InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanyou Fantasies ❯ Playing Nice ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Review Happy: Some of you people seem to find this silly little fic funny. So I reread it and realized there was some actual comedy potential. But that might require an actual story. So I scratched my head and tried to come up with something. Have no idea where it's going…well, yes I do. Actually, started laughing my head off in line at Starbucks this morning just thinking about it. But, I'll let you be the judges. Hope you enjoy the next few chapters as much as I do just thinking about them. Keep those reviews coming to let me know if I pulled it off (who knows, if you keep reading, Kag may even pull it off….)
 
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters or anything. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
 
Playing Nice
 
I walked back to the hot springs kind of slowly. I was thinking really hard. Running and thinking usually aren't such a good idea to do at the same time.
 
Maybe if I tried to be a little nicer…
 
Could I really - did I really want to - come on to Kagome? The idea had always sort of been out there. Sometimes when she got really pissed at me, like every day, it occurred to me that she thought we were sort of a couple anyway. And I did get jealous over Kouga. I never really understood why. The guy just pissed me off mostly, but whenever he touched her or called her his `mate' I just saw red and wanted to smash him. Did that mean we really were - already - kind of - together? And if we were already - together - could I get some-
 
ZIIIIIPPP ------- THWAK!!!!!!!!!!!
 
“What the fuck?!” I yelped out of sheer terror as something zipped past my nose and thwaked right into the tree next to me. It was a fucking arrow. That bitch just shot at me!
 
I heard another arrow fly and ducked. It flew over my head and into another tree.
 
“Shoot!” Kagome said from behind another tree. “These arrows just don't work!”
 
My heart was beating in my ears. I wasn't sure if should stand up. I might get pinned to another tree. I felt the ground vibrate under my hand and realized she was running towards me. I figured I better let her know I was here or I'd get killed by accident, so I jumped up and swung around the tree.
 
SMACK! The bitch ran right into me. And it hurt.
 
“Eeeeeee!” she screamed.
 
“Oi, bitch! Don't scream, it hurts my ears!” I shook my head trying to clear the ringing, then I heard my heart wonking around in my chest full of adrenaline and I opened my mouth without thinking. “You almost shot me!” I glared down at her on the ground where she'd fallen. Except for the fact that she had clothes on this time, she looked a little like she had in my dream. Leaning back on her hands, her knees up and spread a little bit apart, her smell… Suddenly my heart was beating even faster in my chest and I felt a blip down below - right about eye level for her. Oops. Down boy! We looked at each other for a second and it occurred to me that this might be one of those times I could try to be nicer.
 
“InuYasha! Where did you come from?” I could hear her heart beating fast in her chest. She was excited.
 
“I was just coming back from the - uh,” oh shit! I was supposed to be checking for bad guys! “from looking for that thing I -“ why was I looking for bad guys again? “smelled.” Shit, I am such a lame liar. Gotta work on that.
 
“Well, you scared me half to death!” Kagome was getting mad. I guess I could understand that, I didn't like to be surprised either. Time to be nice.
 
“Sorry,” I said. “Here, let me help you get up.” I put my hand out and she looked at me, like she'd just seen Shippou turn into a slathering dragon with actual teeth. What? Am I that much of a jerk that she doesn't know when I'm trying to be nice? She didn't move. “Come on, bitch!” I grabbed her hand and yanked her to her feet. She rubbed her wrist and scowled at me. Gotta work on that.
 
“Sorry,” I said again. She looked at me funny.
 
“Are you okay, InuYasha?” I couldn't help it. I felt the burning of a blush hit my cheeks and skid across my face. Dammit! She's on to me!
 
“Of course I'm okay!” I blushed again. “Why wouldn't I be okay?” I put my hands on my hips and gave her a scowl ten times meaner than the one she just gave me. Oh, way to be nice, asshole.
 
“Do you realize,” she laughed lightly, “that you just-” she laughed again and I felt my blush getting hotter, even though I didn't know why. “you just apologized to me.” She laughed harder. Bitch. “Twice!” She was bent over in laughter. I saw her little green skirt hike up to her butt and felt a twitch down below. Dammit!
 
“Why is that so funny?” Caught! “I was just trying to be nice!” Out of habit, I shoved my hands in my sleeves and turned my back on her. She probably thought I was mad, but I was really trying to hide a blush that just wouldn't stop.
 
“I'm sorry, InuYasha,” her laughter died down a little and I felt her hand on my sleeve, “I really wasn't trying to shoot you.” She giggled again and I felt the warmth of her hand through the cloth on my arm. It felt good. Another twitch below. Shit!
 
Normally, I would have yanked my arm away and stalked off. Or grumbled something mean. Or just huffed and brooded for a while. But I wanted to be nice. So, I just stood there, unsure what “nice” sounded like.
 
She didn't move her hand and it occurred to me that she was waiting for me to grumble or huff or whatever. But I wasn't going to do that this time. I was going to be nice. I turned back around, swiveling on my heel. As I turned my body, her hand stayed on my sleeve and by the time I'd moved all the way back to look down at her, she practically had her arm around me. Her smell rose up between the heat of our bodies, which were only an inch apart and our eyes met. I felt kind of sucked into them. Her face was so pretty and her eyes looked like she really was sorry and she really didn't want me to be mad and she felt something… I was getting a little dizzy, so focused on her deep brown, chocolaty eyes. My eyes slipped down to stare at her slightly parting lips and I felt my arms start to slide out of my sleeves like they wanted to wrap around her waist. Suddenly, I felt another blip down below and another fucking blush spread across my cheeks. Whoa! Not so fast, asshole. This is the real Kagome and she will fucking kill you so dead you won't know what hit you!
 
