Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Debt
 
Seth and Kai don't tell Rain about the message that was left from the apparent leader of the blue gang instead they only admit to the fight in the forest both agreeing that it was a tie. After a few days of traveling they reach the place that Rain and Seth were when they were kidnapped by Kai and the Albion soldiers.
Kai bows slightly, “I am sure that Wales has given you agreeable compensation in his letter before taking the mission?” Kai turns and starts to walk away but Seth runs in front of him and stops him, “What do you want?”
Seth smirks, “You know Rain there is a really good chance that we will never meet Wales, I mean, he is a Prince and all.” Rain agrees but doesn't see where Seth is going, “Since we will never meet him to collect our award I am sure that Wales would gladly let us barrow one of his soldiers.” Now Rain sees where he is going, “So under that belief Kai, I want you to repay your brothers debt by helping us take down the blue gang. After that we will call all debts fulfilled and you can do whatever you want.”
Kai grits his teeth and clenches his fists tight together, “If that, is your wish, then as a soldier of Albion I would be, honored to repay the Prince's debt.” Kai opens his hands and takes a deep breath.
“Was it really that hard for you to say?”
“To you?”
Seth just shakes his head and walks back over to Rain, “Okay Rain time to use the compass.” rain pulls out the compass and it points in the direction they are already heading, “Well I guess that's a good thing, no need to do any back tracking.” He thinks about what the messenger said, “Rain, remember, since we have that compass, the blue gang and the red gang will be able to find us.”
“I know, I'm not stupid I was listening when Tayo explained it.” Rain smiles at a moderately deflated Seth, “Come on let's go.” Kai and Seth follow Rain as she gets a little head start on the familiar and the soldier of Albion. Rain spins around, “And now that you two are fighting for me, no more fighting.” Seth feels even more deflated while Kai just scoffs, “Good so we have an understanding.”
 
 
The group reaches a fortress like building, the compass is pointing right into it.
Seth looks at the compass from over Rain's shoulder, “Think this is the place.” She nods and puts the compass away, “Well let's do it then, we'll see how great this blue gang is.”
With Kai's help Seth opens the large metal door. The whole area is empty except a staircase leading down.
Kai looks down at the hole and then looks around the football sized open area, “Seems like a pretty obvious trap.” Seth pulls on his gauntlets and drops his pack in a bush so that he doesn't have to carry it through the area below the ground. Rain pulls out her wand and makes a small fire levitate around the tip. The three slowly make their way down the steps. As they reach the last step the whole hallway lights up automatically like motion sensor lights only, they are still torches. Rain puts out the fire on her wand and hides it back in her sleeve and follows from the back of the group. Kai pulls out his sword and it takes the form of a long dagger with a bladed, brass knuckle style handle.
As they continue forward Seth begins to notice that this place is exactly like Tayo's building on with apparently more technological advances, more than likely through the use of magic. Just like with Tayo's building the hall opens into a very large open room except on one end instead of a bunch of slobs and a picnic table, there are hundreds of vials and beakers filled with random colored liquids.
A square of the ceiling lowers down and five people are on it. Four are wearing long white coats and one, a woman with dark indigo hair, wearing a blue hair tie. The four are talking to the woman about something until one notices Seth, Kai, and Rain.
The woman looks up from whatever she was looking at, “Well finally, I have been waiting for you. The woman snaps her fingers and the four people in white pull out wands and point them at the floor. Suddenly the ground begins to grow an transform into random shapes and sizes. After a few minutes the ground finally stops moving and becomes something like what Seth would compare a paintball arena to look like. The four leave on the elevator like piece of ceiling leaving the woman and the group.
“Well, this is my arena, if you can guess I am into science, and one of the greatest marvels of science is the invention of the gun. I am very well informed so I know why you are here and I had my people already take care of it. Should you defeat me your prive is waiting with your pack.”
Seth looks back at Rain, “Does she mean my pack, I left it outside, I hid it in a bush.”
The woman begins to laugh, “You really don't get it yet, the compass is inside that pack, it isn't very hard to find when you can go to right where it is.” She frowns when she notices that Kai is part of the group, “Who is this, I was told there was only two people.”
