Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Written In the Stars ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Written In the Stars

Prologue

She had just walked though the door of her home, having finished her evening walk with her pet fox when it happened.

She looked out the window of the living room, admiring the peaceful and starry night while she held the small animal. The peace was destroyed though when a blood curdling scream pierced though the air.

The small fox had leaped out of the girl's arms and stayed by her side as she ran up to her mother's room to see what had happened.

What the girl saw next was something that would haunt her for the rest of her life. On the ground, lay her mother, covered from head to toe in her own blood.

The girl was by her mother's side in an instant to see if she was still alive. When she saw that she was still breathing, the girl tried as best she could to cover her mother's wounds, but there were so many and her life was slowly starting to slip away.

She quickly grabbed the phone from the nightstand and called for an ambulance.

"Mom, wake up. Please wake up," the girl pleaded, cradling her mother in her arms.

The woman slowly opened her eyes and smiled at her daughter weakly.

"Don't worry my dear, all will be well," she said in a weak voice.

"There's an ambulance on the way, mom, you'll be fine," the girl told her mother as she kept her hands tightly on whatever wounds she could cover.

A sudden gust of wind caught the girl's attention, causing her to look up and see something very strange, but also something she would never forget.

Though the window, had flown a girl sitting on a oar that had blue hair and pink eyes. The cheery look on her face disappeared when she saw the tragic scene before her and tear made it's way down her cheek.

A spirit guide, the girl thought, She wants to take my mom away from me.

"Please don't take her away!" the girl pleaded, "Please don't! Take me instead!"

"Shhhh. Don't worry my daughter. Please remember that I love you, that I will always love you," her mother whispered to her, her eyes closing and her head falling to the side.

"No, mom! Wake up, please wake up," the girl cried, shaking her mother by the shoulders, trying to get her to regain consciousness.

The girl then felt a quickly breeze blow against her face. Her head snapped up and she saw the blue haired girl leaving though the window in which she had came, her mother's soul with her.

"No! Please!" the girl screamed, looking on in shock while she held her mother's body.

The paramedics had arrived five minutes after that. They had done everything they could to try and save the girl's mother, but in the end, all of their efforts had been for nothing. The girl's mother was dead.

From that day on, the girl's life would never be the same and would soon lead to a chain of events which would change her life forever.