Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Honeymoon on Alvegasei ( Chapter 31 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 33 Revised

Disclaimer: Same as before, I don't own DBZ, Toriyama does, and Funimation does too. I don't get paid for this. It's fanfiction! Don't sue me!

Notes: This is a rewritten series of chapters because of a few good things people pointed out. Veggies mate on Media minor asked if this was how I wanted to end the chapter 33, so I realized that the whole sequence needed to be changed and some other points from Heiress2thethrone have been addressed. My sincere thanks to all of you who point these things out. It helps to make this the best story possible, so please keep reviewing and reading!

****  


"Woman, wake up… can you hear me?" echoed a voice.

When Bulma awoke next, she stretched to glance up at Vegeta leaning over her. Dark eyes watched her not with the hunger of a predator, but with curiosity. Around her was not he cramped quarters of the ship, but open space. She lay in a comfortable bed set with soft sheets, with the covers pulled up to her chest. Soft green light grew ever brighter, swimming images into focus. She reached up to him and felt solid hardness, the polymer that comprised her version of his Saiyan armor.

"Where are we?" she asked, sitting up, then flopping down. Vegeta’s hand slid behind her head.

"Don’t be stupid, girl… you can’t just jump up! Your fragile body’s still affected but not nearly to the degree it was before…"

"Your fault for gassing me with that stuff… What are you staring at?" she murmured, feeling uneasy.

"You asleep, what do you think?" he asked. "What? I don’t have a right to freaking look at my own mate?"

"Look all you want, but a picture lasts longer," she teased.

"Shut up you," he laughed, pouncing on her and pinning her under him. Bulma reached up and pounded a fist on his armor playfully, then grabbed his earlobe between her teeth.

"You’d better tell me where you dragged me off to!"

"Take a look for yourself," he said, moving off her and yanking the covers away. Bulma shrieked in outrage when she realized she was completely bare.

"You ass! Where’s my clothes…"

"Who says you need them? The climate’s perfectly suitable for fragile human needs…" he joked, pulling her to her feet. She gave his backside a kick and grabbed the robe lying to one side to put on.

"Smart ass!" she commented, rushing after him. He stopped before a veranda, and Bulma gasped at the pale green sky stretching for miles. Air was thinner than she would have liked, but the gravity seemed close to that of Chikyuu. Yet when she reached out to touch the image, her hand tingled with the collision to a field of energy.

"Oww!"

"Don’t touch the force field… unless you want a nasty burn…"

"We’re MILES up," she gasped, glancing at the view of rainforest canopies. Except they were blood red in color predominantly. Jagged mountains jutted up on the horizon, while between them a bright light crept between them to almost blind her. She realized the sky turned from green to almost blue as the large sun rose. Another blare of light stabbed at her eyes when its mate soon followed.

"I know those stars… I’ve seen them on Orchid," she gasped. "Wait… are we in the Vejitasei system again?"

"Silly woman, we're in the Idsarsei system, on one of the moons. It's called Alvegasei... another place few know exist… a moon about the size of your planet Mars…."

"I had no idea… how…"

"Let’s just say that anyone fool enough to land on here, who isn’t Idsarjin or extremely powerful such as they will be consumed by the predators indigenous here. They eat almost anything… the plants themselves are carnivorous…"

"Yikes!" she gasped. "Kuso!"

"Tangelo’s people had made damn sure that nobody else save myself, other Idsarjins, Nappa and Radditz, set foot here, under pain of death. Bok Choi wanted to make it his personal playground. It amused him to toss condemned prisoners here to have them devoured. But he never settled it because it was the one place other than Vejitasei that he couldn’t conquer…"

"I’m afraid to ask… what possibly could be here?"

"Some of the most toxic plants and animals are here. Don’t’ worry Woman, you’re quite safe in the enclosure. The very microorganisms attack any non-Saiyajin or Idsarjin life form. Even puny weak humans have some resistance, due to our common simian ancestors…"

"What’s the gravity like?"

"About one third Chikyuu standard. Definitely enough for you to be able to walk around without collapsing… but the antigravity field in here negates the need for you to worry about floating away…"

"Was this moon always capable of supporting life…?" she asked, reaching up to stroke his spiky cone of dark hair. He sat on the edge of the bed, brushing his hip with hers clothed in a silk nightgown.

