Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima: Descension ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

6 Months Later
 
The night air is cold and the smell coming from the bar is almost intolerable for his nose but he continues towards the building none the less. The door squeaks as he walks in and even though there is a band up on the stage there is no sound beside an occasion gulping. The man looks around the room most of the tables and the chair aren't even set up for people to come in. Besides the band only four people including the female bartender. He sits down a chair away from another man at the counter he already has four bottles over turned and empty.
The blonde walks up to him, “What will you have?”
“Water please,” she looks at him kinda strangely but, fetches a clean glass for her new patron.
The man downs another full size bottle of what can only be described as some sort of alcohol, “Hey guys.....why aren't you playin' any music?”
The band look at there singer who almost whispers, “You threw a table at as for playing music last night.”
The man smirks from behind his long hair, “Well that was last night, how about something mellow and sad, so I can wallow in self pity.” The band begins to play and just like they were asked the song is slow, sad, all in all depressing. The man turns back to the counter and then looks over at his new drinking partner, “Why have you come Airo.”
The bartender returns with a glass of water for Airo who takes it and drinks it down, “You've been out of touch, Seth, everyone is worried.” Airo looks at the female bartender who is watching their conversation out of the corner of her eye, “Who is she?”
“I'm surprised you don't remember, that's Sakura, we saved her and now she is taking care of me.”
“Taking care of?”
Seth breathes out an annoying sigh, “Don't think like that, I made it quite clear to her what my her chances of that happening were quite a while ago.” Seth looks over at her and waves her over, “Sakura this is Airo, he helped me save you.”
Sakura nods at him, “Thank you, for saving me all those years ago.”
Airo shakes her hand, “You are welcome, who knew we'd return to this place, huh Seth?”
Seth knocks back another bottle, “You know it's funny, back on my world we had beer and it tasted awful but people still drank it, you'd think in a world with magic,” Seth drinks down another one, “They could at least make this stuff taste better.”
“Seth you should come with me to the castle, Queen Henrietta has requested”
“SCREW THE QUEEN!” Seth slams the bottle on the table and it shatters cutting open his hand, “WHAT HAS SHE EVER DONE FOR US!?”
Airo gets off his chair and steps away from Seth, “She needs us.”
“SHE DOESN'T DESERVE US!”
“Seth you need to calm down, Tristain needs the Holy Knights.”
Seth shakes his head, “I left the leadership to Zion when Rain died, what happened did he have a nice family so his time is all used up, I couldn't be with my wife when she died but Zion can't leave Tabitha?”
Airo shakes his head, “I heard rumors that you changed, I knew you would have changed because of Rain, but I didn't think you'd become a coward.” Airo walks away and just as the door closes a bottle shatters against what would have been the back of his head.
Seth slams his fist down on the table and looks over at Sakura, “WHAT!?”
 
From the bar to the castle is a two day trip on foot, one day for carriage, and for the left leg of god, a few short hours. Airo walks inside the castle and down the halls, no guards try to stop her the maids and servants all bow and say hello. Airo can't help but wonder why Seth decided to not live in the castle like Airo and Hina had decided. After waiting outside of two large doors for a moment they both open up to a grand room with a thrown on the far end. Airo stops about fifteen feet of the thrown and bows, “My Queen.”
Henrietta stands up and walks over to Airo, “Please stop bowing, you are one of my dearest friends, tell me do you have any good news of Seth.”
“He is alive.....”
The Queen almost laughs at the fact that breathing is the only good thing that Airo can say about Seth. Suddenly a night barges into the chambers, “What is the meaning of this!?”
The knight turns his back to her, “My Queen there is a man who has gotten past the main gate and is headed this way.”
She runs to the window and looks outside, “Let him in.”
Escorted by twenty fully armored men and five members of the female only Gun Brigade the man is presented to the Queen. His hair is long and and is tied in the back but his face is still half covered. He kneels down and plants his fist on the ground, revealing square class magic gauntlets. As he stands a pendant like the ones the woman at the Tristain Magic Academy wear swings out from his shirt held by a silver necklace.
“Seth?”
He smiles, “My Queen is has been a long time, I'm sorry for making you wait.”