InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The newly formed couple was ushered into a small room inside Kagomes house. They had been surrounded by cheers and applause, the noise so over whelming it made Inuyashas ears flatten against his head.

Kagome went through the motions of trying to appear happy; the last thing she wanted was to cause suspicion and have everyone eavesdropping on their conversation. Her mother had prepared this area so that way they could become better acquainted with one another. However, the Gods seemed t be laughing at her. She had already met her groom to be! He was that pigheaded ego maniac from earlier! The confines of the room made her feel trapped. She was dying to get some fresh air- and get away from her soon to be husband.

“So, who would have thought that it would turn out this way, eh?” He asked with a smug mile on his lips. He plopped himself down on a chair and crossed his arms. “It was very kind of mother in law to put this together. I would suggest-“

“Don't call her mother in law. It makes me nauseous.” Kagome bit in.

“Oh, very touchy. That no way to talk to your husband, wife.” He teased with mirth in his eyes.

Kagome ran her finger through her hair I frustration. She had told her mom that he would give this engagement a shot. But there was no way, not with him as a fiancée!

“Yeah, about that… I didn't want to say anything out there and embarrass you in front of everyone, but there's no way in Hell I'm marrying you.”

The dog demons ear twitched. “There's no way that you could marry me? You?!” His honey eyes were wide with shock. Who did this woman think she was!

“That's what I said.”

“And why the Hell not?!” Where had that come from? It's not like he was looking forward to holy matrimony; but he was looking forward to his large inheritance. More than that, he had come here for this very purpose, and the damned bitch beat him to it! He was the one that was supposed to be stuck with her, not the other way around.

“Because I don't like you.” Kagome answered easily.

“Well, obviously this aint a love match.” He grunted out. “It's not like you're my first choice or anything. The woman I date make you look like a dog.”

“Good to know. Then you should have no problem convincing one of them to marry you.”

Inuyasha ground his teeth. This woman put him on edge. She challenged him, in a way that made his blood boil. He couldn't tell if he wanted to push her to the ground to fuck her or simply to jut push her down. She as infuriating.

“Its not like I asked for this, ya know.” He spat out. “I don't want this anymore than you do.”

“Then why do you seem so set on it?” Kagome asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Inuyasha growled.

“Because unless I marry you, I can't get my inheritance. My old man wrote it in his will that way. And for some damn reason Myouga is set on you.”

Kagome clicked her tongue and shook her head in mock sympathy. “Such a pity. I don't envy you. I wish you luck persuading that flea to find another bride.” She made a move to exit the room.

“I heard about our family's financial troubles.” He said, causing her to stop in her tracks. “I can pay that off the minute we tie the knot.”

Kagome turned her head to look at him.

“I can take care of my family.” She said with cold eyes.

“Sure, sure. But why not take care of them this way? Why make them suffer while you work when it can be over and done with. It's not like a marriage to me wouldn't be without its benefits. You would have access to the financial funds, a house, cars, and-“

“I don't care about that stuff.” She said indifferently.

Didn't care about that stuff? Had he found the one woman in this world who wasn't materialistic?

“Then what would make it worth your while?” He asked.

“I don't think there's anything that I could gain from marrying you.”

“There would be a severance check. It's not like we would have to stay married. Whatever expenses that you have while were married would be taken care of. Your family too. Your brother should be going to high school soon, right? With this connection you can get him into a really good institution.” He noticed that this caught her attention. He hurried to continue, not willing to lose his momentum. “And it's not like we have to act like a husband and wife. There's nothing in the will about being in love or providing an heir. It just says that we have to be married for a certain amount of time.” He was desperate.

“How long?”

He winced before he answered. “Three years.”

“Three years!” She cried. His ear flattened to the sides of his head.

“Oi bitch! Careful with the volume!”

“If- IF- I agreed to this, let's make one thing clear: you are not in charge of me. I'm allowed to come and go as I please, do as I want, date who I want. And I don't have any intention of sleeping with you.” She said, her tone final.

“Keh! Same here. It seems like we agree then. Do we have a deal?” He extended his hand, waiting for her to confirm the bargain.

She looked at him with distrust. Could she really, really do this? Could she marry this arrogant stranger, just to solve her family's financial problems? To get Souta into a good school? To make sure Gramps would be taken care of? She bit her lip as she slid her hand into his and shook.

It was a deal with the devil.

Correction.

A deal with a demon.

~.~

Inuyasha and Kagome sat across the table from one another, each shifting awkwardly in the tense silence. When they confirmed their engagement, there had been an uproar of approval from both Kagomes family and Myouga. Before either one had known it, they had been pushed out of the house and into a car, taking them to a restaurant for dinner. It was booked so that way the happy couple would have their first official date, and also get to know one another more intimately. Mama had sent them off with a warm smile.