"Till we terraformed this world for our purposes. Our scientists found that plants and predators native to Vejitasei thrived here once we got everything else working…"

"I almost wonder why nobody else…"

Vegeta mumbled, "But enough of these fool questions… there’s something I must verify…"

He grasped her from behind and rubbed her breasts through her robe. Sharp bites he lay on her ear, just shy of breaking the skin. Bulma shivered in fear and wonder at the hot breath surging against her neck. Further and further down he slid his hands. As his hand slid over her belly she flinched.

"I’m not going to hurt you, you crazy female… I just…" he started, stopping his white gloved hand in one place. Dark eyes widened discernibly, then sparkled with wonder and pride. It was an expression she never thought she'd see in his face, for it was truly a wall crumbling moment.

"What's wrong…?" she asked.

Vegeta's face temporarily attained a neutral scowl, "That’s better. Now as I was saying… there’s something that’s happened that you should know about…"

"What more?" she mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"You’re far stronger that I had anticipated, woman," he said, with the first bit of reverence she’d ever seen towards her or any human. "I had not thought it possible with more energy… but it is so…"

"Spit it out will you?" Bulma said, stamping her foot. "I hate it when you don’t get to the point…"

"You will have my son," Vegeta said quietly. "I hadn’t expected it to happen so soon…"

"Oh my Kami... you're... you're serious?" she squealed.

"Would I jest about something of this magnitude?" Vegeta snorted indignantly.

"Oh my kame this is freaking AWESOME!" she crowed. With a whoop of joy she hurled herself on him, and he opened his arms to catch the tearful female. Although they were alone he stiffened a bit till she covered his mouth in a hungry kiss that caused him to moan with desire. His tail secured her to him by wrapping around her waist as he continued the kiss while she was willing.

Bulma asked, separating from the kiss for breath, "I know Vegeta… it’s just… damn this is a huge surprise…"

"I wanted you to be the first to see it, because I wanted you to see where I might someday take you once more… after the androids are defeated… where I’ll use the knowledge contained that we secured…"

"I had wondered what you’d do with the race banks…" Bulma said softly, then turned around so he could press his front to her back again. "Vegeta-chan?"

"Hmm?" he asked, licking her pulse. His gloved hands stroked small circles on her belly with pride as if to sense the ki of their child. Every so often he'd divert those gloved hands up and brush them over sensitive breasts aching for his touch.

"What are you going to do with those race banks? I mean… you started to say…" she asked softly, enjoying how his lips vibrated against her neck while his arms snared her to his armored body.

"I took the liberty of making sure to prepare a special serum for you to take, in order to increase your body’s chemistry… to carry the brat successfully. It will ensure my son will be the strongest…" Vegeta murmured, nipping the shell of her sensitive ear and purring lightly against her so her whole body vibrated at the same frequency as his noise.

Bulma stiffened in his arms, pulling away. She felt hot tears come into her eyes, and Vegeta released her with a look of irritation. She whirled around asking, "I’m a guinea pig?"

Immediately Vegeta grabbed her upper arms in his strong hands, holding her just firmly enough to stop her from walking away in anger. He snapped, "No woman… it’s only to adapted your body’s reproductive system so it won’t reject the brat… or cause you any harm."

Relief filled her aquamarine eyes, and her muscles relaxed the knots that had formed. Vegeta too relaxed, turning her around again to massage the tension he'd unwittingly created. Cursing at himself for his lack of tact, he attempted to put her at ease with his soothing fingers apply pressure in specific places. Bulma felt a warm blue energy surging through each touch, realizing he was using a low level of ki to add to his soothing ministrations. Periodically his fingers slid up and picked the tangles out of her long hair, in that grooming motion many primates performed.  


"How much longer?" Bulma relented, letting him go. She stepped back to a respectful distance, folding her arms over her chest much as he did.

"65," Vegeta said. "By your reckoning. A month on my world is a week longer…"

"Shimatta you sure as hell didn’t say so!" she cried, letting go. Vegeta set her carefully on her feet, realizing she was stiffening with irritation again.

"That’s why normally the developing babies of commoners are placed in an invitro tank after the ninth month… but since that idiot Kakkarot had no freaking knowledge of this… it’s obvious that his mate must have carried the boy full term, or had him premature…" Vegeta reasoned."

