Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Universe ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Forest / The Next Opponents
 
After the announcer says that the Spirit Detectives win they are sent ahead and have to go through a forest to get to the dark arena. Half way into the forest Zeig starts getting jumpy
“Guys I don't this, I can feel so many different spirit energies all around us.”
Cail moves so he is by Zeig, “That is because this forest has a spirit energy all its own. You are in the Demon World now a lot of this that normally would have spirit energy does in this realm.”
Lance looks over at Seth who is obviously uncomfortable with this current predicament and what had happened to him before. “Hey Seth don't sweat it man this isn't so bad.”
Seth cast him a side long glare, “You have no idea how bad this is.”
Lance stops walking for a minute completely shocked at the sudden venom in the voice of someone he thought to be a dear friend.
They finally make out of the forest and see the giant arena that they are going to fight for their lives in.
Lee is the first to start walking towards the giant complex, “The sooner we get in there the sooner I go home.”
When they enter the building another small imp like demon leads them down one of the hallways into a tunnel that leads to the arena battle ground in the middle of the very Roman Gladiator like arena.
“Well it seems that we have all our teams here now!” The crowd erupts with cheers and boos alike. “You don't me because I am new this year, but my name is Cammi and I will be announcing the beginning rounds of this brutal and gory tournament!”
Lance looks at her face and she is very beautiful looking and then he looks more and she has pointed ears a very slender tail with a devil like point on it and what he sees as small fangs, on her human like body, “Hey what kind of demon is that?”
Cail just shrugs while he is looking across the very big arena floor at what seems to be their next opponents.
“The rules of this tournament are five battles will be held no matter what. In the case of a tie there will be a win by two rule if possible and the only rule for the combat is you can't touch the outside of the ring. We believe these slight rule changes will enhance the crowd's experience! Now for our first team; this is the only hume team sense Team Urameshi won the tournament all those years ago it is Team Hume!”
Thunderous boos and curses are yelled from the crowd Lance looks at Cail and Lee with an angry scowl, “I guess we are Team Hume.”
“And the other team, Team Taro!”
All of a sudden, the boos and curses change back into thunderous applause which continues to further anger Lance.
A big grey skinned man like demon with tattoos all over his head steps up first. Lance jumps onto the ring, “This is my turn.”