Kai steps forward and his blade grows back to its' normal shape, “I am Kai Tutor, a knight of Albion, and who are you?”
“This simply will not do, I guess to make things fair.” She suddenly whips up the hand that was resting at her side. In her hand is a pistol like gun and before anyone can move she fires one bullet. The piece of metal hits Seth right in the shoulder and passes out the other side. Seth falls to the ground rolling and groaning from the smoldering bullet wound in his shoulder. My name is Kleer echoes around the big open room.
Rain quickly tries to figure out how to help Seth but Seth pushes her away, “You need to run, that this is a gun and it could kill you from just about any distance.” Rain tries to help him still but Seth shoves her back again, “Run, hide!”
Rain nods and runs off in the opposite direction and disappears behind a bunch of objects.
Seth crawls to a different location, “That was a pretty cheap move Kleer!”
“Three on one and I'm being accused of something?” A piece of the wall guarding Seth is broken away from a bullet shot right beside his head.
Kai takes his sword and shrinks it down to the size of a regular knife and begins to runs around the area tying to get behind Kleer. He climbs up into a tree like object and finds her searching for someone. He quickly jumps down and tackles her and she drops the gun. Kai charges at her and swings his blade, it grows beyond its normal length and size by the time his swing is done. Kleer leans backwards and the blade passes just over her body. As Kai is recoiling with his larger sword she kicks him in the gut and then lands a surprisingly powerful uppercut knocking him into the air. Kai crashes into the ground and quickly gets back to his feet, but the gun and Kleer are both gone. He quickly scrambles behind something and makes his sword into a broad sword in case she is in front of him.
Seth stands and stumbles behind another tree like object and looks at his shoulder, “I bullet passed right through....I think that is a good thing?”
Kleer drops down in front of him and puts the gun right up under his chin, “Looks like this is it for you.”
Seth smirks, “Aqua!”
A condensed blast of water launches form his right hand and slams into Kleer's gut knocking her back into a cluster of odd looking things. Seth runs after her but when he gets to where she landed she is done. Seth turns around and Kleer is behind him. She slams the butt of the gun into his bullet wound and kicks him under his chin before he can scream out in pain. She spins and sweeps his legs and then jumps up into the air. She comes down on top of him with her knees on either side of his face, sitting on chest pinning him down.
“Don't get any ideas.” She puts the gun to his forehead and pulls back on the hammer, “Bye bye.”
A blast of wind knocks Kleer off of Seth and another current lifts her off the ground and slams her into the ceiling and through to whatever is above. Rain walks out from a hiding spot her face is beat red, “What was that?”
Seth can't explain himself just a simple shrug and a, “She had a gun to my head,” comes out. Rain shakes her head and looks up at the hole in the ceiling, “Are we gonna follow her?”
Kai falls behind Rain from some above vantage point, “We should follow her before we lose her.”
With another blast of wind the three are lifted up into a darker room. As their feet touch the ground Kleer jumps out from around the corner and fires a shot right at Rain.
'SHIT!'
The world slows as Rain hits the ground. Seth falls to his knees a shocked, pain-filled expression on his face. Seth falls forward and hits the floor with a simply thud. Rain quickly scrambles over to him, blood is beginning to pool under him.
She flips him over and rest his head in her lap as Kai leaps over them and chases after Kleer. “Why did you do that, you are already hurt.” Rain's eyes begin to swell with tears. Seth slowly reaches up and wipes away a tear that had begun to roll down her cheek.
“Rain.....”
She wraps her arms around him and holds him close, “Please don't die, please...Seth you can't die, I don't want to be alone.”
Seth's hearing seems to be disappearing as Rain voice is sounding farther and father away. He isn't sure if it made any sound but at the very least he lipped the words, “I love you.” As his eyes close he marvels at the irony of his current situation. In a world with magic, dragons, knights, in a world where the most devastating weapon is a sword, he has been shot, twice. He looks up and Rain is still saying something but he is tired, Seth closes his eyes, black............