I blinked and took a step backwards. She didn't let go of my sleeve. Damn! If she didn't let go of me, my friggin' cock was going to think she wanted me and I'd be all over her so fast she'd kill me for sure. I took a deep breath and reached up to take her hand off. When our fingers touched, I got an electric jolt all the way through me and both our hearts sped up again.
 
“Let go of me,” I said. Oh, brilliant move, asshole! Even I knew that was a mistake.
 
“Sorry,” she said and blinked like she was coming out of some kind of spell. This time she blushed and looked down at her hand, the one I'd just let go of. I saw her blink again and then get all jittery. “I'm sorry,” she said again and turned away, her heart fluttering so fast in her chest that it sounded to me like a bird stuck in a cage. She moved over and reached up to try and pull at the arrow in the tree. Oh fuck, now I've done it. She maybe wanted me to do something and what did I do? Push her away. Idiot! She was struggling to get the arrow out of the tree. It was above her head and she didn't have a good angle on it.
 
“Here,” I said, stepping over to her and reaching up to take the arrow. My hand wrapped around hers. “Let me do that.”
 
“No!” She shoved me away with her shoulder. Oops. She's really pissed. I'm not sure why, but I didn't let go of the arrow, keeping my hand over hers. She kept pushing herself into my chest, trying to get me to let go. She was warm... And soft…When I didn't let go, she threw her whole body into it and before I knew it her ass was pushing into my hips and I had to twist away a little so she didn't feel my cock start to harden up again. My heart was speeding up as she pushed against me and I felt the blood start to rush. Good! I heard her make her little Kagome-growl noise, which were pretty pathetic for a growl, but suddenly I thought it was pretty cute. Her `growl' got louder. Not good. Out of sheer self-preservation, I let go of the arrow and stepped back, breathing harder than I should have. That was really fun!
 
“What's wrong with you?” she asked over her shoulder as she kept working the shaft of the arrow. Her wriggling shook her butt and skirt nicely. I could tell she was really flustered, her heart beating, color rising in her cheeks… and I was really liking it. She wriggled the arrow out of the tree, our joint efforts having loosened it for her. “You're acting so weird!” I really didn't have a very good comeback, so I just stared at her and concentrated on trying to get my hard-on under control. “Hello! InuYasha!” She waved her hand in front of my face. Boy, she's right. I am acting weird.
 
“What?” I snapped out of it and stuck my hands back in my sleeves where they liked to be. This also had the nice effect of covering up the bulge in my pants that I couldn't seem to get all the way back down. “I was just trying to help! If you could shoot worth a damn, you wouldn't need my help.”
 
Her face clouded over in an expression I knew all to well.
 
“Inuyasha!” Here it comes, idiot…”Sit!”
 
The dirt came up so fast I didn't have time to throw my hands down and I took it full force in the chin and in the dick. Owwww…
 
Deserved that one, asshole.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
By the time I'd recovered and walked back to the hot springs, glancing carefully around every tree to make sure she wasn't aiming for me on purpose, I was pretty sure I'd gotten myself back under control. Considering how fucked up my first attempt at being nice was, I decided to try another approach. I'd try to do what she said and not fight her all the time. It occurred to me that the first thing she'd want was dinner, so I went and found some tasty looking snakes and lizards.
 
I smelled her before I could see her. Her scent was clean and sweet, and maybe I was making it up, but there was a little of that other smell. The one I remembered from my dream. I shook my head to clear it. You're makin' shit up, Inu. But I took another sniff anyway. No reason I couldn't enjoy my made-up shit.
 
As I rounded a tree to come into the clearing, I saw her. She was building up a fire with some wood she'd collected. Her back was to me and she was on her hands and knees, arranging the kindling, wearing that fucking short skirt... My heart jumped in the same direction my cock did - straight up. Damn! Thank kami she couldn't see me.
 
“Ahem!” I said. She straightened up quickly and I saw her pull her skirt down. She turned around and I held up my catch for her to see, sure she'd be happy that I'd thought to get dinner without being asked.
 
Her face fell, “Oh,” she said. “I kind of felt like rabbit tonight.”
 
What? Bitch! Do you know what I had to go through to get these? Well, not much really, but still, I did have to run a few yards. Remember, stupid, if you have any hope with her tonight - BE NICE!
 
“Uh-“ how the hell do I be nice again? Oh right, agree with her.. ”Yeah, me too,” her face brightened a little and I felt a little relief. “This is just for starters,” she looked even happier. “I'll go find a rabbit now.” She got this big pretty smile on her face, and I breathed again. See, dumbshit. Just do what she wants and it'll all be good.
 
“I'll go get the rabbit and be back soon.” She bent down to pick up the snakes and lizards and I got a quick view under her skirt again. There was that nice little white strip of cloth. I blipped again and it felt good. I turned around so she couldn't see the smile on my face, or anything else. As I headed out again, feeling good, I heard her call behind me.
 
“Inuyasha?” Her voice was sweet, like a song.
 
“Yeah?” I even sounded happy.
 
“Could you pick up some more firewood while you're out?”
 
“Sure!”
 
Bitch.
 
To be continued….
 
….