Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Goku's heart problems ( Chapter 33 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 35 

Revised! "Why does he have to train, why?" Chichi sniffled. Her hot breath fanned Goku's neck, while her cheek brushed against his thick forest of unruly hair. Far softer than she might have imagined, she tangled her fingers in it and pulled it in frustration. Son Goku knew she needed some way to vent her frustration, so often he allowed her to do what she needed. Even if it meant punching the flats of his hands a million times, or tugging at his hair because it wouldn't physically harm him.

"Because the earth needs him, sweetie… I know you hate him training…"

"Why can't you just do it without him! He's only a BOY!" chichi sniffled.

"So was I…" said Goku quietly. "If we don't let him train, then there won't be a world for him to live in… to grow up to be anything… you know it as well as I do…"

"Kuso," she sobbed beating on his shoulder. Goku let her pound his chest in her frustration, knowing it didn't hurt him physically, yet her anger was tearing him up inside.

"Chichi, look at me… shhh," he urged, holding her face between his hands. With his thumbs he wiped away her angry tears, while feeling his own protectiveness soar.

"You're just too naïve sometimes… he isn't a fighter like you are," she sniffled.

"We don't know that," Goku said.

"Shimmata can't you LISTEN To me!" she sobbed.

"I am listening… and I know you're angry. If it helps, go ahead and punch me a few more times…" Goku teased.

"That's NOT funny, Goku-sa!" she snapped.

"Hey, I’m just trying to cheer you up. I HATE it when you're sad like this… hey… I think I know something that might help…"

"I'm NOT going to go for ICE cream and that's IT!" she snorted.

"I know it's something to do with being hungry, but not THAT sort of hungry," he said, voice dropping to a low tone that made her blood boil. Fortunately it wasn't from anger. He slid one hand from her cheek down behind her neck, while removing the other to hold her securely on his lap. The old chair creaked a bit with the added weight, but he swung her around so she was more tightly tucked to his chest.

"Goku-sa?" she asked, then gave a slight smile as she saw the sort of appetite he wanted to satiate.


"Our room, or here?" he asked, panting.

"Gohan's in the next room… maybe next time I'll show you other places… but the bed is fine," she panted. Goku nodded, and kept her in place. She shrieked as he took her along in his new trick.

"I know you don't like me doing this in the house… but I wanted you to see how neat Instant Transmission can be…" he winked, like a mischievous 12-year-old. She still sat on his lap, while Goku had materialized somewhere near the bed. He'd judged it wasn't too far from where his son was sitting reading quietly.

Shyly he fingered her cheek, touching his lips to hers tentatively. A pure chaste kiss started out with small brushes of his mouth to hers, as his hands tightened on her waist. "You can do that harder…"

"I don't want to hurt you," Goku choked. "The last time…"

"Shh, it's all right… I'll tell you…" Chichi promised, putting a finger over his lips. "Just be gentle… like this…"

Up and down his shirted chest she ran her fingers, slipping them under the orange sleeveless top. Goku stroked callused hands over the silk of her jacket, lightly squeezing. To her it felt like a heavy shiatsu massage and she squirmed in his lap. He let out a little strangled gasp as he felt his body starting to respond to her.

Dark eyebrows lowered into a concentrated frown, as Goku inhaled her scents. That sweet plum blossom taste came into his lips, as his adrenaline pounded. Breathing heavily he struggled to focus his strength for the task ahead, to hold back for all he was worth. Especially when Chichi reached for his sash, slowly unknotting it. Goku lifted her up effortlessly, setting her on his pelvis like a doll with great care. Now she could straddle him and run her fingers through his wiry stiff hair that was permanently messy and endearing. He ran two fingers over her breasts, lightly focussing energies to warm her trembling body. Years ago Chichi had taught him how to use his ki to stimulate muscles to please her in a way that wouldn't endanger her with groping squeezes.

His fingers tightened on her, struggling not to tear the cloth. "Wait," Chichi urged, reaching up to unbutton the collar.

"No, let me," Goku panted, growling in his throat in the way that vibrated deliciously through them both. His large fingers delicately fumbled and unfastened the silk frogs, then smoothed aside the cloth so he saw her torso exposed. She helped him off with his top, while he peeled hers away and threw them on the chair together. He shifted so he lay back on the bed with her straddling his pelvis. She turned away so she could help him off with his weighted boots. One after another they landed on the floor with a solid thud. Softly she leaned to kiss him with delicate butterfly pecks up and down his arms, over his muscles before he caressed her breasts in either callused hand. With a giggle she realized they were still a perfect fit to his long strong fingers. He buried his nose in her neck, inhaling her sweet scent. Her bra was the next to go, before he discovered the joy in nursing at her breasts with his soft tongue. She squealed, digging into his hair with her fingers to hold him there.

