Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "Hanging with Hiei" part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's been four days since the roof incident and Hiei and I have been spending everyday after school together. He acted like he didn't want to be there, but I knew better since HE was the one coming over.We tried to work on the report but ended up just talking, which I did most of,or watching T.V. I sat on my room's floor, next to Hiei, eating ice cream right out of the carton while watching a movie. We should be doing or research paper right now, but lost interest after 10 minutes.I looked into the container of ice cream to see there was only a spoonful left.I looked up at Hiei who also saw this. we both dived into the carton with our spoons.
"Aw man, you suck hiei..."I mummbled as he was about to eat the spoonful of sweet snow.
He looked at me and sighed, handing me the spoon.I smiled and took it from him eating the last bit of it.
"Thanks dude!"I said happily.
I looked out of the corner of my eye to see Hiei have the smallestgrin play on his lips. Sighing contently,I put the spoons back into the empty container and set it aside so I could sit closer to Hiei. He grabbed the remote and turned the volume up just in time to hear a woman scream out in agony in the movie, which happened to be 'the hills have eyes'. i love scary movies and all but am easily scared by them sometimes. I watched the movie silently until one of the mutants popped out of no where, making me yelp and jump on Hiei's lap.
"Baka onna, its just a movie." he said rolling his eyes.
"i know that i just wasnt expecting it so shut up!" i said getting off his lap.
"i'm gonna go throw this away." i said getting up with the ice cream carton.
I walked into the kitchen and noticed Hiei followed me. While throwing the carton away i heard the front door open and my eyes went wide as i looked at the kitchen clock.
"shit! Eileen's home i didnt realize how late it was!" i whispered to Hiei as he looked at the clock to see it was 11:30.
He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the door that connected to the living room.
"Mizuki!Mizuki where the hell are you?!" Eileen yelled.
Hiei cracked the kitchen door so we could peer out to see my foster mother stumbling around in her high heeled leather boots.
hiei closed the door and turned me around.
"Hiei you should go you're fast enough. please just go." i pleaded him trying to make him leave.
"Mizuki where the fuck are you!" Eileen yelled stumbling around the house looking for me.
Hiei shook his head. Instead of leaving he picked me up bridal style and kicked open the kitchen door, taking off at an in-human speed, out the front door. After a little while, Hiei set me down on a tree branch in a forest.
"Where are we?" i asked as he crouched down on the thick branch next to me.
he sighed and looked at me.
"My home." he said tonelessly. i looked at him sympethetically.
"hmm, i'm going to stop complaining about where i live now!" i said jokingly.
"no, i dont need pity. i choose not to live anywhere." he said, now sitting comfortably next to me.
"Can i stay here tonight?" i asked him. Hiei looked and me and nodded. he picked me up and jumped to the ground setting me against the tree. i layed down on the soft grass laying my head on hiei's lap. He took off his cloak and draped it over me.
"Thanks dude." i said tiredly.
The next dayI was awoken by Hiei shaking me gently.
"grrr.what?" i said annoyed as i opened my eyes.
"Hn, onna we have to stop by your house so you can get ready for school." Hiei said stepping back so i could get up.
i stood up and stretched.
"okay, onward to hell." i said walking in the direction on my house.
once we got there i quietly opened the door and let Hiei in and went to my room.
"Hiei do i smell bad?" i asked looking at him. he stared at me like i was crazy and then shook his head.
"good. i dont feel like taking a shower." i said going to take my shirt but stopped and looked at hiei who kept glancing at me from the bed.
I looked at him with my hands still on the edges of my shirt, waiting to take it off. he got the hint and looked out the window. i lifted my shirt and pants, tossing them in the corner and slipped on the plain white blouse that went to the uniform along with the ugly skirt.
"C'mon we're already late as it is!" i exclaimed grabbing hieis wrist and dragging him out of the house. We ran down the street to the school. I swung the school door open and ran to my locker. it was jammed.
"ah, damn fuckin bitch mother effin satan!" i cursed randomly as i tried to pry my locker open.
"oh fuck it come on!" i siad grabbing Hiei's arm and running to Algebra.
i opened the door quietly and tried to sneak in to my seat, as did hiei. Kurama turned around in his chair and smiled at us, rolling his eyes. Hiei sat down in his seat as i was getting to mine since it was a little farther.