Kagome pushed the food around her plate, thinking of what to say. Situations like these were torture for her. She was chatty by nature and hated bad company. The hanyou across from her seemed content to just sit there and stare. Was this what living in the same house was going to be like?

“So…” Kagome tried again, grasping for a topic. He grunted in response.

“Im uh, sorry about your father.”

He cocked an eyebrow at her. “Keh, don't be. I didn't know him that well.”

This had her intrigued. “Oh?”

Inuyasha shrugged. “Yeah, he died when I was really young. He must have been a really old fashioned bastard to make my inheritance terms set in the feudal era.” He gave her a sly smile. “Why, do you feel the need to comfort me?” He asked, leaning in.

Disgust was plainly written on her face. “”Not even if you had an arrow shot through your chest, dog boy.”

“Dog boy? What the fuck is that?”

“Hm. I think it will be my pet name for you. I'll probably vomit if I have to call you sweetie or darling. Dog boy suits you much better.”

“How original.” He sneered. This bitch was really taking shots at his demon heritage? “It seems only fair that I give you one. I'm not about to call you babe.”

“Good. I think I would kill myself.” She quickly said.

“Yeah, your nickname is definitely bitch.” He said, eyes twinkling. He was provoking her on purpose. As much as she drove him mad, he couldn't deny the fact that she was gorgeous.

Or that he wanted her.

“Excuse me?” She said, her tone cold and dangerous.

“You heard me. I'm gonna call you bitch. It suits you.”

“You better be referring to the fact that you're a dog demon and Im about to be your wife.”

“Whatever makes you feel better, bitch.” He said, a merry tint to his voice. Inuyasha leaned back into his chair and studied her. “Or maybe wench. I can't decide. Hell, why not both!” He showed her a toothy grin, exposing his fangs.

The woman across the table was seething. It was taking all of her will power not to take the plate of food and slam it into his smug face. When she remained silent Inuyasha attempted to prod her, finding he was not finished riling her up.

“Oi bitch, whats the matter? Cat got your tongue?”

Kagome smiled up at him. “I was just thinking that I preferred the silence to anything that comes out of that foul mouth of yours.”

“Feh.” He said dismissively. His little bitch had claws.

“Oh yeah.” He said, as he reached into his jacket pocket. He pulled out a small black box ad thrust it at the woman.

“What this?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

“What the hell do you think it is? Don't get your hopes up thinking I picked it out or anything. Myouga bought it. “

Kagome opened the box, only to find an extremely large diamond engagement ring glaring t her.

“Its… its huge.” She stammered. “This must have cost a fortune.”

Heh, so the little bitch is materialistic after all. Every woman gets like that over expensive jewelry.

“Do I have to wear it?” She asked, pushing the offending box away from her.

“What?”

“I said, do I have to wear it?”

Inuyasha looked at her skeptically. “Whats wrong with it? Is it not big enough?”

“Are you crazy? This thing is a monster! It's so gaudy!”

“Your problem is that it's too big?” He asked in awe.

“Among other things.”

“Well this is a first. I've never had this reaction before when I've given jewelry. Typically it ends with me getting laid, not lectured.”

Kagome cocked and eyebrow. “And is that what you were expecting to happen here?”

“Keh! Not a chance. Who would want you anyway?” He blurted out. “This is just an unusual scenario for me.

“That makes two of us.” She said, before examining the ring again.

“Ugh, this is not me at all. It's so generic. A big flashy diamond. All this shows is that there was absolutely no thought put into this ring at all. It was made for the mass market.”

“Feh. You're too damned picky. What exactly would you have wanted?”

“I don't know.” She answered honestly. Inuyasha twitched I annoyance.

“You're complaining so much, and you don't even know what you like? What the hell is wrong with you woman?”

“You misunderstand. I wouldn't want to pick out my own engagement ring. I would want my fiancée search for the perfect ring. I would want him to look at it and definitively think `Kagome.' “ She mused, dreaming over her imaginary prince. “But I know for certain it wouldn't be a diamond. And it wouldn't be so large that it weighs down my hand.”

“Feh.”

Kagome sighed and placed and looked at the diamond. With this alone she could probably pay off the shrines debt. This ring accurately represented their soon to be marriage. It was a ring picked out by another, bought without her in mind, and was a so grand she felt embarrassed to wear it. She had often wondered what her engagement would be like. She never expected it to be so shallow.

“Oh well. Maybe next time I get married I will have a ring that is more me.” She said absent mindedly.

Inuyasha had to suppress a growl. He was annoyed at the imaginary suitor in her head. They hadn't even gotten married yet and she was already counting down the days. If he didn't hurry and push the marriage through, she might change her mind, and then he would be royally screwed.

The dog demon clenched his teeth and set his eyes on her.

“Just put the damn thing on.”