Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Message from Mrs. Blue
 
After his little accident with a royal messenger Seth decided for the group that they would stay at an inn before leaving for their separate destinations, Kai's being Albion, Rain's and Seth's the blue gang.
Seth sneaks out of Rain's and his room and out of the inn. Kai is already outside, waiting for him, “Kai, I didn't even hear you leave your room.”
“I could hear your breathing as you where coming down the steps to the first floor.” Kai stands up and walks away. Seth rolls his eyes and follows after him. They reach a partially open area a couple of miles from the inn and Kai turns back to Seth, “Should I kill you I will make sure Rain is taken care off.”
Seth pulls on his new gauntlets and smiles as they shrink to his size, “The last person that mentioned Rain before we fought, I beat him pretty bad.”
Kai draws his sword and it suddenly grows into a broad sword, “I am not some gang boss, I am a soldier.”
Seth keeps his distance from Kai as he has just seen a sword grow not only in length but in width. Kai charges ahead and swings horizontally but Seth hops backwards dodging the tip of the broad sword. The sword turns into a much smaller short sword and Kai suddenly thrusts forward and Seth has to block the blade with his gauntlets not liking how close the short sword got to his face. Seth quickly pushes Kai away from him and connects with a left cross that turns Kai. Seth jumps and drop kicks Kai in the back and he falls down to the ground.
Seth lands on his feet and makes a mocking face at Kai who is still on the ground. Kai grabs his blade and points it at Seth and the blade quickly becomes an extremely long slender blade. Seth covers his face with his right hand and the tip of the blade slams into his palm and pushes Seth backwards until the blade stops growing. As the blade retracts Seth charges forward and quickly gets ahead of the shrinking blade not allowing Kai to swing and Seth connects with a strong uppercut. Kai is lifted into the air and comes back down on his feet looking no worse than he did before.
Kai smiles and then suddenly disappears from Seth's sight. Kai suddenly reappears and Seth calls to his knees a cut suddenly starts bleeding from his thigh. Kai stops and puts his palm out. A blast of wind slams into Seth and lifts him into the air. Seth falls into a tree and hits a bunch of branches before landing awkwardly on his side driving the wind from his lungs. Kai walks over to Seth and crosses the blunt side of his sword across Seth's throat.
“Commoner, you won't be able to beat me, I am a soldier of legend.” Seth doesn't understand what Kai is talking about but he figures that speaking might not be the best idea since there is a sword at his throat. Kai removes his blade and puts it back in the scarab.
A loud sound rings through the air and Kai's scarab and blade are knocked off his belt. Seth starts to stand up but the sound rings again and something hits Seth's gauntlet causing a spark. A figure well hidden by his blue and black outfit walks into the moon light.
“I have a message from Mrs. Blue for you. She says that she is waiting for you to come and amuse her and remember, the compass works both ways.” The person steps out of the light and practically disappears.
Kai picks up his scarab and there is a chunk of metal stuck in it, “What is this?”
Seth stands up and looks at the scarab, “It's a bullet!?”
Kai yanks the bullet out of his scarab, “What is a bullet?”
Seth takes it form Kai's hand, “It is ammunition for a gun.” Kai clearly doesn't understand what Seth is talking about, “A gun is a weapon that fires these faster than any arrow and these can cause a lot of damage.”
Kai scoffs, “What kind of message was that?”
Seth puts the bullet in his pocket and leaves towards the inn.
 
 
Seth sneaks into the room but is extremely surprised to see that Rain is sitting up in her bed waiting, “Where have you been?”
Seth walks towards his bed and sits down, “Me and Kai had to settle some things.”
“You fought him?”
“Yeah......”
Rain sighs, “I knew that this was going to happen, are you okay?” Seth pulls down his pants and Rain turns her head, “What are you doing!?”
Seth goes into his pack and pulls out some wrap he got, “He cut my thigh, if it is all the same to you I'd rather not bleed to death.”
Rain turns back around, Seth's leg is bleeding and doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon, “Seth, do you need a doctor?”
Seth shakes his head, “If I've lived through fire magic, lighting swords, I don't think I'd need to see a doctor from something so normal as a cut.” Seth's usual odd look at life in this world continues to confuse and amaze Rain at the same time, “Hey, uh Rain, I'm sorry....”
“Sorry, for what?”
Seth looks up from what he's doing, “Yeah, I kinda yelled at you yesterday, I'm sorry.” Seth finishes wrapping his leg and lays back on his bed, “Good night.”
Rain lays back down, “Seth?”
“Hm?”
“Thanks.”