now, whattaya say we head home?"

Arella smiled and nodded. "Yeah, let's go home." And with that, the Spirit Detectives started on to the temple, the team stronger than it had ever been before.

Author's Note: First of all, I want to thank my best friend and fellow author, Moonchampion. Without you, this fic would have been finished. Thank you so much for everything. Another thanks goes out to everyone who has read and reviewed this fic. You're support has meant so much to me the last few months and you're patients has even been more amazing. I know you all have been waiting far to long for this. Thank you all so very much for everything.

Now, now for the moment you have all been waiting for, the surprise I have talked about for sometime. There will be a sequel to this story. It won't be an ordinary sequel though; it will be a crossover fic with DBZ. It's my first attempt at a crossover, so please be kind and for any of you Hiei fans out there, he will be getting love interest in this.

I also have a request to ask of you all. For any of you who are interested in an anime called Weiss Kreuz (Also known as Knight Hunters), I just started an RPG based on it and I could really use some players. I've only heard from one person that's joined so far, but that's it. If you're interested or know someone who might be interested, here is the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WeissKreuzHuntersOfTheNight/

If the link does not work, please inform me and I will E-mail it to your or whatnot. Anyway, I am also working on a Weiss Kreuz fan fic and I could really use a beta reader (and possible co-author) as well. If you are interested, please E-mail me or put something in your review.

If you guys do one or even both of these small things for me, I promise I will put up the first two chapters of the sequel by the first week of November, does that sound good to you all? I know I'm asking for much, but I really want people in this RPG and I would like someone to beta read the fic and as they say, desperate times call for measures. So, *gets on her knees before you all*, please, please, please join. You don't have to if you don't want to, but I really need people in this! Thank you all again.