Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Set Me Free ❯ Running to the Wrong Side ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 9: Running To The Wrong Side

The next day at 4:00 a.m. she was awoken by the sound of someone opening her window She quietly got out of bed and saw a pair of hands trying to break the lock. So she got her tennis racket and hit the pair of hands.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!" the stranger cried.

"Hiei? Is that you?" Keiko asked. When she opened her window, Hiei had one hand on the windowsill and the breath of Hiei's mouth was blowing the other hand's pain away. "I am so sorry Hiei! I didn't know that was you."

"! Are you ready?" Hiei asked.

"Ready for what?"

"Makai! Did you pack?"

"You mean today! I, I mean now! Are you crazy! I haven't even got a chance to tell my friends and family goodbye!" Keiko whispered.

"Just hurry up and pack." And that's what she did, Keiko packed two blouses, three pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of long jeans, toothbrush, toothpaste, and other survival items for traveling. "C'mon, let's go. Get on my back."

When she got on his back, he immediately started jumping and running, fast. Faster than Yusuke. "I never knew you were this fast, and I never knew you could carry me. Sometimes I thought you were taller than me but this?"

"I am taller than you Keiko. Now hold on." Hiei said. A couple seconds later, Keiko could feel something pulling her but she kept holding on. When she opened her eyes, she saw a spring and lots of trees but something wasn't right.

"Hiei, where are we?"

"You're in Makai." Hiei replied.

Keiko Yukimura was in heaven. To her, it was the most beautiful place in the world. But to Hiei, it was the area where he had been abandoned as an infant and the place where thieves had raised him. "Wow Hiei! You live here!"

Suddenly, a familiar voice yelled, "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! BUG! BUG! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF KURAMA! YOU'RE THE INSECT BOY!"

"Oh shit! It's them." Hiei said.

"Who is it?" Keiko whispered. Just then, somebody came in from the bushes. "Kuwabara?"

There was the tall bum with orange hair trying to get a bug off of him. "KURAMA!! GET-Hey it's Keiko. And shorty! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kurama came out of the bushes after Kuwabara and said, "Hiei? Keiko? What are you doing here?"

Then it was Yusuke. "Keiko?"

"Yusuke!" she screamed. "What happened?" She grabbed Yusuke and they both fell to the ground.

"He's injured, so don't hurt him." Kurama said to her.

"Oh god! Yusuke, I'm sorry!" Keiko said.

"Sorry . . for what?" Yusuke asked.

She looked at Hiei for one minute and said, "I cheated."

"Cheated?" Yusuke asked again.

"I've been seeing Hiei." Keiko replied. "I'm sorry."

Yusuke tried to stand up and walked away from her. He didn't even look at the others.

After he left, Kurama asked them, "What happened to my mother?"

Hiei and Keiko went quiet after he asked that.

"Where is she?" Kurama asked.

"She's -" Keiko said. But before she could finish her sentence, Hiei interrupted.

"Shut up Keiko!"

"Let her talk Hiei." Kuwabara said.

"She passed away. I'm sorry Kurama. We tried to save her." Keiko said.

"Oh yeah, by the way, how's Yukina?" Kuwabara asked suspiciously.

"She's gone." Hiei whispered.

"I know." Kuwabara said.

"What do you mean, `you know?'" Hiei asked.

"I saw her go away."

"You what?" Keiko asked.

"Just leave us alone." Kurama said. Kuwabara went to sit next to Yusuke while Kurama went to the spring to drink some water. Hiei went to talk to Kuwabara and Yusuke while Keiko was alone, again. But Kurama had left his bag near Keiko so she was suspicious of what was inside. When she looked inside the bag, the Mirror of Darkness was in front of her.

`What the hell? I've been traveling for a while, so it's just gonna be a quick look.' Keiko thought. She looked at it for a couple of seconds. Like Kurama and Kuwabara, she saw a terrible vision. It was Yusuke. He was dying right in front of her eyes.