She held on, shaking with utter joy as her husband held her tightly to him and shared his substantial ki in and around her, marking her with his personal energy signature. Simultaneously he clenched his teeth down on her neck, as she bit him. Sobbing she tasted the sweetness of his blood as he did the same to hers.

Neither questioned why they did this. It seemed natural enough to Goku, because it was what instinct told him. Chichi had been scared at first, but then realized he had said he'd lived in the woods. She'd automatically assumed he'd seen animals mate, and that was his way of 'marking' her. Imagine her surprise when Goku told him that Vegeta had harangued him for not being 'Saiyan' enough shortly after he'd arrived. Nevertheless when Goku and chichi showed up at a dinner party at Capsule shortly after Vegeta lived there, the Prince was in for the surprise of his life. Chichi had moved the scarf aside and the Prince was rendered speechless to see the permanent red welt at the proper place for a Saiyan female.

Goku had grinned for at least an hour to see Vegeta's wide eyed open-mouthed gape. Since that moment, Vegeta had kept his comments regarding Chichi to himself, saving them for behind his back. Also, he had seen a similar mark on Goku's neck, visible JUST under the edge of his blue training shirt:

"Why do you think she makes me wear it?" he laughed, slugging Vegeta on the back and nearly knocking him over.

"Idiot," Vegeta had grumbled. "Save it for the duel, dammit…"

"Where's YOUR bite?" he'd asked.

"Shut up, Kakkarot or I'll fight you here and NOW!" Vegeta had snarled. Graining like an idiot, Goku had walked away, whistling with that infuriating grin that Vegeta grew to hate.

"Oh, I wouldn't do that. I don't think Bulma would like it if you blew up her house. Besides the food's a whole lot better… and I know how much you hate eating fast foods…"

"I'm not eating those damn instant noodles and sleeping on the sofa, you third class clown!" Vegeta shot at him, referring to the time the two of them had gone out to train and spar in the woods in some poor attempt that Vegeta wanted to show him a Saiyan right of passage. Just WHY the prince had even bothered was beyond anyone's guess. Goku figured it was Vegeta's attempt to be friends, which was NOT the case. However it ended in a grudging respect that Goku wasn't totally the idiot that Vegeta took him for.

Perhaps it was the fact Vegeta had no clue how to cook in the wilds. Or else it was the lack of success hunting that did him in. Goku had forgotten to tell him that that part of west 439 had been cleared of most wildlife due to overheating, and was only just being restocked by the gaming board. Or the lack of sensu beans, when Vegeta had a nasty cut, and Goku had tried to get him to stay down so he could put his home remedy on it.

"I need no help, you imbecile!"

"Jeez Vegeta, you don't want that going infected. I know we heal fast, but that will leave a NASTY scar…"

"Get away!"

"Sorry to do this, but it's for your own good," Goku said, and chopped him on the side of his neck to stun him. Hours later Vegeta came to, smelling Raman noodles and fish wafting into his nose while something burned like HELL on his leg.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!"

"Sorry to wake you… that's the only thing that will take care of a cut," Goku had said as Vegeta screamed and ranted at the burning pain.

"What is this… it's bloody killing… you son of a bitch!"

"Easy, relax!" Goku had urged, pressing him down. Vegeta had struggled to punch and kick him off when the pain faded. His leg could move easily as he kicked Goku in the gut and punched his jaw.

"BE glad for you that I'm not in the mood to fight you… but make no mistake… this doesn't let you off the hook…"

"I wouldn't… dream of it," Goku gasped, sitting up and shaking off the injuries. It still amazed him how quickly he was able to recover from the punches. If Vegeta REALLY wanted to hurt him he wouldn't have pulled them.

Goku wondered as he lay there in his wife's arms, if Vegeta made love the same way. Perhaps now he and Bulma had already mated, and Trunks was on the way. Something told him that it must be so. For he'd sensed a third presence in with the two at the moment Vegeta had reached Super Saiyan.

