Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yokos' Way of Matchmaking ❯ The Park ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Yokos’ Way of Matchmaking
Midnight Princess
A pressie for my fav lady, x-aiden-x.
Warning: Shounen ai, Hiei may be OOC (Im not sure though).
Disclaimer: Obviously I don’t own Yu Yu Hakusho or its characters, if I did Kuwabara wouldn’t exist, Yusuke and Koenma, and Hiei and Kurama would be couples.
---------------
5.
It had been a week since the picnic and Kurama had yet to see Hiei again, he was starting to get worried. He knew Hiei could take care of himself but something had been bothering him to the point of distraction. It wasn’t like him at all. Neither of the other teammates had seen him.

Sighing for what must have been the millionth time Kurama looked at his window, wanting desperately to see Hiei sitting in the tree outside.

Hiei sat up a tree in the park not far from where they had been sitting on their picnic, his eyes glued to the spot as memories flooded into his head. “What are you doing this for?” Hiei questioned, Yoko smiled innocently at him making Hieis heart stop dead that was the same smile Kurama would use when he’d pretend not to notice that he was teasing him. Yoko leaned in close his hot breath caressed Hieis ear causing shivers to run down his spine. “That’s why.” A shudder ran up his spine just like it had then. Damn that fox!

If he were honest with himself he would admit that he liked it when Yoko took over, at least he got some attention from Kurama, even if it wasn’t from all of him. Shaking his head he drew his thoughts away from Kurama and everything related to him. An ear-piercing scream caught his attention, turning he watched a little boy chasing his sister with some form of insect only to be scolded by his mother. Hiei smirked as the child pouted at his mother.

Kurama energy was approaching the park and Hieis heart stopped, the idea of seeing the fox exciting something in him. Deciding he’d rather watch the fox he masked his energy and sat higher in the tree.

Kurama walked through the park totally oblivious to the small fire demons’ ruby eyes watching his every move. He had hoped to find Hiei here and see how he was going and if everything was ok. ‘Maybe he got bored with you.’ Yoko laughed he had been having a lot of fun taunting Kurama, he had barely stopped since the second day, and Kurama suspected that he was influencing his dreams again of late. It wasn’t like it would have been the first time.

Kurama found a bench near a small pond in the middle of the park and sat down. He was trying to think of where he could find Hiei, although it was a rather hard thing to do with the Yoko showing him scenes from the recent dreams. Finally, after a few moments of silently arguing with the fox, Kurama stood up and shouted “STOP IT!”

Meanwhile, Hiei was up in his tree enjoying the show. He mentally laughed at the site of his fox yelling at himself. His curiosity peaked at what could have riled Kurama up enough that he’d have lost his temper and made such a display. Thinking about the Yokos’ taunting ways brought his own encounters to mind. The only time Kurama had seemed remotely interesting him had been when Yoko was in control and it didn’t seem that Kurama knew about it.

He wanted to believe that somewhere in Kurama there were feelings for him but because of the way Kurama was around him made him loose hope of ever becoming anything more than a friend to the rather sexy fox. Hiei leaned a little further from the branch he was on to get a better look but, as fate would have it, he leaned too far and lost his grip. He fell to the ground with a loud ‘THUD’.Kurama turned around just in time to see Hiei land on his rear…. hard. He was instantly by Hiei’s side, making sure there were no injuries. Ask him if he need you to rub it to make it feel better. The Yoko taunted. Kurama just ignored the last comment and tended to Hiei. “Are you alright?” He asked concern lacing his voice as he tried to get a better look at the rather unwilling and embarrassed koorime. “Hn, I’m fine.” Hiei shrugged the foxs hand off his shoulder and stood up.

Kurama looked up at the tree confused he didn’t understand how Hiei could have fallen he was always very sure footed. “What were you doing?” “Nothing. Just…passing through. I gotta go.” Hiei dusted himself off and turned to flit away, he couldn’t believe his rotten luck he hadn’t wanted to be seen.

Kurama started in the direction of Hieis retreating energy. ‘He was hiding his energy Shuichii, maybe he doesn’t like you anymore.’ Yoko laughed, although we was concerned, he had seen the unsure look in Hieis eyes and the way he was trying to avoid them. Kurama frowned, why would Hiei hide his energy from him?

--------------------------
Midnight Princess: First off, huge hug and kisses to x-aiden-x for a lot of help with this chapter, she wrote some of it coz I had major writers block. You are a lifesaver sweetheart, thankyou soooo much.

Hiei may be somewhat out of character in this chapter I have meant him to be this way, I actually need him a little out of character for some of the stuff I have in mind for the next chapter, speaking of the next chapter it will be a little while before I post it because I want to get the Yusuke Koenma fic finished along with the Karasu Kurama/ Hiei Kurama fic, so please be patient.

If anyone wishes you can pm/email me and make suggestions or whatever, just have the subject as something to do with ffn so I know what it is.

I hope you enjoyed and please review.