Bulma's blue eyes flashed like sparking fireworks. She hollered at him, fists at her sides, "I’m not going to let my baby be grown in a fucking TANK!"

"You misunderstand, woman. Because there was a shortage of females, as soon as many concubines produced a child, they were removed, so she could get pregnant again as soon as possible. The invitro tanks enabled the reproduction rate of my people to be boosted twice its normal rate…" Vegeta explained.

"Your superior technology is BULLSHIT! Look, I'm all for honoring your traditions, but you must be aware that I can’t just give mine up," Bulma said, gritting her teeth.

"I am… aware of your traditions," Vegeta said quietly, lowering his eyes as he saw the fury present in hers. "Don’t you realize that I’m sacrificing much by even giving you this honor?"

"Goddamn it Vegeta… I can't… I just can't abide by THAT one!" she sobbed, whirling around again to clamp her hands over her ears. Hunched over she lowered her head, trembling from head to toe.

Both lapsed into sullen silence, turning their backs to one another. If an outside observer saw the tableau they would see Prince and his lady back to back, with arms tightly crossed over their chests. Jet black eyes and deep blue ones gleamed with frustration and anger. Inside his mouth Vegeta tasted the tang of his own blood because he bit his lip so hard.

"I can't believe you'd just try to take it out and put it into an artificial…" she stammered, tears brimming in her blue eyes.

"Woman… Let me explain why we have this tradition… To remove a baby halfway through pregnancy was considered the only option… because a heavily pregnant female would be more at risk to die, or be harmed. So the baby would be left to grow till it’s 30th week, be removed and placed in the tank so it could survive… you do the same on your world…"

"That doesn’t happen by choice! Babies that are born premature aren’t done so naturally!" Bulma yelled at him. His dark eyes widened in shock and horror, as if he had made a gross error. For a moment Bulma realized why he was so adamant at this tradition, because he had assumed something that was unfounded in Chikyuu birthing.

"I did not know," Vegeta apologized. "I had seen the hospitals where the babies were in small incubators and I assumed…"

"Vegeta, you call ME an idiot!" she groaned.

"Woman…. I… am sorry…" Vegeta said quietly, averting his gaze. For the first time she saw him crestfallen and embarrassed to the point of fear. His body trembled, and she realized the danger of failing to clearly communicate.

"Vegeta…" she whispered, walking slowly towards him. Laying a slender hand on his shoulder she rubbed his upper arm clothed in blue AE suit.

Anxiously Vegeta turned his head to glance at her with wary eyes. He placed a neutral expression on his face to hide the vulnerability he had just displayed. "Yes woman?" he asked quietly.

"I… look we have got to be totally open. Anything you don't know about my culture, just ASK me okay? This isn't a competition where you automatically have to know everything…"

"I'm a Prince it's my DUTY to gather all the appropriate data! I'm not used to depending on people to point out my lack of knowledge! I'm supposed to know it all!" Vegeta grunted in frustration.

"I know that. The same thing happens to me when I make mistakes. The last thing I like is being proved wrong, okay, Geta-chan? So let's make a promise to each other that when we're alone we'll level and put all the cards on the table. Anything you don't know, ask me in private if you like. And I'll do the same, I know you don't like being weak. I don't either. Together we can be invincible but only if we allow ourselves… to see each other's warts…"

"Kuso, what in the name of the Legendary Super Saiyan is THAT reference alluding to?" he blinked, growling to express his battle for patience. Bulma could tell he was struggling hard to let down a lifetime of walls and it was impossible to learn it all in a short time.

"A fairy tale. One of those stupid obnoxious ones about a prince who's disguised as a frog…"

"I'm sure this has relevance HOW?" he raised a brow.

"Work with me… okay… look…" she said, darting around to rest both her hands on his shoulders. He exhaled and hit her face with a puff of hot air that he'd been holding in his chest.

"Very well. What is the basis of comparison, and what's the relevance?" Vegeta relented. Lightly tipping his chin up with one hand, Bulma smiled at him. "Okay… it means that when you're around me, and I'm around you, we let our faults show. And anything we don't know, any weaknesses we hide from EVERYONE else… we keep OUR secret, hmm?"

