Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "This Isn't Right!" part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I stopped at my house to put on normal clothes. After doing so, I slipped on my converses and black zip-up hoodie and ran down the stairs. Hiei was looking out the window while Shuichi sat and read his book.
"Okay guys, I'm ready!" I yelled walking out the front door. We walked down the street in silence...well mostly, because I was humming to myself. Shuichi was walking in the front of us as I decided to stay by Hiei.
"How do you get your hair like that?" I asked patting it to see if it would stay.
"Hn" Hiei said slapping my hand away. He then walked a few paces ahead of me.
"Shuichi! Carry me!" I yelled as I jumped onto my friend's back.
I latched my hands on his shoulders as he held my legs to make sure I didn't fall.
"We can't stay at the arcade long, we have homework to do." Shuichi stated.
I rolled my eyes and flicked him on the head.
"Homework doesn't matter! It only counts for 10% of our grade anyway!" I mumbled.
I hopped off his back once we go to the doors of the arcade. I flung the door open and ran inside with the 2 boys following.
"Someone play dance dance revolution with me!" I pleaded looking at both of them.
"It doesn't matter if you suck at it because I do too!" I said attempting to persuade one of them.
They both just shook their heads. I stuck my tongue out at them. I stuck a quarter in and played by myself with the 2 boys watching. It started and I already missed one of the arrows. I laughed at my own stupidity as I attempted to get as many possible.
"Aw man, I suck at this game!" I laughed.
I jumped off the platform and grabbed Hiei's hand, running off to play another game.
"Let go of me baka onna!" He said trying to pull his hand away.
I shook my head as I jumped in front of 'invaders'.
"Hiei play a game! Please?" I said looking at him.
"Hn. I don't see the point of these games." Hiei stated.
"They don't have a point, it's to entertain people!" I yelled at him.
"Now, you be the space man and I'll be the aliens that are trying to blow you up!" I exclaimed showing him the buttons to use.
Hiei and I played the game a few times and other random games, with him winning every single one.
"I just don't get how you beat me! You haven't even played them before!" I exclaimed as we walked out of the arcade.
Hiei just smirked. It was dark out now which meant we were there for awhile.
"Mizuki. Hiei and I are going to walk you home. It's too dark out for you to be by yourself." Shuichi said caringly.
I rolled my eyes. We would usually split up by now because we lived in opposite directions.
"I can take care of myself you know!" I pouted as he just smiled.
we got to my house and I opened the door to see my foster mother standing there with a bottle of vodka in her hands, drunk.
"Where the hell have you been?" she yelled as Shuichi and Hiei walked through the door.
"Oh now I see, you've been whoring around haven't you? And you brought two of them home! Why you little slut!" she yelled and went to slap me.
To my surprise, a hand had caught her wrist in mid-swing.
"Hn, stupid onna." Hiei said as he dropped her arm.
"Why the hell would you stick up for a little bitch like her!" Eileen yelled as shuichi ushered me out of the house, with Hiei behind us.
"Stupid little bitch get back here!" Eileen yelled as Hiei slammed the door in her face.
We took off jogging until we couldn't hear her yelling anymore. I looked down at the ground as we walked toward Shuichi's house. I felt a reassuring hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Shuichi's smiling face. I looked over at Hiei to see him looking back at me, but he quickly averted his gave to the sidewalk ahead of him.
"Hiei....thanks for that." I said hugging him at the end.
Hiei didn't hug back, but he didn't pull away either.
"Hn." hiei said, but I was expecting that.
"Mizuki, you can stay at my house for tonight, that goes for you too Hiei." Shuichi said as we walked up his front steps.
He opened the front door to see his mother sitting on the couch.
"Hello mother, is it alright if my friends stay over?" shuichi asked politely.
She nodded her head and smiled as she saw me standing there.
"Mizuki, dear how are you!" she said getting up and hugging me.
"I'm fine mom, thank you for letting me stay here tonight." I said to her.
She lets me call her mom because she acts like she is my mom and Shuichi is like my brother.
"Mother, I believe you have met hiei once or twice before." shuichi said.
she nodded her head again.
"Well you all, I'm sure you have homework to do so be on with it. Don't stay up too late." she said as we walked up the stairs .
We finished our homework around 9:30. Shuichi let me borrow a pair of boxers and a shirt while hiei declined his offer.
"Well, mizuki would you like to use my bed tonight and I will sleep on the floor?" Shuichi asked.
I rolled my eyes at his politeness.
"Shuichi, its your bed, I'll sleep on the floor." I said walking into the bathroom.” I gotta change real quick." I added, shutting the bathroom door.
