Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "Just being clumsy"part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I shook my head out of confusion as I stared at everyone trying to figure it all out.
"Just...errrr! this is confusing, what's going on!!!" i yelled throwing my hands up in the air.
"Calm down, onna." hiei mumbled.
Shuichi walked up and put a hand on my shoulder.
"Let us explain everything, mizuki"
shuichi said. I nodded my head and braced myself for what i may hear.
~about an hour later~
my mouth was slightly ajar as i was still taking in everything they had told me. They told me about the three different worlds (ningenkai, makai, and reikai),shuichi being an ex-thief that is a fox demon named Yoko Kurama in another person's body, hiei being a forbidden fire demon child that can read minds, yusuke dying then being placed as a spirit detective, their mission to find the Black jewel, and so on and so forth.
"ugh...this is confusing.." i said looking at shuichi..er..kurama rather.
"i feel like i don't even KNOW you now!" I said hugging kurama.
i looked at Hiei.
"i guess this means i should be nicer to you now, considering the fact you can light me on fire!" i laughed as he just raised an eyebrow.
"well....now i feel all left out, cant i help you guys find the stupid jewel or whatever?" i asked looking at Koenma.
"No, no. its too daangerous, especially for a human.we cant risk you getting hurt." koenma stated.
i sighed sadly.
"Oh, Mizuki dont feel bad, we are just trying to protect you is all." Kuwabara stated trying to make me feel better.
"hey guys, we better get back to ningenkai." Kurama said looking at his watch. everyone nodded.
"alright i'm opening a portal. oh and Mizuki, not a word to anyone of this." Koenma said opening the blue swirly hole. i nodded my head and jumped through.
i landed on my ass as the rest landed on their feet. Yusuke laughed at me and helped me up.
"oh shut it Gel boy, i'm not used to flying through a portal and landing oh-so-gracefully on my feet.!" i mumbled and wiped the dirt off my uniform.
We walked into the school and went our separate ways. it was now 6th period, English. My mind kept bouncing around as i thought about my friends and their secret lives.
~*sigh* why didnt they tell me about this? were they afraid of me rejecting them? i would never do that. i love my friends...~ i thought staring out the window.
[onna, we were not afraid you would reject us we just couldn't have you get hurt. we were protecting you] i heard in my head making me jump.
i looked around and saw Hiei looking at me. i raised my eyebrow
~you know, its not nice to invade other people's private thoughts~ i thought back to him.
[hn. i answered your question though.]hiei said to you. i sighed outwardly.
"Alright class, i want you to pair up and research out about this semesters topic, demons. You have 3 weeks to finish the essay and the Power point. Alright now everyone partner up." The teacher said as she handed out the information paper.
i looked at hiei and smiled. He looked back at me. i wanted to wait and see if he would ask me to be his partner or if i would have to ask him. He stared at me and raised an eyebrow.
"hn..baka onna" Hiei stated.
i groaned and rolled my eyes.
"well geez Hiei. Do you want to be my partner?" i asked turning to him.
"well what do you think onna? i'm not pairing up with any of these other baka ningens." Hiei said looking away.
"aw, hiei.....do you consider me a friend?and you have to answer, no saying 'hn'." i asked smiling at him.
he looked back over to me and smirked.
"hn." he said simpley. i rolled my eyes.
The bell rang and i grabbed my stuff, walking out of the room with Hiei by my side.
"*gasp* hiei, i just thought of something. your a demon! this report is gonna be a piece of cake! you know you should take me to the Makai too! that would be awesome!" i exclaimed walking to my locker.
"onna, it is too dangerous to take you to the Makai. you could die." he stated.
i smiled as he said that. He looked at my reaction to what he said and quickly added,
"not that i would care or anything.." he said crossing his arms and leaning agaisnt the locker next to mine.
i shoved everything into my locker and slammed it trying to make it close, and failing.
"oh mizuki...you really need to clean out your locker. you have about a weeks worth of clothes in there and who knows how old this peanut butter and jelly sandwich is." Kurama said as he came up behind us and used his index finger and thumb to pick up the sandwich i had sitting on top of all my clothes that i had piling up in my locker.
"ohhhh, so thats where that sandwich was....heh heh.." i trailed off and rubbed the back of my neck.
"well anyway lets get to class, we wouldnt want to get a detention for being late!"Kurama said smiling and walking off to science.
i rolled my eyes and looked at hiei who was looking in my messy locker.i attempted to shut my locker but it kept opening back up.
"UGH!ANNOYANCE!" i yelled as i frantically attempted to shut my locker.
it miraculously shut and i looked up to see Hiei's hand pushing it shut. i smiled at him.
"thanks dude.....hey hiei, do you want to skip class with me?" i asked him.
"hn. come on" he said walking down the hall.
"heyy, wait for me!"i yelled running to catch up.
"where are we going?" i asked as he pulled me through an unmarked metal door.
We walked up a few flights of stairs that led to another metal door with the sign 'exit' over it. he pushed open the door and i looked around.
"wow, i've never been on the roof before." i said running to the edge and looking around.
"how did you know how to get to the roof?" i asked hiei as he walked over by me and sat down letting his legs dangle off the edge.
"hn" he said pulling up one of his legs and letting his arm rest on his knee.
i smiled at him.
"you never answered my question" i said sitting down next to him.
"what question would that be onna?" he asked still looking over the valley.
"if you considered me a friend or not." i said looking at him softly.
he didnt answer for a few minutes.
"yes." he said almost too quiet to hear.
i grinned at him. he looked at me.
"what?" he said raising an eyebrow.
i leaned over and hugged him, resting my head on his shoulder.
"I've never had a real friend before besides Shuichi." i said letting go of him.
"hn." he said getting up.
i smiled and stood up to follow him. i let out a yelp as my footing slipped of the edge of the roof sending me flying down towards the ground.
~kurama's pov~
i sat in science staring out the window wondering where Mizuki and Hiei went. i sighed as i continued to look out the window. i could swear i saw a glimps of mizuki falling and a black blur but then i blinked and it was gone.
"Mrs. Doty, may i please use the restroom." i asked politely.
The teacher turned around and smiled.
"of course shuichi go ahead." she said and turned back to the board.
i walked out of the class room then took off in an all out sprint to the metal door leading up to the roof. i ran up the many flights of stairs until i reached the door. i turned the knob and pushed the door open only to gasp at the sight.
~normal pov~
i fell off the roof and shut my eyes waiting for the impact. suddenly, i felt like i stopped falling so i opened my eyes to see hiei jumping back up to the roof. He set me down on my feet and let go. i turned to him and smiled, still out of breath from the excitment of almost dying.
"Hiei! thank you so much you saved my life!" i yelled jumping on him knocking him to the ground.
i hugged him as i layed on top of him and kissed him on the cheek repeatingly. To my surprise.....he hugged me back. i heard a squeaking noise and a gasp so i looked up to see shuic- er, kurama standing their grinning. Hiei turned his head to see him standing there and quickly let me go and pushed me off of him. i sat there blushing as Hiei stood up.
"Baka onna..." he mummbled brushing the dirt off his black pants.
He kept his head down so his hair was covering his face, but i could see the shade of red that danced on his face. Kurama laughed and walked over.
"Mizuki are you alright? i saw you out of the science room's window and i needed to see if you were okay." Kurama exclaimed holding out his hand.
i grabbed his hand as he heaved me off the ground.
"i'm fine just being my clumsy self." i said as we walked towards the door that Hiei had already left through...