"Vegeta, you might not think you want to be a dad, but I know once Trunks shows up, you'll be great," said Goku with a smile.

"What was that, sweetie?" Chichi yawned tiredly. Goku tightened his arms around her and kissed her brow.

"Oh, just daydreaming. About how glad I am to have forgotten everything but what was most important," Goku said as he turned her face to give her a more heated kiss.

They again made love, sparing nothing between them. Such moments were all too fleeting for Chichi, for her heart told her that she should enjoy it while it lasted. Then Goku felt a knife of pain stabbing through his heart.

"Ugh…" he gasped, panting.

"Goku-sa!" she screamed, as he held his arm and his heart rate pounded irrationally.

"I… it hurts…" he gasped.

"GOHAN! Call the doctor!" Chichi screamed, getting off her husband. "Oh no… oh no no…"

"Chichi… medicine… under the pillow… my heart…" Goku gasped.

"WHAT!" she panicked, running around to find the first aid kit.

"There…" Goku gasped, as she struggled to adjust everything. Goku struggled to push something into her hand, and she squealed with surprise as he gasped.

"What's this…"

"Mom, dad!" Gohan cried, rushing in. "What's going on… Dad!"

"Call the doctor…"

"Gohan… the medicine… it's the only…" Goku gasped. The vial dropped from his hand, rolling on the floor. Chichi rushed around, grabbing what she needed to try and keep him alive.

Leaning over, Gohan picked up the bottle and read the label. When he saw the expiration date, his eyes widened. 20 years in the future. "Wait here mom," he said, and rushed out. "I think I know what's going wrong…"  


Across space and time on the moon of Idsarsei, Vegeta snapped awake. "Kakkarot!" he gasped, panting in and out.

"Vegeta?" Bulma blinked, as her Prince broke into a cold sweat.

"I… I…" he gasped, trembling under her.

"Geta-chan, what's wrong… you're freezing…" Bulma squealed, moving off his lap. She struggled to loosen tight clothing on him as he trembled there, holding his arm.

"The pain… so much… what the FUCK is going on… I…"

"Vegeta… please… what's happening, what do I do?" Bulma cried, slapping the sides of his face. "No… stay with me!"

"It's… I felt him… Kakkarot… he's going to die!" Vegeta snapped, grabbing her arm tightly. "We have to get back now!"

"Vegeta… how do you know?"

"I know dammit! We can't just stay here… we HAVE to get back before he dies! I won't let him perish before I've got the chance to fight him!" Vegeta shouted.

"Okay, okay… how do I…"

"I'm fine… woman… I just… damn it… stupid clown doesn't know what he was doing," Vegeta panted, catching his breath.

"What just happened, buster! How could you know… and why the HELL are you scaring me?" Bulma yelled at him.

"Shut up," he panted. Bulma did so, grabbing water for him from the side. HE slowly sipped it, letting her wipe away his perspiration.

"You and I are on the other side of… wherever…"

"We can get back in time… if we hurry… Idsarsei can wait…" Vegeta gasped.

"Yes of course, we have to help Goku… but just how can you know…"

"Saiyans… are telepathic, woman… surely by Now…"

"Yes… but Goku isn't family…"

"He's a Saiyan as I am. And as the Prince, I can sense my subjects no matter WHERE they are, especially if they're broadcasting as fricking loud as he was! That fool almost killed me with his projection!"

"Oh. Of course…"

"We'd better get packed. How soon can you be ready to go back to Chikyuu, ?"Vegeta asked.

Bulma sat upright, knowing that there was no questioning this. Sighing she threw aside the covers and said, "Only a few minutes. Where's the space ship?"

"Not far. Get everything ready as soon as you can. We must leave with all due haste! I won't have Kakkarot perishing before we get back!"

"How long will a return trip take?"

"Perhaps a week at the most, but we'll be traveling at maximum velocity!" said Vegeta, scrambling to his feet. He rushed over to get dressed in his armor, leaving a crestfallen Bulma to slide out of bed. Hastily she dressed, then started to pack their items before encapsulating them.

"Going home…" she trailed off, feeling worry and sadness mate into dread. Ice clamped over her heart when she realized that things were forever changed. Somewhere in the shock she felt the bond and connection settling in.

"If Goku could send his thoughts across space and time… maybe Trunks could as well… Of COURSE… that proves he's my son… that's how… he… I FELT him…" she whispered. When should she tell Vegeta the news? When the boy from the future returned, or after?