InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ New Life ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Year: 1534
Month: February

Kagome moved quietly through the trees. She was in the deep forest, going in the direction she felt her son.

“What have we here?”

Freezing, Kagome turned to look about her. Who had said that? She saw no one about her.

“Over here child.”

Turning, she found herself facing a tree with a face. “You're a tree.”

The tree laughed. “Yes, I am a tree and you have eaten the flesh of a mermaid.”

Kagome tilted her head in confusion. “Was I not supposed to? They attacked me and I was stuck at sea for a long time.”

The tree studied her for a long moment. “What do you have in that basket you carry?”

Kagome looked down and then held it out toward him. “It is what remains of the mermaids. I thought to not waste it and to use it during my travels. Or to sell for clothing and weapons.”

“You must never give that to another child. You are one of the lucky ones. Perhaps it is because your soul is so pure, but I cannot guarantee that. Mermaid flesh is poisonous. It is very rare when a human becomes immortal.”

Kagome paled as she clutched her throat. “I'm…. it's….” The basket fell from her grip.

“It will be fine child. Keep it for food to eat during your journey but do not share it.” Suddenly the tree grew quiet. “Hurry take the basket and the flesh and step next to me child. You must hurry.”

Kagome could feel the powerful aura headed their way. Hastily picking up the pieces of meat, she took the basket and moved next to the tree. In an instant, she was pulled into the tree herself. She could still hear and see everything.

After a few tense moments, she saw Sesshomaru appear. “Bokuseno.”

“Ahh Sesshomaru. What brings you to this old tree?”

“There is an intruder Bokuseno. This Sesshomaru demands answers.”

“I have seen no such intruder Sesshomaru. I have just merely woken up from a nap at the approach of your aura.” Sesshomaru remained there for what seemed like centuries, staring at Bokuseno before moving away.

She felt Bokuseno slip back into slumber. She sighed softly. Apparently, she was stuck till he woke once more. Had she had room to jump she would have when Bokuseno's voice caressed over her. “Have no worries child. Your son continues this way. You will rest here until it is certain that Sesshomaru has left the area. Sleep now. While you sleep, you will be taught. I shall form weapons for you and clothing as well. Sleep for now.” Kagome nodded and closed her eyes, a small smile playing on her lips.

Shippo panted as he crawled into the roots of a tree. He was tired. He had been running all day and part way into the night. Yawning, he curled up, casting an illusion to cover the entrance. He would sleep this night. He needed to get as much rest as possible. “Mama… I'm coming.”

3 Days Later

Kagome shifted.

“Child… awaken…” It was Bokuseno's voice.

“Boku… seno…?”

“Awaken… your son has arrived. “

“My… son?”

“Yes child. Awaken. Your weapons are complete, as is your training. Awaken Kagome, Warrior Miko.”

Kagome's eyes slowly opened as she stumbled to her knees. “Ship…po…” Her voice was soft, barely able to be heard.

“Mama! Are you okay Mama…?” Strength moved through her body. Pushing herself up, she placed a hand on Bokuseno's trunk to help steady her.

“Child… eat.”

Looking down, she saw the basket with her meat. Kneeling, she plucked a couple of pieces of the meat. After a couple of pieces, Kagome felt her strength return to her. Standing, she looked around. Shippo was immediately in her arms.

“Mama!”

“Shippo. My baby, you're safe.”

“I knew you didn't die. I felt it.”

Kagome froze as she heard something. After a couple of moments, a rabbit came out of the shrubbery.

“Child, I have something for you now to better protect you with.” Kagome watched a handle come out and found herself gently grasping the handle. As she pulled, the sword and sheathe slowly came out of the trunk.

“This is…”

“Yes, it is the first of its kind. It is like the Hanyou's weapon, but it is different. Inspect the blade.”

Kagome held the sheathe lightly and pulled the sword out. Her gaze froze on the blade itself. The sharp edge was on the wrong side. She blinked in surprise. A faint memory of a show from her time came into her mind. “What… is… this…?”

“The blade is called a Sakebatou. This blade is much different, and it suits you better. It is created with the thought in mind of defending one rather than killing. Should the case ever be necessary to kill, all that needs to be done is to turn the blade.”

Shippo stared in shock. “Mama... it's… not right.”

“No Shippo. This blade is special.” Placing the blade back into the sheathe, it let out a soft ring.

“I have one more gift to give you child. It belonged to the one that joined with your soul and I find it fitting that it belongs to you.”

Kagome turned to Bokuseno. At the foot of the tree rested some clothes. Lifting them, Kagome tilted her head. It seemed to be a cross between Sango's exterminator outfit and Inuyasha's outfit. The coloring was black with dark blue on it. Kneeling, she donned the outfit. She knew for a fact that Midoriko had worn it. Below it, she found a pair of small daggers that could be used for hair decorations. Wrapping her hair into a bun, she placed the daggers in her hair. The pale blue sakura blossoms glittered in the night sky.

Shippo blushed and gasped in awe. “You look beautiful Mama…”

“Thank you Shippo. Come… we must go now.” Placing her blade in the belt around her waist, she turned and bowed to Bokuseno. “I thank you Bokuseno for everything.”

“You are welcome here at your whim child. I would suggest that you do not allow Sesshomaru to capture you. Your strength will now be different. Allow me this one last gift. It belonged to Midoriko.” The bow formed at the base. Lifting the bow, she settled it on her back. She saw arrows as well. There was a total of maybe twenty arrows. “The arrows are spelled to never break and to return into your possession on thought. They will fly so you must be careful and catch them before they impale you.”

“Thank you again Bokuseno. I shall return in a year's time to reveal my gratitude and show how I have progressed. I shall return every year on this day in honor of what you have done.” Bokuseno smiled before fading. “You have done good child.”

Kagome moved through the trees silently with Shippo on her shoulder. To any random local, she would appear to be a mysterious woman. They would most likely think her a witch. A smirk appeared on her face. This smirk was very unlike the innocent Kagome that most knew.

Shippo stared up at her in confusion. What had happened to his mama? Suddenly, the normal Kagome was back. She glanced down at Shippo with a soft smile. “Let's find a village to rest in for a couple of days Shippo.” Shippo nodded.

“What about me being a youkai?”

“You need not worry about that. I will protect you.” Shippo nodded and snuggled deeply into her arms.

Kagome gazed down at the village quietly, inspecting it. It was a large village. She could see the palace of a daimyo nearby the village. Her gaze hardening somewhat for a moment, she began to walk into the village. Dawn had risen not too long before. She could already see the villagers out and about.

As she reached the outskirts, people started to pay attention to her. Shippo was still snuggled in her arms, not visible right off the bat. Many of them stared at her in awe while others stared at her in suspicion. Keeping her head bowed, she moved quietly down the path. She could almost feel the stares of the villagers. As she reached the village, she felt Shippo shift. “Hold still Shippo.” Her voice was soft and dangerous. He froze instantly.

Kagome's eyes narrowed; cold eyes watched him take a soft breath before freezing. She knew that he could scent the humans. Her fingers, hidden in the sleeve of her shirt, caressed Shippo's forehead softly. “But a moment my son.” The words were murmured lightly, barely heard by Shippo. Her power rose to her hand and began to seep into Shippo's form. She felt him wiggle and pressed her finger more against him. He whimpered softly. “Shhh… It will be okay my son.” He curled farther into her. Kagome suddenly froze.

“Hold it right there.”