Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "Friends" ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I walked out my front door and slammed it behind me. I didnt feel like listening to Eileen,a.k.a my foster mother, rant on about me being useless. I tugged at the most annoying school uniform ever. I for one, didnt like skirts or dresses. I personalized the uniform the best I could with chains and safety pins all over the skirt and not wearing the stupid yellow collar or jacket that came with it. I played with the many bracelettes that were going up both of my arms. One in particular I liked the best though because Shuichi gave it to me. I smiled at the thought of my best friend.
"Mizuki! Mizuki! Hold on!" a familiar voice called from behind me.
I turned around to see Shuichi trying to catch up to me. I stopped to wait for him.
"Hurry up you snail! I hate waiting!" I yelled at him, making him run a little faster.
He smiled once he caught up. We walked to school in silence.
"Mizuki, we will be having new students today." Shuichi said walking up the school steps.
I looked at him questionably.
"How do you know that? We haven't even walked in the damn building yet." I asked him as I walked through the door he was politely holding open for me.
"And you know something else? you're a door mat." I added at the end.
Shuichi laughed at my daily ranting.
"First off, I know we are having new students because they are friends of mine from a different school, and second, I'm not a door mat, I am just a gentleman." he answered with a smile.
I smiled at him and shook my head as we walked through the door of our first period class, Algebra. I sat down in my usual back corner seat as shuichi sat next to me. He pulled out his green notebook and started writing what was on the board. I yawned and layed my head down on the desk and fell into a half-awake state.
"You know, you would be getting a better grade in here if you paid attention." Shuichi whispered to me like he does EVERYDAY.
"Hn. When in life are we really going to need freakin' scientific notation?" I stated and smacked my head back down on the desk. A few minutes past when i heard a loud smack on the corner of my desk. I jumped up at the noise and looked up. I scowled when I saw it was Mr. Stark looking down at me with a yard stick in his hand that he slapped my desk with.
"What?" I said rudely as he continued to glare at me.
Mr.Stark and I did NOT like eachother what so ever. He was a fat, short, and annoying teacher!
"I would very much enjoy if you paid attention!" he yelled as he walked back to the board.
He then went back to writing about useless algebra.
"Bite me" I mummbled, but of course he heard me and turned around, with a hateful expession plastered on his face.
Luckily I was saved by the door opening and 3 boys walked in. The teacher forgot about me and smiled at the boys.
"Class, I would like you to meet the new students. Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Hiei!" he said acting all chipper.
I looked at them to see one with slicked back hair, Yusuke, one with pale orange hair, Kuwabara, and one with gravity-defying spiky black hair, Hiei. I grinned as I looked at Hiei up and down. He was wearing all black and had crimson eyes. ~Wow...he kinda reminds me of a vampire...hot~ is all I thought as the teacher went on and on with the school welcoming speech.
"well now, I suppose you can all take the seats by Shuichi and....Mizuki." Mr,Stark said my name with hatred and annoyance.
I just smirked back at him. The boys took their seats. Kuwabara in front of me, yusuke on the other side of Shuichi and Hiei in front of shuichi, diagonal from me. I didnt want that big oaf in front of me though. I glared at the back of Kuwabara's head, but then he turned around and I grimaced.
"hey there cutey. I'm kuwabara." he said holding out his hand. I put on a sweet face and went to shake his hand, but then my face turned into a smirked and I smacked the side of his head.
"Dont talk to me you baka." I said to him.
I turned to Shuichi and gave him a disappointed look.
"I cant believe you're friends with that!" I said pointing to kuwabara who was now slouching and looking up ahead at the board.
Shuichi just chuckled and began writing in his notebook again.
Finally it was lunch time, which meant only 3 more classes to go. I walked out of the school building to go sit by the giant oak tree that me and Shuichi sat by everyday. I climbed the tree and sat on the third closest branch to the ground, while taking out my apple and small bag filled with lucky charm cereal. I didnt eat much for lunch.
"Mizuki, how many times do I have to tell you not to sit up there, you are going to fall one of these days." Shuichi noted as he looked up at me from the ground.
"*sigh* I'm too close to the ground it wouldnt even hurt. Besides I wont fall, i got cat-like reflexes" i stated doing as ninja move, but of course failing and fell out of the tree.
"oh geez!"Ii yelled as I slipped and went sailing to the ground.
I opened my eyes after I noticed I wasnt falling anymore. I looked up to see hiei holding me with an emotionless face on. He dropped me on the ground and then jumped into the tree where i was recently sitting.
"ow um thanks..and..hey that was my spot you baka!" i yelled to Hiei when i noticed he was sitting there. Shuichi chuckled and walked over to me with an I-told-you-so look on his face.
"Dont say a word Pretty boy, just dont say a word." I mummbled while getting up and grabbing my apple and bag of cereal. I climbed back up the tree and sat infront of Hiei with my legs dangling off the thick branch.
"What do you want, onna?" Hiei asked as he closed his eyes after looking at me.
i took a bite of my apple and stared at him. He opened his eyes after i didnt say anything and got an annoyed look on his face and shut his eyes again, putting his arms behind his head for comfort.
" oh nothing really. i just wanted to say thanks for catching me....and...um..well, you're kinda in my spot." i said trying to make him get the point to move.
