Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Set Me Free ❯ 'Live A Good Life' ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 10: `Live A Good Life'

`What the--?' Keiko thought. She dropped the mirror after the shocking vision. The Mirror of Darkness was now shattered into pieces.

"Keiko, what's that on the ground?" Kurama interrupted.

"It's, um, um--." Keiko stuttered. But before she could finish her sentence, Kurama bent down and picked up the broken glass.

"Did you look at the mirror?" he asked.

"Look at what?" Hiei interrupted.

"Keiko, what did you do?" Kuwabara interrupted.

Then Yusuke came walking slowly. "Keiko?"

"I broke the mirror you had Kurama. I'm sorry." Keiko said.

"Oh god." Kurama said.

"Why?" she asked.

"Keiko, we needed to get that to the Spirit World. That was the Mirror of Darkness. If you look at it, you see bad things in there. That's what happened to Kuwabara and me. I saw my mom die and Kuwabara saw Yukina die." Kurama explained. "So what did you see?"

"Wait a minute! That's why my sister died! You looked inside that mirror?"

"Yes Hiei. So what did you see?" Kurama asked.

"Someone dying." Keiko said.

"Who?" Hiei asked.

"Someone standing next to me." Keiko stated. Everybody looked at each other and noticed that Hiei and Yusuke were standing on both sides of her. Who was it going to be?

"Just tell us." Kuwabara said.

"Don't." Yusuke said.

"Urameshi! Are you crazy! Who knows! It might be you!" Kuwabara screamed.

"Keiko knows. We'll . . see about . . that . . . tomorrow."

NEXT DAY

Everybody waited to see who was going to be the one to die. Kurama and Kuwabara got the medicine and bandages ready for what was going to happen. Keiko was the quiet one for once, not Hiei. "I need to be alone for one moment. I'll be right back."

Yusuke went to the spring and sat on a rock near the campsite. "I'm going to talk to him." When Keiko went to see him, he fell on the right side of his body where he was stabbed earlier. "Yusuke!"

"It was . .wasn't it?" Yusuke whispered.

"Yusuke! No, please!" she cried.

Kurama, Kuwabara, and Hiei came after they heard the crying and screaming. "Kuwabara, pass me the bandages!" Kurama demanded.

"Kurama, give me the alcohol!" Hiei said.

"Keiko. . . live . . . a good . .life. That's all . . . I wanted . . . for you." Yusuke said.

"Yusuke!" Keiko screamed.

"I'll . . . be . . watching you." Yusuke whispered. That was his last breath. Slowly, he closed his eyes and let his hand fall out of Keiko.

"NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" the girl cried. Kuwabara and Hiei tried to calm her down while Kurama was trying to revive him, but got nothing.

"He said to live a good life." Hiei said. "I don't think he'd want you to be with me, after I kidnapped you and everything like that."

"We're still friends Hiei." She told him.

*****************Ningenkai (1 Year Later)*****************************

"Hey Kurama!" Dr. Keiko Yukimura yelled. Keiko's now a children's doctor and Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara are still working for Koenma.

"Konnichiwa Keiko!" Kurama yelled back.

"How's work?"

"Good."

"How's Hiei?" she asked.

"He's doing okay. Working for Koenma's hard though. What `ya doing today?"

"Usual. The kids are hard to take care of though."

THE END

Author's Note: I sort of rushed at this part but some people told me to keep it like this so please write a review!