"Ms.Mizuki! its nice of you to join us!" Mr.Stark said as he bumbled over with the oh-so-familiar yellow paper in his hand.
i sighed as he handed it to me. I looked over at Hiei who was smirking and i glared back at him. i sat down as my seat right when hiei stood up from his. i looked up at him, confused. he just smirked at me and looked at the teacher.
"Mr.Stark your a fat baka." hiei said tonlessley, but i could tell he was trying very hard not to smile.I, on the other hand, burst out laughing along with Yusuke and Kuwabara.Mr.stark turned around and glared at hiei. i stared at hiei, not exactly sure what he was doing. Hiei looked at me quickly and smirked. a lightbulb went on in my head.
~hiei jaganshi, you're such a baka dont get a detention!~ i thought, hoping he would be reading my mind.
Hiei and i walked into the detention room and sat down next to eachother. i looked at hiei and burst out laughing. he smirked back.the teacher came over to us and 'ssshhhh'ed me.
"Hiei you're a dork. Who gets detention on purpose?" i asked quietly so the teacher didnt hear. After a few minutes, i got bored and threw a paper ball at the teacher. i shoved the 3 other paper balls i had made, infront of hiei. the teacher looked up from her book and glared at hiei.
"Mr.jaganshi, do you find it funny to throw things at me?!" she asked getting up. Hiei snapped his head my way and glared. i quickly looked the other way and hummed innocently.
"Well?" she asked.
"hn" hiei answered.
i rolled my eyes and smiled at him.
"*yawn* that was boring. what do you want to do now?" i asked hiei as we walked down the front steps of the school.
Hiei just shrugged as we aimlessly walked toward my house. i suddenly stopped and smiled at hiei. hiei looked at me confused and then his face fell.
"no, onna." he said flatly.
"aww, please hiei take me to the demon world?!" i asked, jumping on his back.
"no baka, i'm not taking you to Makai its too dangerous!" he said and started walking again with me still latched on to his back.
"*sigh* you're no fun." i stated just as his communicater rang.
Hiei flipped open his communicator.
"Hiei, i've been trying to reach you. The other detectives are here with me. We have a trace on the Jewel. oh and hello Mizuki." koenma said smiling as i peaked over Hiei's shoulder at the communicator.
"Hey there koenma...can i come too?" i asked giving a puppy dog look.
"of course mizuki. I'm sending a portal now." koenma said and the picture on the communicator disappeared just as a portal appeared in front of us.
Hiei jumped through the portal as i held onto his shoulders. we land in front of the doors and they opened by themselves.
"Hey guys!" i yelled, forgetting my mouth was right next to Hiei's ear. He dropped me and held his ear.
"well sheesh thanks alot hiei!" i mummbled getting up.
"Well now that you are all here...Like i said, i have narrowed the location of the jewel. It is with a girl around the age of 16 and is with her at all times. I am not sure if she knows she has it or not." koenma stated as he sat at his desk looking at the file.
"well give us the description of the girl!" yusuke commanded.
"well...um, that is the problem. we are not sure which girl in the school has it. well dont look at me like that! i told you i only narrowed the search down, not exactly where it is!" Koenma said as Yusuke glared at him.
~hmm..koenma's kinda cute when he's in his teen form~ i thought, not really paying attention to what was going on.
"hn" hiei said as he looked at me from the corner of his eyes.
~oh fuckin' *mummbles*...HIEI! stop reading my mind!~ i thought as i glared at him.
"so, you are all going to have to get to work before the Black Jewel bursts and takes over the girl's body. We may not be able to stop her if it does.."koenma trailed off.
"alright, alright, we'll find it binky breath!" yusuke said. koenma sighed and shook his head.
"you really need to stop calling me that." he said as a portal opened behind us.
"hn, let's go onna." hiei said picking me up and jumping through the portal. We landed in front of my house and hiei put me down.
"well i'm going home, kuwabara's staying over my house incase you need us. bye." yusuke said and walked away with kuwabara.
"i should be off to.i will stop by tomorrow mizuki!" kurama said walking down the street as i waved goodbye.
Hiei looked at me. i raised an eyebrow.
"wanna stay at my house tonight? My mother shouldnt be home tonight considering its a friday. *gasp* its a friday woooh!!! no schoooooool tomorrow!" i yelled jumping up and down.
hiei smirked at me.
"oh, but yeah, do you wanna?" i asked again. he nodded.
hmmm