I walked out to see Hiei laying on the floor in MY SPOT...but the nice part of it was the fact he didn't have his shirt on. I felt my face heat up as I stood there staring at him, but quickly snapped out of it and walked over.
"HEY! What is with you and taking my spots? First the tree and now my make-up bed!" I said to him.
"Hn, onna you didn't say it was your spot, like you didn't say that the tree branch was your spot either." he stated in a matter-of-fact tone.
"Well I just told you now so you can move, please." I said trying to sound sincere.
"Hn" Hiei said while rolling over on his side so my back was facing him.
"Humph, fine. I'll show you." I said sitting down and pulling the pillow out from under his head. I laid down and pulled the blanket off his waist and pulled it over my shoulders.
"Rrr. Onna give me that back!" he said taking the blanket back.
"Both of you, stop!" Shuichi said handing me a blanket and handing Hiei a pillow.
"Now both of you, good night!" he finished and laid back down.
I looked at the clock to see only 15 minutes had passed. I pushed the blankets off and sat up.
"Aw come on guys its only 9:45 I don't want to go to sleep yet!" I whined.
"Onna, just shut up and go to sleep." Hiei muttered with his back still facing me.
"*sigh*, I'll try but I'm not tired!" I pointed out.
They didn't answer me so I gave up and laid back down.
I woke up to the light seeping through the corners of the curtains. I looked at the clock that blinked 6:17 am. I went to get up but noticed an arm around my waist. I felt my face heat up as I looked at Hiei's sleeping form. I laid back down, facing his chest breathing in his scent and fell back to sleep.
"Both of you get up you're going to be late!" I heard shuichi yell as he shook mine and Hiei's shoulder.
I groaned and pushed his hand away, looking up. Shuichi was standing their grinning. I looked over at Hiei who seemed to just notice he had his arm around me and pulled away, sitting up. I blushed slightly and stood up.
"Have a nice sleep you two?" Shuichi asked sheepishly.
Sometimes he could be the nicest person in the world, and yet he could be a complete jerk. I shook my head and walked into the bathroom to shower. After I got out I realized I didn't have any clothes. ~ugh I knew I forgot something.~ I thought as I peaked my head out the door to see if anyone was in the hallway. I sighed in happiness as I stepped completely out of the bathroom and walked through Shuichi's door. I closed the door and grabbed my clothes that were sitting in the corner of the room. I let my towel drop as I slipped my bra and on until I heard the door click open and I whipped around to see a wide-eyed hiei. We both stood there staring at each other in shock, until I came to my senses.
"HIEI GET THE HELL OUT!" I yelled.
He quickly shut the door. I could tell my face was as red as a tomato. I got dressed quickly and slowly walked down the hallway to the living room. Hiei was sitting there facing out the window with Shuichi staring at him with his eye brow raised.
"Hiei, whats wrong with you? You came out here and looked like you were blushing." Shuichi asked him.
Hiei turned to look at him but caught sight of me standing there, and quickly went back to staring out the window. Shuichi gave me a questioning look. I shook my head and sighed.
"Uh, I need to get to my house and get my uniform before we get to school, alright?" I stated as I pulled my jacket on.
We walked into school, uniform on and all. i was looking at Hiei out of the corner of my eye and I saw him glance at me every now and then. We walked into Algebra and took our seats.
"Hey mizuki your-, hey whats wrong you seem all nervous or something." yusuke asked.
I just smiled and waved my hand as to say nothing was wrong. He shrugged and sat down. Mr. Stark came bumbling in through the door way. He glared at me for a second and then turned to the board.
"I'm hoping you all did your homework, am I correct?" he asked the class.
I went to pull my homework out when I noticed I left it in my jean pocket from yesterday. I groaned and slumped in my seat.
"Mizuki, whats wrong? I know you did it because I did most of the problems for you!" Shuichi whispered.
"I left it in my pants from yesterday...fuck.." I mummbled.
Suddenly the homework landed on my desk. I looked at the name at the top that read ' Hiei Jaganshi'. I looked over and he was looking at me.
"I don't care if I have it or not so just erase my name and put yours...onna." Hiei said quietly.
I smiled at him and leaned over to give him a quick hug, which made him tense up. I released him and quickly erased his name and printed mine. Apparently just in time too since the teacher came walking over asking for my paper.
"Ms. Mizuki, I am surprised, you actually did your homework." Mr. Stark said as he snatched the paper from me.
I smiled at Hiei again and he smirked back. Mr. Stark turned to Hiei.