"I can… abide by that, woman," he nodded slowly. "But…"

"If either of us screw up we can yell and scream and threaten to blast each other, deal?" she grinned.

"Now you comprehend," he nodded. "You have yourself a deal, Bulma…"

"Cool," she said, rubbing his shoulder. "I want this to work, you bakayarou. I want to be your mate, so will you try and not make it some freaking guessing game?"

"Humph, very well," he nodded reluctantly. He flickered his tail lightly across her backside in a gentle spank, which made her yelp and turn around to grab his shoulder and raise her fist. He stopped it with the flat of one hand, frowning at her as he said, "The incubation… It is nothing you need concern yourself with at this time, woman. Right now just focus on carrying the first born…"

"Goku and Chichi had Gohan after nine months… and look how powerful he was. Maybe you'd admit that there are some things best left up to Mother Nature?"

"You have a point. Since that idiot Kakkarot had no freaking knowledge of this… it’s obvious that his mate must have carried the boy full term, or had him premature…" Vegeta reasoned.

"You see, no tank needed," Bulma giggled, rising on her toes to thread her arms around his neck.

"Since we are on the subject…. You wished to know what else I intended for the race banks, ne?" he asked.

"Shoot," she nodded, enjoying his gloved hands gripping her waist and sliding around her back to press her soft breasts to his hard armored chest.

Lips close to her ear he whispered, "Since I carry the Royal line, that genotype is already represented. But the race bank contains the phenotypes and genes of the most powerful warriors. Unfortunately I only have ½ of it. The rest… is irretrievably lost. But little matter… it will be enough. Along with the blood samples from Nappa and Radditz they will be sufficient…"

"Won’t you need a host species?" she asked, eyes partly shut as she leaned against him. Her knees turned to water again.

"No, the Idsarjins will develop invitro tanks in which to grow Saiyan infants. The best genetics will combine, and they’ll foster and train the new generations of warriors, safe from those that would destroy them."

Again she flinched, and jerked her body away. Angrily she yelped, "Test tube babies? Vegeta! I thought we talked about this!!!"

"I know it seems despicable to you woman, but you’d think it far worse if I injected them with the DNA… in this way, they can raise the brats while I’m on Chikyuu. I wish the Saiyan lines to remain distinct. However… there are a few of the pleasure priestesses who are willing to undergo impregnation with Saiyan DNA. Nappa and Radditz have given their contributions… but the embryos were all frozen in stasis awaiting implantation in the invitro tanks…"

"You mean…" she stammered.

"Yes woman…" he nodded. "The brats will be grown as they were on Vejitasei. Then they’ll be raised and fostered by their surrogate trainers…"

"This bites…"

"It will not be so for us, I promise you woman. Now will you please stop being so disagreeable. Perhaps I should have not told you anything…" he snarled in irritation.

"I'm sorry," she apologized, reaching out to him. He turned around and rested his hands on his hips.

"Whatever. Make no mistake, as soon as the child reaches halfway I must leave for the traditional six month time… to train… and then return…"

"You could wait till it’s born, and continue to train in the GR," said Bulma. "I’ll leave you alone… I promise… wouldn’t you want to know your son. Your heir is born all right?"

"I must consider this carefully, for there are only two and a half years, even less left over," Vegeta said quietly.

"What if that boy… from the future returns?" Bulma asked, unsure of how to put into words her fears and hopes.

"Then he’ll have much to explain for," said Vegeta quietly. "I saw how he looked at you. He will not take you from me…"

"He’s only a CHILD! Vegeta, Kami I’m not going to be a cradle robber!" Bulma yelled at him exasperated. "God what do you think I am?"

"Bulma, you must understand that Saiyan males are extremely territorial," Vegeta said angrily. "And as such I protect what is rightfully mine. Even if it does seem that I am a heartless bastard, I protect and follow through my duties. The enemy must be defeated, and you must listen to me and display good sense. I won’t have you taking stupid risks with what I’ve entrusted to you… so you must mind your place…"

"And is it as your living incubator? Kuso I should have just build the damn tank," she grumbled.

"You idiot," Vegeta grumbled. "You said you’d bear him the full way… make up your damn mind…"

"I only want you to be there, as a father should. Don’t leave me to do all the…" she sniffled, bursting into tears again.