Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Bond across Space Time ( Chapter 32 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 34

This time instead of pushing him away she stumbled over and lay her head on his shoulder. Tears soaked his hair, and Vegeta groaned inwardly. Awkwardly he slapped her back till he realized this wasn’t the appropriate thing; he simply left his hand where it was. That seemed to placate her, for she nestled into his arms close. He groaned in frustration because she wanted to ‘hug’ him.

"The boy will have to be trained, and I am the only one suitable for such a task. I can’t expect YOU or the weaklings to teach him to properly fight," said Vegeta disgustedly. "Curse it, nobody’s here to see, this foolishness," he told himself, then raised his other arm to enclose her in a close embrace. Although it wouldn’t end in sex, the woman wouldn’t shut up unless he learned this foolish custom. This was why he was surprised when she leaned up on tiptoes and covered his mouth with hers. What started as a foolish comforting gesture turned into a rather erotic suggestion, from her tongue thrusting past his lips. Grasping her backside he gave it a squeezed, and pulled her hips close to his body so he could deepen the kiss to his hungry satisfaction. Bulma bore up against the pressure of his fingers, which wasn’t enough to seriously hurt her, but enough to sometimes leave bruises on her hips and shoulders.

"Mmm," she whispered, when he panted and released her with surprise.

"You're going through those hormone changes, are you not?" he asked, catching his breath. "Tell me that's what it is..."

"Yes you lunkhead... that proves I'm carrying your child... get used to the roller coaster because I'm going to be the bitch queen from HFIL in a few more months..."

"Basically not much different from your usual demeanor. To think I was worried," he smirked.

"If you weren't ten times my density I'd pop you for that remark, buster," she growled.

"It will hurt you far more than it will me," he teased.

"Bakayarou..."

"Pain in my royal ass," Vegeta shot back, eyes gleaming with the same arousal as hers.

"Neanderthal..."

"Tailless loudmouthed wonder," he teased.

"Moron," she added, as he traced his tongue over her lips.

"I realized that you've classed yourself appropriately, but I am the exception. Perfection cannot always be recognized by..."

"You are perfect. Perfectly spoiled rotten like me," she whispered, eyes gleaming with warm affection as she threw herself into his arms again. Vegeta scooped her up in his arms and carried her towards the bed again. He had just realized another important fact. Pregnant females were dozens of times more insatiable than normal. He would be reaping the benefits of this impregnation till they reached Chikyuu. If only he could convince her to return to this world when the androids were defeated, and perhaps start the Saiyan race anew.  


Back on Earth, nearly six months had come and gone since Son Goku heard news of Vegeta and Bulma's trip. Secretly he hoped that Trunks would soon be on the way to their universe. Chibi Trunks, to be precise. While he was worried about Krillen and Yamucha's frantic message, he trusted that Vegeta would not be foolish to hurt his friends. At least not without a good reason.

"Hurry back, Vegeta, we need you," Goku thought to himself. Already a whole year and a half had passed, leaving them precious little time to go.

In West Province 439, Goku and Piccolo trained with Gohan for the impending disaster. They had pushed their skills to the limits in the last year, hoping to surpass what were once their top performances. Already Gohan showed much more raw power than Goku could have dreamed. IF only he could convince his son to be more confident. As much as Goku loved to train, he loved to balance it with play. This afternoon he'd suggested a fishing trip to relax and unwind. Also, it was easier to sense any stray ki to indicate his friend's return from space.

"Daddy, they've been gone an awful long time," Gohan said as he glanced up at the clouds.

"Aww I know you're worried but I'm SURE it's fine," Son Goku said as he lay under the clouds next to his son. They were fishing by their favorite water hole, in the midst of training. Wearing his orange gi, Goku turned his head to look at his son with a wide boyish grin. Always he knew that his attitude either rubbed off or pissed off people, in Vegeta's case.

"What if he hurts her, daddy?"

"Vegeta hurt Bulma, no way?" Son Goku chuckled.

"You're acting REALLY weird, Dad," Gohan shook his head. "Krillen was RIGHT…"

"What makes you say THAT?" Goku said with an awkward grin, realizing AGAIN he'd almost spilled the beans, and they weren't sensu either. Anxiously he rubbed the back of his neck, thumbing over the telltale mark that spelled the salvation of the world from its destruction so many years ago. Forever separating him from the bonds of his evil heritage.

"Duh, Dad… you've been driving us NUTS for the last few months…"

"Well, that kid DID turn Super Saiyan at a young age, and you gotta admit that's real impressive, right?" Goku said with a laugh.

