Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Set Me Free ❯ Visiting Yukina ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: Visiting Yukina

Right after Yusuke left Keiko's residence, she went to Genkai's temple to see Yukina. While walking, she thought about the good and funny times she had with Yusuke from the very beginning.

The time she kissed him right before 12:00,

She was yelling and lecturing at him before his death,

And other memories then kept walking.

************************At Genkai's Temple**************************

"Konnichiwa!!!" Keiko yelled.

"Konnichiwa Keiko." Hiei said from behind with the same old monotone voice. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see Yukina." She replied back.

"Oh-" Hiei said, but before he could finish his sentence, Genkai came.

"She's going to need some rest. I suggest you come back tomorrow, Hiei. She's very ill. I can't figure out what she has." Genkai stated.

"Hey Genkai! Can I see her for a while?"

"I guess you could. Oh yes! I forgot to greet you! How rude of me! Hello Keiko." Genkai said with a cheerful voice an old person.

When Keiko went to Yukina's room, she saw her sweating like you were in Death Valley. A bunch of cold towels were on top of her even though temperature was less than 40 degrees.

`This is strange.' Thought Keiko, `I've never seen her like this before.' "Oh my. Yukina, are you okay?"

"She can't speak right now. This is unusual for an ice demon." Hiei said from behind.

`My god! Do you always have to sneak up from behind!' Keiko thought. Just then, she thought of something that made her ask something others might ask. "Hey Hiei, why did you volunteer to take care of her? I thought you would be fighting. Don't you like fighting?"

"Kuwabara said that he'd dedicate this mission to Yukina and that if he came back alive, he'd have all the answers to her illness. I got stuck with this." He paused for a little while and went outside. But before he went outside, he whispered to himself, "What a fool?"

Now, it was just Keiko and the ice demon in the room. Keiko thought that something was going on with Hiei. So she left some medicine she brought with her next to Yukina so that Genkai could give them to her and went outside to talk to Hiei.

When she went outside, she couldn't find Hiei. She looked everywhere, every room, bushes, and other places where Hiei might be. Unfortunately, she forgot the one place in the world. And that place, was the last one she checked. Trees.

"Hiei! Where are you!" Keiko yelled in the trees.

"Hn. What do you want?" the fire youkai asked from his tree. Not just any tree, the highest one in front of Genkai's temple. 55 feet.

"Hiei! I can't climb that high! Well, I can't even climb a tree!"

"Pathetic." Hiei mumbled to himself.

"HIEI!!! YOU JERK!" Suddenly, a rope came in front of Keiko. "What the--?"

"Just climb it. You can at least climb something with a rope."

"Yeah!" she said. Then a couple seconds later, she told herself this, "I think."

"Hurry up, I'm going to take this pretty soon!"

"Um, Hiei! I can't do this! Can't you come down---!" Right before she could finish her sentence, Hiei jumped in front of her and took her to the top of the tree.