Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Zinnia's Cousin ❯ Mitari's Little Visitor ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next morning...."Good Morning!"said Zinnia cheerfully as she entered Kurama's kitchen. Hiei sat at the table eating ice cream and Spike sat at the table as well. He was wearing his headphones while bobbing his head along to some music. Kurama smiled and returned her morning greeting.

"Good morning, Zinnia."he said back. "Guess what Im making for breakfast." Zinnia thought for a second. Her tail swished back and forth.

"Um.....did you make sugar cookies?!"she asked excitedly.

"No, I made pastries."said the red head setting down a large plate of pastries in the center of the table. Spike reached and grabbed one. He bit into it. Hiei hesitately ate one as well. Spike licked his lips in delight.

"Yo man......these pastries is da ______!"he outbursted. Hiei blinked. He examined the pastry.

"It tastes rather good to me."said the fire demon. Zinnia chuckled.

"No Big Brother! That means its good!"she explained. Hiei stared at her confused.

"The _______ is a good thing?"he asked raising an eyebrow. Zinnia nodded.

"Yep!"

"Well, as good as that is...."started Kurama. "Spike, you should try to refer to things other than that."he said as he sat down at the table. Spike's wolf ears lowered.

"My fault....."he said. There was a ring on Spike's cell phone. The ring tone was "Naggin'" by The Ying-Yang Twins. He answered it. "Hey, this is B.S..............what?.............nah she aint here!..........you cant find her?" Zinnia's wolf ears jumped up in alert.

"Whats wrong, Spike?"she asked. Spike turned to his cousin.

"Lily says she cant find C.D."he answered. "She says the last time she's seen her was when she fed her her medicine!".he explained.


Over at Mitari's house......the blonde sat on the couch doing his homework. His mother had left the house to go....uh....um....do some things! Mitari was doing geometry. Thanks to the kindness and patience of Zinnia he was now getting A's in it. He calculated up the problem on a piece of scratch paper. He circled his final answer and wrote it down onto the worksheet. This was easy. Well.....at least now it was. Once he had finished he checked his worksheet to make sure that everything was correct. He closely examined it. He sighed as he lowered the paper. He had did it..........AGAIN! Sure, the right answers were on the worksheet...but so was the word 'Zinnia' written all over the entire paper. He set the paper down and began erasing the names which completely covered it. He does that every single time and never even notices it until it's too late. He stopped when he heard a strange sound. It sounded like a scratching noise. As if something was scratching or scraping against the front door. The scratching noise continued. What could it be? He set the worksheet aside and got up. He then slowly made his way across the room and over to the front door. "Wh-who's there?"he asked a bit frightened. No response but the scratching then became faster. Mitari reached his hand out to the knob. His hand shook as he turned it and then pulled the door open. Nothing. He looked to the left and then to the right. No one was there. But then he instantly looked down when he felt a wetness on his socks.There was a wolf staring up at him with drool dripping off its mouth....and onto Mitari's sock. "Z-Zinnia?!"he said surprised. The wolf invited itself in as it entered the house and made itself cozy onto Mitari's couch. That was strange. Because Zinnia would always ask if she could come in before entering. He slowly closed the door and turned to the wolf resting on his sofa. What was he gonna say? He then saw his geometry worksheet sitting on the floor in front of the couch. "I.....I.........finished my geometry homework..........."he started. "Now I get A's instead of F's......I .....I really.......really......really.....appreciate you helping me, Zinnia."he said shyly. The wolf lifted up its head then tilted it to one side. There was a poof of smoke. Mitari gasped. "It's...It's you!"he cried pointing at not Zinnia but Daisy sitting on his couch now in her regular form. "You're Zinnia's cousin! H-how did you find me?!" Daisy blinked.

"Sniffing."was all that she said in reply. She noticed his homework on the floor. She picked it up. "Triangles....."she said examining the paper.

"Yes, Im.......learning about measuring angles!"said the blonde taking away the worksheet. "You...wouldnt understand..." Daisy's ears lowered. "Does.........anyone know that you're here?"he asked. Daisy grunted and shook her head no. "But...but they must be worried!"he exclaimed. He ran over to the phone. He then dialed Kurama's phone number. He put the phone up his ear. Busy tone. Mitari sighed and hung up. "It's busy...."He then turned back to Daisy. She was eating a spider. "Please, you must go back to Zinnia!"he pleaded. "You can not stay here!"Daisy blinked. She stared at him with her big glassy brown eyes. It appears that both Zinnia and her were good at the ol' puppy dog eyes routine. Mitari stared into her eyes. He just couldnt say no to that. He sighed. "Okay.....you may stay here.....for a little while."he said defeatedly. "But I must finish my biology homework!"he said moving over to the table and taking a seat at it. He took the worksheet out of a folder inside his backpack and set it onto the table. He glanced over at Daisy before starting his homework. She was staring back at him. She then lost interest in him and began to play with her crazy hair while giggling to herself. Mitari read the worksheet which sat in front of him. First things first..........he wrote his name on the top of the paper....'Mitari Kiyoshi'. Then he marked the date and the period he was in. He then read the very first problem. "1. What is Biology?".he read aloud to himself. Daisy's wolf ears perked up.