"Mr. Jaganshi, I'm appalled, It's only your second day and you don't have your homework? Your getting off on the wrong start there, Hiei." Mr. Stark said rudely.
"Wow, Hiei! I think he hates you almost as much as he hates me! cool!" i laughed.
The day flew by and it was lunch again. I ran out of the building and went by the tree with my bag apple in hand and a 'switch' drink. I climbed the tree and went to sit in my normal spot only to find Hiei there. i gasped, surprised he was there.
"Garr, Hiei Jaganshi, get out of my spot! we just went through this yesterday!" I exclaimed attempting to push him out of the tree. That didn't work.
"Hn. baka onna I don't plan on moving so give up." he said slapping my hand away.
"*sigh* fine then. if you wont move I'll just have to do this!" i said, while sitting in his lap.
Hiei's eyes snapped open.
"Onna what the hell are you doing?!" Hiei yelled right in my ear.
"Well you wouldn't move so this is what you get!" I yelled back in his ear as we began to have a glaring contest.
"You two having fun up there?" Yusuke yelled, surprising me and making me almost all out of the tree. Luckily Hiei caught the collar of my shirt.
I got out of Hiei's lap and sat in front of him glaring down at Yusuke.
"You know, I almost fell because of you!" I yelled.
I threw my apple at him and it bounced off his head.
"HEYYY, that hurt you little *mumbles*" yusuke yelled rubbing his head.
I started laughing at his idiotic ways. i grabbed my switch drink and popped it open.
"Want some?" I asked Hiei after drinking some.
He looked up at me.
"What did you do to it?" hiei asked as if I poisoned it.
"Oh stop being paranoid I didn't do anything to it or I wouldn't have drank some!" i said shoving it in front of his face.
Hiei grabbed it and examined it. I rolled my eyes.
"Just drink some you baka, its good" I stated, urging him on.
"Hn" he said before taking some.
Hiei didn't say anything but didn't give it back and took another sip.
"Hey hey hey, don't drink it all!" I said attempting to grab it from him, but failing miserably. He drank the rest of it and tossing the can at Kuwabara that was sitting below. it landed on his head.
"hey! Shrimp don't throw stuff at me or I'll come up there and kick your ass!" Kuwabara shouted at Hiei.
Hiei rolled his eyes and was about to say something but i cut in.
"oh please, like you could actually kick his ass! A toddler could kick your ass!" I shouted at Kuwabara. Yusuke looked thoughtful for a second.
"you know that reminds me, I'll be right back." Yusuke said to us and walked behind the school building with Kuwabara following.
"Mizuki I'll be right back. Hiei follow me please." Shuichi stated and followed to where yusuke and Kuwabara went.
I sat in the tree, confused to why everyone just left me. i watched them all walk behind the building.
"hmm.. well curiosity is getting the better of me" i sighed climbing down from the tree and slowly walking to where they all stood. I stayed on the other side of the wall and listened to their conversation.
Hiei's POV
"yusuke! i have been trying to get you for days!" the toddler, Koenma yelled through the communicator.
"Yeah yeah, I know binky breath just calm down." yusuke said to him.
"well I hope you haven't forgotten what you're there for in the first place!" koenma said, frustrated.
"Don't get your diapers up in a bunch, i haven't forgotten. We have to find the Black Jewel." yusuke stated calmly.
"good you better be working hard on finding it too! oh and Kurama, i have that plant growing potion you asked for. Would you like to pick it up now?" Koenma asked the fox.
"Oh thank you Koenma, I would like to pick it up now." Kurama said.
"alright well I'm sending a portal right now." the baby said.
Suddenly a blue swirling portal appeared in front of us.
Normal POV
I gasped as I watched a blue hole open up in the middle of the air.
"what the fuck?!" I yelled and quickly clamped a hand over my mouth.
~Too late~ i thought as all four boys whipped around and stared at me.
"WHAT.THE.FUCK!" I repeated surprised at what was happening.
"Mizuki! What are you doing here?" Shuichi yelled at me...angrily.
His face softened when he saw how surprised I was that he yelled at me.
"Mizuki...i think you should come with us." He said calmly.
i stared wide eyed as Shuichi pulled me through the swirly blue hole. I felt like I was floating, but falling at the same time so i shut my eyes.
"Mizuki, its alright open your eyes." Yusuke said.
i looked around to see two giant oak doors in front of me. I followed the gang as they walked through the doors. As we walked into the gigantic room, I saw a desk, filled with papers, and a chair facing the other way. It turned to show a toddler wearing a wobbly purple hat.
"Ah boys I'm glad you got he-...um....who's that?" It said in completely clear sentences.
i stared at it baffled.