Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 22

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Identity Crisis
 
Seth can't fall asleep after what had happened earlier in the day.
'The guy just faded away, even in this world that doesn't make a lot a sense'
He slowly scoots away from Rain's sleeping body and leaves the tent, the night air is cool, the summer must be coming to a close. Seth begins to wonder if this world even has a winter or if the weather is always like this. A cold gust chills him and he pulls on his sleeveless shirt and sits down by the still warm embers from the fire they made for cooking. He pokes at the embers with a stick and watches as sparks fly up at ride the gentle wind off into the night.
“Can't sleep?” Seth looks over his shoulder as Airo's wife walks over with a blanket draped over her shoulders.
“Yeah, why are you still up?”
Hina tightens her grip on the blanket, “I'm just not used to this kind of thing. I've never been in a fight before, I only have used my magic for peaceful things.”
Seth smirks, “Well if it makes you feel better about it, you actually didn't fight this time.”
Hina smiles a little but she doesn't look very confident, “I don't know if I can help you at this, I know that Airo wouldn't have joined your group.”
Seth looks back down at the embers, “Yeah thanks for that.”
She looks at Seth but not just to look she begins to notice his features, “Seth where are you from?”
“Can't figure it out huh?” Seth smiles and laughs a little at the green hair girl probably thinking he looks weird with brown hair.
“No your eyes and your hair are both rather strange.” She notices that he seems be to laughing at her, “Did I say something wrong?”
Seth shakes his head, “No you didn't say anything wrong, I'm not from here.”
“Ohhh, you are from Albion or Romania then?”
Seth laughs again, “No I'm not from this world. I am from a planet called Earth. I was summoned to this world by Rain. I'm a familiar like Airo.”
Now it is Hina's turn to laugh, “Airo isn't my familiar he is my husband.”
“He isn't your familiar, I know he's your husband but, I though you had to be a familiar to have these symbols.”
“Airo had those symbols from birth according to him.” Hina blows into her hands and rubs them together. She stands up and yawns and does a big stretch and her blanket falls of her shoulders. Hina picks up the blanket and holds hit against her body, “Thanks for talking with me, I think I'm going to go to sleep now.”
“Not a problem, goodnight.”
Hina waves and goes back into her and Airo's tent.
Seth stands up and stretches, “I'm still not tired.”
 
 
Seth is still sitting beside the now completely out fire as everyone starts waking up and coming out of their tents. Rain pokes her head out of her tent and when she notices Seth sitting outside on the ground she comes out and kneels down beside him, “Are you okay Seth, is something wrong.”
He looks over at her dark rings have begun to show up under his eyes, “I'm fine,” he lets out a big yawn and falls forward into Rain's arms. He says something but it is muffled and Rain doesn't think it would have actually been coherent anyway.
She smiles and wraps her arm around Seth's back and holds him against her, “Seth what am I going to do with you?” Zion walks over and looks at Rain and then at Seth and shakes his head, “Zion what are we going to do?”
“Well we could let him sleep and just stay here but I don't see how that would really be productive, I could carry him.” Rain leans forward making Seth fall backwards into Zion. Zion picks him up and drapes him over his shoulder with very little difficulty.
“How can you lift him so easily?”
Zion opens his eyes and his left eyes is growly faintly, “I'm using magic to make him lighter.”
Airo walks past Zion and mocking says, “Maybe if you had some physical strength you wouldn't need magic.” Airo spins around and smiles at Zion.
Zion raises his eyebrow at Airo, “Maybe you'd smell a little better if you bathed more than one a week.” Zion and Airo both laugh seeming to find humor from each of their insults. Rain and Hina shake their heads not understanding how men can laugh at each other after insulting one another.
 
 
The room is dim but everything is still very visible a woman slowly opens one of the two front doors to the rooms, “Sir why must you sit in such a dark room and wear sunglasses?”
The man doesn't adjust the way he is sitting with his leg draped over the arm rest of his large seat, “I don't like bright lights, Midori you know that better than anyone.”
“Kuro you need to get out of this room you've been just sitting in here, you hardly eat you rarely sleep, if you keep this up you will end up like Shiroko and be locked away only for when you are needed.”
“Shiroko brought that upon himself, he is just a weapon now, a tool that Prism uses when he isn't interested in what is happening in his own life,” he sounds so disenchanted with his very existence.
Midori sighs and shakes her head as she walks over to the somber man and hands him a glass of water, “Kuro, sir, at very least have something to drink otherwise you are going to end up withering like a plant.” Kuro takes the glass and gulps it down and then drops the glass to the ground and it shatters on the hard cement like ground. “Sir!” Midori grits her teeth and she walks over to the corner and retrieves a waste basket. As she walks back over to him she shakes her head, “Are you really so bored with this world that you must cause me such trouble?”
He looks down at the woman as she is picking up the glass, “Then leave.”
Midori looks up at Kuro and smiles instead of lashing out, “You would die without me, I can't have that on my conscious.”
Kuro swings his leg over the arm rest so that he is sitting normal, “I would huh, that is funny. I have found something of interest to tell you the truth.”
“Oh, really,” Midori leans on against the side of the chair from her seated position and she looks out the only window, “What is it, has Prism given you an assignment.”
Kuro stands up and stretches, “One of my copies was beaten,” Midori looks over at Kuro, almost more surprised that Kuro is now standing than the news, “I think I shall pursue this a little further.” Kuro scratches the top of his head and then cracks his neck. Kuro walks over to the back of his crown like seat and pulls a knife out of a coat on he floor behind his chair. “This will be interesting.” He swiftly swipes the blade over the top of his forearm. He turns his arm over so that two drops of blood land on the ground.
Midori stands up and steps in front of Kuro. Kuro wraps his arms around her and places a few kisses on her neck as his hands roam her body. She begins to chant something and the blood drops begin to lift from the ground until they are eye level with Kuro. She opens her eyes and says one last unknown phrase and the blood glows a bright green color as they begin to grow and shrink until a bright light like a solar explosion fills the room with impenetrable white light. When the light fades there are not one nor two, but three Kuros standing all around Midori.
The original Kuro behind Midori steps back from her and she falls to the ground her breathing a little labored and a small cut on her forearm begins to slowly bleed. Kuro sits back down in his chair, “Do you know where to go?”
“Yes.” Both Kuros say in unison.
“Do you know what to do?”
“Yes.”
“Then go do it.”