"Don't try to change the subject Dad. You ALWAYS duck and dodge like that when Mom…"

"Hey, don't worry… I just have a GOOD feeling that Bulma and Vegeta will be just FINE. I mean what's more dangerous than he is… other than a few dozen villains… but if I Know them they're probably having the time of their lives…"

"Uh huh, yeah," Gohan blinked, shaking his head. "I'm starting to think you're trying to get them together or something…"

"What, who me?" Goku anxiously cried, sitting up as he sweated anxiously. "No way…"

"Dad you're protesting WAY too much," Gohan grinned. "Look, I trust you, and I know you're keeping something a secret for a GOOD reason, so when you're ready, you'll tell me right?"

"Um… yeah, right… look… I'd LIKE to tell you, but I can't. I made a promise…"

"And you have to keep it, I understand, Dad," said Gohan with a nod and a smile. "That's one thing that I can always count on. Even if it makes NO sense to the rest of us, you always have a good reason for keeping something up your sleeve…"

"Other then just my arm," Goku teased; folding both arms behind his head and lying down to peer up at the clouds again. Father and son simply enjoyed the breeze wafting over them, and then Goku gave a slight frown.

"What Dad?"

"I could swear for a moment I heard Bulma… and Vegeta…" Goku mumbled, blinking as he sat up bold. "It's faint…"

"You mean like I can sometimes hear YOU in my head?"

"Yeah… it's kinda funny. You know your Mom and I share a bond, right?"

"What kind of bond, like telepathy?"

"Is THAT what they call it?" Goku asked, scratching his head.

"What are you talking about, Dad? Say it in your own words and maybe we'll see," Gohan said patiently, knowing his father's innocence was not stupidity, but a different way of perceiving things that most took for granted. It was his weakness and his strength.

"Well if it's when you can communicate with words and feelings no matter how far the other person is away from you… like you and I did when I was training with King Kai… that's telepathy right?" said Goku.

"Mm hmm that's right! But you only were able to do that with me, and Mom…"

"With King Kai's help I could do that with all of my friends… and I know Piccolo does it all the time with his friends… on Namek. The people on Yardrat did it as well, but that's how they talked all the time. How else do you think we could communicate? It's like they were talking to me, right here," Goku said, pointing to his forehead.

"Wild," Gohan gasped, sitting up. "You NEVER said anything about this before! So why are you able to telepathically communicate with Vegeta and BULMA? They're not related to us…"

"Vegeta's a Saiyan like me, I guess," said Goku quietly. "And I could swear sometimes that I can almost break through this barrier and anticipate what he's thinking. Usually it happens when he's ticked off at me… which is MOST of the time…"

"Saiyans are telepathic, that's got to be how. I remember when we fought them the first time… all Vegeta had to do was LOOK at Nappa or Radditz…"

"That's it, it has to be. But since I forgot everything… it was like…" Son Goku muttered, closing his eyes.

"When did you hear…"

"Just now…" Goku said. "Shh, lemmie see if I can hear it again…"

He sat up in a meditative position, breathing in and out. Breath and energies coalesced into patterns of chikara and individual ki. Gohan watched his father quietly, feeling the waves of perception unfolding as King Kai had taught Goku to link with other loved ones. It was like sensing ki, but deeper.

"I'm using the same technique as Instant Transmission, but I'm not going anywhere," Goku murmured. "I can feel all sorts of life energy. But if I focus hard enough maybe I can sense WHERE they are… and if they're okay…"

"You've never done it THAT far away have you?"

"Shh, let's just see…" Goku mumbled, breathing more slowly. His eyes twitched under the lids, moving back and forth as he lay his hands on his thighs with both middle and thumbs clenched slightly. Gohan sat opposite him.

"Let me help Dad…"

"Yeah that might work. See if you can match my energy and help me pull it in…"

"Like a radio telescope," said Gohan.

"Radio what?"

"Shh, just think of me right in front of you…" said Gohan, reaching out with his hands not quite touching his dad's. Both Father and Son synched energies and breathing to the same rate, focussing on those parts of their minds used for martial arts. Goku could feel his energies rippling across to listen to distant mental ki, pressing his inner mind to the limit.

A huge spike of energy on a desert world, exploding. Goku felt the burning sands as he peered through someone else's eyes. Hot sweat dripping down his forehead as he clutched the woman next to him. Anger, hatred and fear coalescing into something more.

"It's Vegeta… I'm seeing… seeing through his eyes…" Goku murmured to himself. Inhaling more deeply he pressed his listening to the upper level of what was possible.

A loud scream echoed across space and time. Goku sensed the enemy ahead, brewing with a power that was less than Freiza, but still more than a match for the Saiyan Prince. Bulma's presence touched Goku's thoughts, and he sensed that wherever Vegeta was, she was right there. Sweat blistered on his brow as he willed more of the images trickling in.

Feelings, thoughts and sounds echoing in the darkness. Goku's lip twitched at the blinding hot pain that surged through him. He panted at the push to build more and more energies. Identical to his sensations of reaching Super Saiyan. Then his eyes shot wide open when he realized the energies spiked to a climax. He could hear the enemy's taunting laugh. Bulma's screams, and Vegeta's roar as he opened up everything to tap hidden hatred.