"hn" is all hiei answered me with.
i stared at him for a bit longer. ~hes really cute when he's relaxing.~ I thought as I took another bite of my apple. Hiei opened his eyes quickly like and had a look like he was surprised but then it was gone as quick as it came.

HIEIS (POV)
I walked out of the school to go by Kurama and his friend, Mizuki. He was talking to her about how she might fall, and of course, she did. I quickly ran over and caught her in my arms. she opened her eyes after a moment and looked up.
"hn" I said rolling my eyes as I dropped her on the ground and hopped into the tree where she had been sitting.
I heard her mummble a thank you. I felt the branch beneath me add some weight and opened my eyes to see a pair staring back at me.
"What do you want onna?" I asked Mizuki as I closed my eyes after identifying who it was.
She said nothing after a few moments so I looked at her waiting for an answer but shut my eyes again.
" oh nothing really...I just wanted to say thanks for catching me...and...um...well, you're kinda in my spot." mizuki stated. I knew she wanted me to move but I just acknowledged her with a simple "hn". I decided to read her thoughts see if she was annoyed or not..but that was definantly not what she was thinking. ~Hes really cute when he's relaxing~ I snapped my eyes open and stared at her,shocked but then quickly regained my emotionless face. She just smiled at me though.
"I'm going to get there before you do!" i heard Yusuke yell to, most likely, Kuwabara.
"No way Yusuke I'm faster then you!" Kuwabara yelled.
"bakas" I muttered before shutting my eyes again.
NORMAL POV
I still sat inront of Hiei as he continued to relax. I watched Yusuke trip Kuwabara and run to the tree.
"HA! I told you, I win!" Yusuke shouted.
I quickly got bored of them. I smirked as I opened the bag of lucky charm cereal I had and picked one out. I threw it at Hiei and it hit him on his forehead and bounced off into his lap. he opened his eyes and looked at me. I innocently started whistling looking away from him. he closed his eyes again, so I threw another one at him, which hit him in the chest. Hiei didnt move. I giggled as I took a hand full of them and dumped it on his head. He snapped his eyes open and glared at me. I burst out laughing and jumped down from the tree, before he did anything.
"BAKA ONNA! get back here!" Hiei yelled as I took off running across the court yard. i ran around the corner of the school building until i hit something hard and fell on my ass. i looked up to see Hiei standing there, mad as hell. How did he get there so fast..
"uh..heh heh..sorry?" i said as i looked at him with innocent eyes. i stood up and looked at his hair. i laughed a little and picked out a piece of cereal he still had in his hair. He stopped glaring at me and smirked. I raised an eyebrow at him, wondering what he was going to do. he pulled his hand from behind his back which was full of cereal. i went to run but he grabbed my arm and dropped the cereal on my head. he smirked and walked away.
"aw man, you suck Hiei!" i yelled as i picked the cereal out of my hair. i grumbled to myself as i walked back to Shuichi and the rest, still picking cereal out.
"what happened to you?" Shuichi asked as he helped pick the cereal out of my hair.
"THAT!that is what happened to me" i exclaimed as i pointed to Hiei who was sitting against the trunk of the tree. And of course all he did was smirk.
I sat in the last class of the day, which happened to be Science with Shuichi and Hiei. I at least had one of the guys in each of my classes. I got along great with Yusuke, we seemed to have the same out look on everything, especially school. Kuwabara wasnt that bad once I got it through his thick skull to not flirt with me. Then there was Hiei, he didnt talk much, but when he did it was a short reply or an insult. I sat next to Shuichi and Hiei on the other side of me. Shuich i loved this class, especially now since we were learning about plants and stuff. he had a green thum, but if i even TOUCHED a plant it would die! I looked at the teacher, Mrs.Doty. She isnt all that bad, but shes, well....lets just say she too much fun in the 60's and it was catching up with her now.
"would someone please tell me, what happens when a plant goes through photosythesis?" Mrs. Doty asked.
No one raised there hand....except Shuichi.
"oh shuichi, i should have guessed you would know! go on tell the class.!" she said sweetly to him.
Shuichi was the teacher's pet in pretty much all of his classes. As he went on explaining i looked over at Hiei who was slumped down in his desk, looking out the window.
"hiei..pssst....hiei!" i said trying to get his attention. he looked over at me.
"what do you want onna" he said quietly.
"me and shuichi are hanging down at the arcade after shool, want to come?" i asked smiling, with hope in my eyes.
"hn." hiei said and went back to the window.
I smiled. even after the short time i have known him, i figured out 'hn' means yes unless he says something after that.
~BRRRIINNNGGGG~
WOOHOO schools out! i jumped from my seat and and shoved my books in my messanger bag, slinging it on my shoulder. i grabbed shuichi's and Hiei's hands and ran out of the school, pulling them behind me.
"*sigh*, i dont see why you are in such a rush to get out of school all the time." shuichi said as i let go of their hands and slid down the railing on the steps.
"because, school runs kid's lives and i hate it! they tell you when you need to be there and then when you can leave and how much free time you have and-" i went ranting on but shuichi put his hand over my mouth.
"okay, i get it." he said quickly and then added a polite smile at the end.
"alright! lets go to the arcade WOOH!" i yelled happily as i ran down the street.
tell me what you think?