"Cookies!"she cried. Perhaps she was hungry. Mitari glanced at her. He blinked.

"N-no! It's the study of living things."he said correcting her. Daisy looked a tad disappointed.

"No cookies?"she asked as her wolf ears lowered. Mitari slowly shook his head.

"No.....Im sorry."he stated. Daisy whimpered. He then wrote down the answer to the question. "The study of living things."he said as he wrote it down. He then read the next question. "2. What is the male sex cell?"he read aloud.

"Porkchops!"cried Daisy. She then began panting with her tongue hanging out her mouth as much canines do. Her mouth began to water. She was definately hungry. Mitari blinked. He looked over at her. She grinned.

"Well...actually....the male sex cell is called...."he blushed. "sperm...."he explained. Daisy looked down in sorrow.

"No porkchops....."she said sorrowfully. Mitari then wrote down the answer. "Sperm."he said as he wrote it. He then read the third question. "3. What is the female sex cell called?"he read once again aloud.

"Egg!"cried Daisy.

"Wow.....she must be very hungry...."thought Mitari to himself. He then realized something. "I dont know the answer to this one."he said aloud.

"Egg!"cried Daisy again. Mitari looked over at her once again.

"Im sorry, but perhaps you should have eaten breakfast this morning."he said to the wolf demon. Daisy blinked.

"Egg!"she screamed. "EGG!"she cried bouncing up and down on the couch. "EGG!"

"Im sorry! I can not feed you right now!"he cried. "Please let me finish my homework!"he pleaded. Daisy's eyes welled up with tears.

"Egg.........egg.....................egg..............egg.. ...."she sniffled. "Egg..............egg...."Mitari now felt bad. He got up.

"Okay.....Im sorry......I'll go get you an egg. Please stay here."he said before walking into the kitchen. She must of been super hungry. Mitari made his way over to the nice double doored refridgerator. He slowly opened the left side. He looked around. Not there. He opened up the right side. There they were! A crate of a dozen eggs! He carefully opened the crate and took a white, oval sphere out. He didnt know what she was going to do with just a plain egg....but......as long as it'd make her happy then.....well....it was okay with him. He then closed the box back and then both sides of the refridgerator. He came back into the living room. Daisy was patiently waiting on the couch for him to come back. Mitari kindly handed her the egg.

"Egg!"she cried happily.

"Yes......you can keep it!"he said before going back over to the table and sitting down. "Now where was I?"he said to himself. He read the paper. "What is the female sex cell called?".

"Egg!"she cried holding up the egg. "EGG!"she screeched. Mitari pulled out his biology book from out of his bookbag. He opened it to page 475. The reproduction chapter. He read the first section.

"The male inserts his sex cell into the female which is called the sperm cell. The sperm then swims inside the female's body and gets into her sex cell called the-"

"Egg!"cried Daisy setting egg on the table in front of him. Mitari turned to Daisy who was now standing behind him. He turned back to his book. He started over the sentence. "The sperm then swims inside the females body and gets into her sex cell called the......"he paused for a second. "egg cell......."He looked up at Daisy. "That's what you trying to tell me......" Daisy's ears lowered.

"People think Daisy dumb...."her eyes filled up with tears. "But Daisy know lots of things!"she cried wiping her tears on her arm. "Blueberry-Head think Daisy dumb!"she said tearfully. Mitari rapidly shook his head.

"No, no! I dont think that you're dumb!"cried Mitari. Daisy sniffled.

"Blueberry-Head said Daisy no understand triangles!"she screamed. Mitari then remebered the angles worksheet.

"You.....wouldn't understand...."rang through his head. He remembered himself saying that to her earlier. He stared at her. "Im sorry......"he said putting his head down. "I...........I did not mean to hurt you......is there anyhting I can do.....to make it up to you?"he asked. Daisy blinked. She picked up the egg.

"HUNGRY!"she cried happily.