"Pure Hatred… Kame…" Goku shuddered. In that one moment he felt a wave of pure evil, but it was aimed at something other than Vegeta's selfish pride.

"Dad!" Gohan gasped, falling backwards.

"He's… done it," Goku panted, wiping away sweat from his forehead. "But he doesn't know what he's done… and he's frustrated. So close and yet so far… darn it, if only he knew WHY…"

"You felt him… saw him…"

"Go Super Saiyan," said Goku quietly. Gohan blinked at the golden hint to his father's hair and the emerald gleam of his eyes. Spontaneously son Goku had reached his own transformation.

"For a second I was RIGHT There with him… and then he shut me out," said Goku with a deepening tone in his voice. He gritted his teeth, and then looked sadly at his son lying there. Reaching out he helped Gohan to sit up, and then rose to his feet. Shoulders squared Son Goku stared through the vault of blue sky in the direction he'd sensed the power spike.

"It's just like the theory of two particles spinning in opposite directions, from Physics," said Gohan.

"Huh?"

"There's a theory in science… where two particles can be MILES, no light years apart, and when one spins one direction, the other spins the opposite…"

"Like me and Vegeta?" Goku blinked. "Neat."

"Both of you were Super Saiyan at that moment, and maybe That's why you could bridge the gap… across space and time… so you know that Vegeta's okay… and if Bulma's with him…"

"That's right, Gohan, absolutely," Goku nodded. The radiance faded from his upswept hair, dropping the spikes to their usual haphazard configuration. Simultaneously Gohan sensed the lid being shut on his father's true ki limit.

"That's enough boys, come in! I was calling for dinner an HOUR ago!" Chichi's voice echoed across the forest.

"Uh oh… better move it or else…" Goku flushed.

"Mom…" he nodded and they felt their stomachs complaining.

"I've got a better way," said Goku with a mischievous smile. He touched fingers to his forehead, and instantly they were snatched to the reality of the house.

"Don't DO that!" Chichi squealed, seeing both of them appear behind her in the small kitchen. "What are you trying to do? Drive me into an early grave?"

"Sorry, I forgot you're not used to it…" Goku apologized, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"Sorry Mom…"

"Your dinner was getting cold," Chichi sighed, shaking her head. Sometimes she wondered just WHAT she was thinking, and yet she couldn't resist that boyish charm on her husband's smiling face. Goku's sweetness was addictive even if sometimes annoying.

Both of them sat eagerly behind the table. She drew in a deep sigh, wandering back and forth to ladle out mammoth portions of their favorites. At least Piccolo had volunteered to go to the groceries in the new car that had been dropped off at their door. The idiot had finally gotten a license, but she hoped that her husband would as well.

Goku sensed his wife's frustration, and turned his gaze slightly to her. Swallowing the mouthful of food, he reached out his hand as she trudged by. Her face was twisted into sadness, with that faraway look that she'd always had since his return. Goku was no idiot, because he knew it was far from what he recalled. Chichi should have been bantering back with him, not drifting back into herself. She squealed as a strong hand shot out and whipped her towards the table.

"IEEE!" she screeched, as Goku planted her on his lap, and caught the falling platters with his other hand.

"Hey Chichi, what's wrong?" he asked cheerfully.

"You almost spilled what was LEFT of your dinner, you goon!" she spluttered.

"Why don't you sit down with us? You've been awfully sad lately…" Goku said softly, setting down the huge platter of rice.

"You've never asked me… before why…" she panted as she squirmed on his lap.

"Gohan, why don't you finish your dinner in the living room. Mom and I kinda wanna talk husband to wife…" Goku said as he smiled at his son.

"But no eating in the…"

"Please?" Goku asked her, giving his best puppy dog look that drove her up the wall.

"Okay, I'll be in here, Mom and Dad," Gohan said, with a knowing wink that made Chichi gasp.

"How does he…" she blinked. Then she realized all that education drummed into him wasn't just in scholarly things.

"That MASTER ROSHI…"

"Jeez honey, he DOES know… I mean he is a genius right?" Goku asked, wondering why Chichi was yet again so upset.

"He's growing up too fast, that's what," Chichi sobbed. Goku pulled her onto his knees, wrapping her in his muscular arms. Her entire body trembled against his, feeling so fragile she would almost break. Already her emotions had snapped at the touch of his simple query. Just by knowing that Goku was at least aware in some manner that she was distressed blew down the walls she had built trying to keep back her fears.

"Shh, hey don't cry… it's okay… hey…" he urged, rocking her in his lap. Sobbing she buried her face in his neck, letting her tears soak through his orange gi. Simply he comforted her in the manner of how his Granpa Gohan did those many years ago, or how he would hold his son Gohan on his lap. If there was one thing Goku excelled at it was the crushing, comforting friendly hug.